PDA

View Full Version : I'm not sure why so many are celebrating

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2009, 08:27 PM
Seriously.

Maybin, a 3rd down DE at #11. He's WAY too small to hold up on the run on 1st and 2nd down.

Wood, who was a reach, and not even as good or versatile as Unger.

Byrd, who though is too slow to be a CB is ok if they want him at FS, but also admits Whitner is done.

Then giving up a 3rd and 4th for Levitre, who's a good pick, but cannot play OT in the NFL.

So we have 4 Interior linemen to fill 3 slots? Butler was our best OL last year!

SO Butler, Levitre, Hanagartner, and Wood have to fit into the 3 inside spots?

WE also have NOT addressed our OT issues, and have NOTHING going on at OLB... another year of Keith Ellison getting pancaked! yes!

Oh and no TE.

Sooooo....

we needed:
OT
DE
OLB
TE
OG

we got
a 1 down DE
OG
OG
CB

makes sense to me.

streetkings01
04-25-2009, 08:29 PM
Seriously.

Maybin, a 3rd down DE at #11. He's WAY too small to hold up on the run on 1st and 2nd down.

Byrd, who though is too slow to be a CB is ok if they want him at FS, but also admits Whitner is done.

Then giving up a 3rd and 4th for Levitre, who's a good pick, but cannot play OT in the NFL.

So we have 4 Interior linemen to fill 3 slots? Butler was our best OL last year!

WE also have NOT addressed our OT issues, and have NOTHING going on at OLB... another year of Keith Ellison getting pancaked! yes!

Oh and no TE.

Sooooo....

we needed:
OT
DE
OLB
TE
OG

we got
a 1 down DE
OG
OG
CB

makes sense to me.I disagree on everything but the Byrd pick.

TheMan08
04-25-2009, 08:29 PM
Oh God. I feel bad for your significant other

TheMan08
04-25-2009, 08:30 PM
We needed a God damn safety

streetkings01
Canadians!LOL

Canadian'eh!
More than we needed an OLB? or TE? or OT?

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2009, 08:31 PM
Oh God. I feel bad for your significant other

Your mom says hi.

billsfanone
04-25-2009, 08:33 PM
we didn't fill needs or get bpas.

Tatonka
04-25-2009, 08:36 PM
funny thing is people were crying that hartgardner was a back up for someone else and then got a starting gig.. now we got 2 legit inside guys and we are crying about it..

who knows.. jacksonville took 2 OTs with their first 2 picks.. and they just signed tre thomas.. you take the best available player.. they have a plan.. we just dont know right now.

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2009, 08:37 PM
11- OT Oher
28- OG Unger
42- DE Brown
51- TE Ingram

then you had something.

SquishDaFish
04-25-2009, 08:38 PM
I disagree on everything you said except the CB pick

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2009, 08:39 PM
funny thing is people were crying that hartgardner was a back up for someone else and then got a starting gig.. now we got 2 legit inside guys and we are crying about it..

who knows.. jacksonville took 2 OTs with their first 2 picks.. and they just signed tre thomas.. you take the best available player.. they have a plan.. we just dont know right now.

Then why did we sign Hangartner at all?

Who is playing T? What about TE? What about OLB? Should the #11 pick be someone who's too small to play the run?

I think the plan is to try to look smart, only to leave huge holes.

Oher was perfect at 11, and we passed on him for Maybin, who is TOO SMALL.

SABURZFAN
04-25-2009, 08:40 PM
11- OT Oher
28- OG Unger
42- DE Brown
51- TE Ingram

then you had something.

not bad but i would have loved this...

11. Oher- T
28- Wood- C
42. Brown- DE
51. D. Robinson- G

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2009, 08:40 PM
I disagree on everything you said except the CB pick

So where are those OL gonna play then?

ddaryl
04-25-2009, 08:41 PM
More than we needed an OLB? or TE? or OT?

I think Maybin plays a little both OLB and DE. But moslty in the pass rushing fashion

but we also have 2 LB's coming off of IR. DiGiornio, and Bowen.

I think our draft is going well, and we just won't know how this really plays out till they play.

Simpson has been injured a lot, and most likely were replacing him with Byrd, who has some ball hawking skills (something we lack) and moving Donte back to SS

TheMan08
He will be a SAFETY!

SquishDaFish
Whichever rookie doesnt win the G spot is a backup. Not a bad deal not every rookie will start

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2009, 08:43 PM
not bad but i would have loved this...

11. Oher- T
28- Wood- C
42. Brown- DE
51. D. Robinson- G

Why the extra OL? seriously?

Oher-Wood-Hangartner-Butler-Walker
Bell-McKinney-Chambers as backups

that's fine.. there's no need for a 3rd OL if you added a T.

SO why not address OLB or TE which are HUGE needs.

Mahdi
04-25-2009, 08:44 PM
Seriously.

Oh and no TE.

Sooooo....

we needed:
OT
DE
OLB
TE
OG

we got
a 1 down DE
OG
OG
CB

makes sense to me.
The guy is 6'4 250... heard of Robert Mathis? 6'2 245...

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2009, 08:45 PM
I think Maybin plays a little both OLB and DE. But moslty in the pass rushing fashion

but we also have 2 LB's coming off of IR. DiGiornio, and Bowen.

I think our draft is going well, and we just won't know how this really plays out till they play.

Simpson has been injured a lot, and most likely were replacing him with Byrd, who has some ball hawking skills (something we lack) and moving Donte back to SS

Donte has done nothing at SS though. Not that i expected more at FS.

If that's a FS pick i'm fine with it. Cut Donte and let Scott play SS. HE's better there anyway and a lot cheaper.

We have CRAP at OLB and Maybin won't play there.... we need a LB not named Ellison.

streetkings01
04-25-2009, 08:47 PM
I think Butler gets moved to either the left or right side.....probably the right side.

ct bills fan
04-25-2009, 08:47 PM
Oher didn't go until the mid 20s, unger didn't go until well into the 2nd round, so, your idea of taking Oher at 11 and Unger at 28 doesn't hold water, unless you know more than every football gm in the league.

TedMock
04-25-2009, 08:51 PM
I think Butler gets moved to either the left or right side.....probably the right side.

Butler was originally a tackle. He played right tackle in college. This isn't far fetched.

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2009, 08:52 PM
Butler was originally a tackle. He played right tackle in college. This isn't far fetched.

And moved inside for a reason.

Patti120
04-25-2009, 08:53 PM
We can still grab a decent pass catching TE in this draft (maybe 4th round?) or the FO feels that Fine or Schouman will do. OLB still is a need but Ellison is OK (def. not good and we do need an upgrade) but we at least know what we are getting from him.

Maybing could be something special!

Walker will definitely start at one of the Tackle positions so the other will be a battle between Bell, Chambers and Butler. I would imagine that if Bell, Walker or Chambers were to start at tackles then Butler would start at guard.

Definitely not loving this draft but I'm not disappointed at this point either. We have added some good talent and I think we will be fine. Let Wood and Levitre develp for a few years and I think we are good. (yes, I'm sick of waiting too, but just saying)

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Oher didn't go until the mid 20s, unger didn't go until well into the 2nd round, so, your idea of taking Oher at 11 and Unger at 28 doesn't hold water, unless you know more than every football gm in the league.

Baltimore moved UP to get Oher.

Take a look at Baltimore's track record in the draft. Ozzie Newsome has done this before. Believe me.

I don't give a rats ass where these players go in the draft. Teams draft the best player by need usually.... and so guys drop due to circumstances.

If you get good players then that's all that matters.... Unger and Oher will be good.

Mahdi
04-25-2009, 08:57 PM
The reason was we had no one else. Butler has great feet and more than enough athleticism to play RT.

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2009, 08:58 PM
We can still grab a decent pass catching TE in this draft (maybe 4th round?) or the FO feels that Fine or Schouman will do. OLB still is a need but Ellison is OK (def. not good and we do need an upgrade) but we at least know what we are getting from him.

Maybing could be something special!

Walker will definitely start at one of the Tackle positions so the other will be a battle between Bell, Chambers and Butler. I would imagine that if Bell, Walker or Chambers were to start at tackles then Butler would start at guard.

Definitely not loving this draft but I'm not disappointed at this point either. We have added some good talent and I think we will be fine. Let Wood and Levitre develp for a few years and I think we are good. (yes, I'm sick of waiting too, but just saying)

Maybin could be a pancake. And likely will be.... He will get pressure.... But he will also be a major liability versus the run.

I don't think we have 2 legit OT's on the team.. that worries me.

Ellison is anything BUT ok. He's Horrid. And while they can still draft a TE in the 4th... most of the good receiving TE's will be gone by then.

Like I say.. I LIKE Byrd at FS.

Tatonka
04-25-2009, 09:00 PM
Baltimore moved UP to get Oher.

Take a look at Baltimore's track record in the draft. Ozzie Newsome has done this before. Believe me.

I don't give a rats ass where these players go in the draft. Teams draft the best player by need usually.... and so guys drop due to circumstances.

If you get good players then that's all that matters.... Unger and Oher will be good.

your right.. like baltimore having bennie anderson.

TedMock
04-25-2009, 09:01 PM

Exactly. We had no guards and he was versatile enough to play there despite being better suited for tackle. I think drafting interior was a wise idea this year. We got one of the top 3 centers in the late first. He was projected as a late first - early second. He landed where he was supposed to. We also got one of the top 2 guards in the draft. Good move, obviously. Our line was bad, so improving anywhere is good there. Most of our pressure came up the gut last year too.

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2009, 09:03 PM
Exactly. We had no guards and he was versatile enough to play there despite being better suited for tackle. I think drafting interior was a wise idea this year. We got one of the top 3 centers in the late first. He was projected as a late first - early second. He landed where he was supposed to. We also got one of the top 2 guards in the draft. Good move, obviously. Our line was bad, so improving anywhere is good there. Most of our pressure came up the gut last year too.

NO... He doesn't have the lateral movement to play OT at the NFL level. He needs to work in a confined area inside to engage and use his size and strength. His is NOT nimble enough to play out there.

Sorry.

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2009, 09:05 PM
your right.. like baltimore having bennie anderson.

A guy they had for a short time and then let walk?

I said look at their draft history... especially the 1st round. Bennie ANderson ahd nothing to do with that.

Suggs, Scott, Lewis, Ogden, Flacco, Reed, McAlister, Ngata, should I go on?

The Spaz
04-25-2009, 09:05 PM
If you get good players then that's all that matters....

I agree Wood and Levitre will be very good...:clap:

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2009, 09:06 PM
The reason was we had no one else. Butler has great feet and more than enough athleticism to play RT.
no.

Mitchell55
04-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Seriously.

Oh and no TE.

Sooooo....

we needed:
OT
DE
OLB
TE
OG

we got
a 1 down DE
OG
OG
CB

makes sense to me.

All DEs but Orakpo were to small. Also its a small thing, just hit the weight room. Wood is very versitile. Can play all inside positions. Levitre can be a very good G in the NFL and Butler was a very good tackle, feel me? Whitner is going to play SS now. I think its great. TE? We have Fine who is as good as any TE in the draft.

Needs

DE
G
T
S

Got

2nd best DE in class
2 guards/centers
Butler can play tackle
Byrd is our saftey

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2009, 09:07 PM

I agree they may be also... but there are also good players that actually fill some of our needs better.

Mitchell55
04-25-2009, 09:08 PM
no.

Dumb ass :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Sorry for insulting but this is the reason why goodel doesnt want us to move to toronto. I cant imagine 1 of you let alone 1,000+.

SABURZFAN
04-25-2009, 09:09 PM

i hope you're right. they would be a nice foundation to further make the OL a force. the FO just has to keep it maintained every year.

TedMock
04-25-2009, 09:09 PM
NO... He doesn't have the lateral movement to play OT at the NFL level. He needs to work in a confined area inside to engage and use his size and strength. His is NOT nimble enough to play out there.

Sorry.

Not true at all. He was a very good right tackle. Good enough to move to left when all-everything D. Ferguson was out and held his own against legit talent at BC. He was moved inside in Buffalo out of desperation and happened to play well. Don't forget that our guard situation at the time was absolutely miserable. I like him at guard too, but I am positive he can play right tackle.

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2009, 09:11 PM
All DEs but Orakpo were to small. Also its a small thing, just hit the weight room. Wood is very versitile. Can play all inside positions. Levitre can be a very good G in the NFL and Butler was a very good tackle, feel me? Whitner is going to play SS now. I think its great. TE? We have Fine who is as good as any TE in the draft.

Needs

DE
G
T
S

Got

2nd best DE in class
2 guards/centers
Butler can play tackle
Byrd is our saftey

Good god.

Maybin is NOT the 2nd best DE. He's the 2nd best pass rusher MAYBE.

Fine is NOT as good than anyone in this draft class... LMAO. honestly.... i'm supposed to take that serious?

Butler CANNOT play RT. everyone is claiming it so justify the picks... but he's not athletic enough.

Apparently we don't need an OLB according to you? Or a TE? riiight you must be watching a diff team than me.

I love how everyone just makes stuff up to justify the picks so they don't have to face reality that a team with bad management is being badly managed again..

It's not the players in particular.. it's the fact that we have bigger needs to get better.

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2009, 09:12 PM
Dumb ass :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Sorry for insulting but this is the reason why goodel doesnt want us to move to toronto. I cant imagine 1 of you let alone 1,000+.

Lol... yes... i'm canadian... goo comeback.... But i don't give a **** about your insults.. doen'st mean Butler can play RT because you say so.

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2009, 09:14 PM
Not true at all. He was a very good right tackle. Good enough to move to left when all-everything D. Ferguson was out and held his own against legit talent at BC. He was moved inside in Buffalo out of desperation and happened to play well. Don't forget that our guard situation at the time was absolutely miserable. I like him at guard too, but I am positive he can play right tackle.

For god's sake.. yes he could play OT in COLLEGE. they don't have the talent the NFL does. But in space, in the NFL, and he'd be a turnstile.

ct bills fan
04-25-2009, 09:14 PM
I feel like I justed wasted 10 minutes of my life reading this thread. Go Argonauts.

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2009, 09:17 PM
I feel like I justed wasted 10 minutes of my life reading this thread. Go Argonauts.

And you of course missed the point.

I don't have a problem with most of the players we took, as much as they don't make a ton of sense considering what we needed.

and I know more about the NFL than 90% of the people on this board. So don't pull that CFL garbage on me.

Mitchell55
04-25-2009, 09:19 PM
Good god.

Maybin is NOT the 2nd best DE. He's the 2nd best pass rusher MAYBE. DE job is to rush the passer, 2nd best pass rusher is the best DE

Fine is NOT as good than anyone in this draft class... LMAO. honestly.... i'm supposed to take that serious? Only TE that can block and catch is Pettigrew. Fine can do both also.

Butler CANNOT play RT. everyone is claiming it so justify the picks... but he's not athletic enough. His main strength is athleticism, he has also been listed as a tackle since he came in the nfl and was a great tackle in college

Apparently we don't need an OLB according to you? Or a TE? riiight you must be watching a diff team than me. Bowen can be a good LB, I would still like one in the 4th though.

I love how everyone just makes stuff up to justify the picks so they don't have to face reality that a team with bad management is being badly managed again.. I have came to the conclusion that canadians should stick to hockey :D:

It's not the players in particular.. it's the fact that we have bigger needs to get better. We filled 4-6 needs

TedMock
04-25-2009, 09:20 PM
For god's sake.. yes he could play OT in COLLEGE. they don't have the talent the NFL does. But in space, in the NFL, and he'd be a turnstile.

I disagree and it has nothing to do with justifying today's picks. It is purely my own assessment of Butler after having watched him play in college. Nothing more. I didn't watch all of his games, but I live in Virginia and have seen enough. Some even live. That doesn't mean I'm right. Just my opinion. The "for god's sake" stuff can be saved for somebody else. Don't get your panties in a bunch because we don't all agree with you. You have a right to your opinion. That's cool. I just don't happen to agree in this particular case. I don't care if he plays inside or outside. I think he's capable of playing both. Not on the left side though. He's certainly not a left tackle in the NFL.

Mitchell55
04-25-2009, 09:20 PM

You basically just said that no one can play tackle in the NFL comming from college.

Bill Cody
04-25-2009, 09:21 PM
and I know more about the NFL than 90% of the people on this board. So don't pull that CFL garbage on me.

lol

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2009, 09:27 PM
Good god.

Maybin is NOT the 2nd best DE. He's the 2nd best pass rusher MAYBE. DE job is to rush the passer, 2nd best pass rusher is the best DE

Fine is NOT as good than anyone in this draft class... LMAO. honestly.... i'm supposed to take that serious? Only TE that can block and catch is Pettigrew. Fine can do both also.

Butler CANNOT play RT. everyone is claiming it so justify the picks... but he's not athletic enough. His main strength is athleticism, he has also been listed as a tackle since he came in the nfl and was a great tackle in college

Apparently we don't need an OLB according to you? Or a TE? riiight you must be watching a diff team than me. Bowen can be a good LB, I would still like one in the 4th though.

I love how everyone just makes stuff up to justify the picks so they don't have to face reality that a team with bad management is being badly managed again.. I have came to the conclusion that canadians should stick to hockey :D:

It's not the players in particular.. it's the fact that we have bigger needs to get better. We filled 4-6 needs

You're a moron...

So DE's don't play the run also? really? wow.

Fine is a backup so-so TE who isn't much of a blocker.. ad we need a legit receiving TE....

His main asset is SIZE... he's a G. not a T.

Bowen is small and unproven, and wasn't exactly a high end talent to start with.

Canadians prefer sticking it to your old lady. the dirty skank that she is... how do i taste anyway?

and of course, your most GENIUS comment... we filled 6 needs with 4 players... AMAZING.

Stop writing..... before your stupid wears off on people.

henrybacker
04-25-2009, 09:27 PM
canadian is dead on.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Canadian'eh!
11- OT Oher
28- OG Unger
42- DE Brown
51- TE Ingram

then you had something.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

exactly what should have been done. Don't bother wasting your time with the homers in here man.

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2009, 09:29 PM
You basically just said that no one can play tackle in the NFL comming from college.

Ne Genius.... I said most of the OTs in college don't make it in the NFL.... but the biggest thing is having the size, strength and mobility/athleticism. Those that lack that NFL level of agility won't make it.

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2009, 09:31 PM
I disagree and it has nothing to do with justifying today's picks. It is purely my own assessment of Butler after having watched him play in college. Nothing more. I didn't watch all of his games, but I live in Virginia and have seen enough. Some even live. That doesn't mean I'm right. Just my opinion. The "for god's sake" stuff can be saved for somebody else. Don't get your panties in a bunch because we don't all agree with you. You have a right to your opinion. That's cool. I just don't happen to agree in this particular case. I don't care if he plays inside or outside. I think he's capable of playing both. Not on the left side though. He's certainly not a left tackle in the NFL.

OK... let's say your right... let's say he CAN play RT....

Walker has to get used to LT again... 2 rookies at G.... a journeyman at C learning a new system, and Butler.. the one guy who was comfortable... he has to learn Rt too.

so we get ZERO stability.

Mitchell55
04-25-2009, 09:38 PM
You're a moron...

So DE's don't play the run also? really? wow. Its not there main job. Its like a QB, main job is to throw and thats how they get ranked. Not by speed.

Fine is a backup so-so TE who isn't much of a blocker.. ad we need a legit receiving TE.... Fine was our best blocker even with Royal.

His main asset is SIZE... he's a G. not a T. ?, if your talking about Butler than yes size is a asset but its also the reason why Walker cant play G, hes to tall.

Bowen is small and unproven, and wasn't exactly a high end talent to start with. Unproven yes, low on talent, youve got to be joking.

Canadians prefer sticking it to your old lady. the dirty skank that she is... how do i taste anyway? Um, yeah sure. Wait, did you just say you like ****ing 50 year olds because right now my old lady is my mom.

and of course, your most GENIUS comment... we filled 6 needs with 4 players... AMAZING. I said we filled 4 out of our 6 needs. How much more dumb can you be.

Stop writing..... before your stupid wears off on people.

TedMock
04-25-2009, 09:41 PM

Walker has to get used to LT again... 2 rookies at G.... a journeyman at C learning a new system, and Butler.. the one guy who was comfortable... he has to learn Rt too.

so we get ZERO stability.

There is no doubt that it's unstable. We needed OL pretty much across the board. Walker at LT is very scary to me. I don't know if he can play there all season. I understand why the coaches like Bell, but he is purely a project. The only LT in the draft I completely trusted was Jason Smith. I do like Oher and I was hoping he'd fall to us at 28, but his past also scares me quite a bit. Either way we'd have two rookies on the line. I really like both interior guys we drafted, but there's no guarantee that one or either will play well. They both scare me. Butler going back to tackle scares me even though I think he could. It has been a while. Our line sucks. Losing Dockery and Fowler/Preston didn't make it worse. That's frightening in itself. Losing Peters on the hand... I appreciate that at least the front office is finally focusing attention on the line. I just hope it works out. I am glad they didn't reach based on need. I think we could get in trouble that way too. The team has been so bad for so long and I don't think most of us are expecting miracles. This draft felt a little different and I'm just going to quietly hope it pans out.

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2009, 09:46 PM
Mitchell

PLEASE stop talking.. it's ridiculous.

Walker is too tall at 6-8 but Butler is fine at 6-7? riiight

Alvin Bowen weights 220 pounds. He was drafted in the 5th round and has done NOTHING. But he's to shelf talent. uh-huh

A DE that can't hold up against the run will get exploited and kill you. His job is to rush the passer and hold against the run. It's not only about rushing the passer... jesus.

Fine is not a great blocker.. in fact he's worse than Schouman.

Yes... your 50 year old mom takes it from me regularly. I might be your father...

and finally...

4-6 is normally 4 TO 6... 4/6 would be 4 OF 6.

Damn your dumb. On second thought.... i can't be your father.

Mitchell55
04-25-2009, 09:48 PM
Ne Genius.... I said most of the OTs in college don't make it in the NFL.... but the biggest thing is having the size, strength and mobility/athleticism. Those that lack that NFL level of agility won't make it.

Butler- 6-8, 315. Size check

We also know that he has very good feet

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2009, 09:49 PM
There is no doubt that it's unstable. We needed OL pretty much across the board. Walker at LT is very scary to me. I don't know if he can play there all season. I understand why the coaches like Bell, but he is purely a project. The only LT in the draft I completely trusted was Jason Smith. I do like Oher and I was hoping he'd fall to us at 28, but his past also scares me quite a bit. Either way we'd have two rookies on the line. I really like both interior guys we drafted, but there's no guarantee that one or either will play well. They both scare me. Butler going back to tackle scares me even though I think he could. It has been a while. Our line sucks. Losing Dockery and Fowler/Preston didn't make it worse. That's frightening in itself. Losing Peters on the hand... I appreciate that at least the front office is finally focusing attention on the line. I just hope it works out. I am glad they didn't reach based on need. I think we could get in trouble that way too. The team has been so bad for so long and I don't think most of us are expecting miracles. This draft felt a little different and I'm just going to quietly hope it pans out.

I LOVED Monroe and Jason Smith.... Andre i hated. Oher is a special guy... he's only been playing LT for 3 years. His Character is said to be incredible. A special young man for everything he's been though.

His interview after the draft was incredible.

to paraphrase....

round 1 or round 7... it didn't matter. It only matters that i'm in, and i'm going to be here for the next 10 years....

I just think we needed 1 INterior and an OT... if there isn't one.. then address OLB or TE.

S, DE, OG... all good things to fill.

But the goal should have been to keep the right side of the OL in tact at least IMO.

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2009, 09:51 PM
Butler- 6-8, 315. Size check

We also know that he has very good feet

I never said he didn't have size.. though you said he was too tall to play G....

But WE don't know that. I am sure he doesn't... you have no clue about anything... so I don't think i'll take you word for it.

Mitchell55
04-25-2009, 09:53 PM
Mitchell

PLEASE stop talking.. it's ridiculous.

Walker is too tall at 6-8 but Butler is fine at 6-7? riiight WTF are you talking about? I said that Butler is to tall for G and would be better off at tackle so Trent can actually see.

Alvin Bowen weights 220 pounds. He was drafted in the 5th round and has done NOTHING. But he's to shelf talent. uh-huh You said he has no talent, therefore I know you did not watch anything of him in college.

A DE that can't hold up against the run will get exploited and kill you. His job is to rush the passer and hold against the run. It's not only about rushing the passer... jesus. This is due to his size. If he gets bigger than he will be able to hold up the blocker for the LB.

Fine is not a great blocker.. in fact he's worse than Schouman. You need to watch some games man.

Yes... your 50 year old mom takes it from me regularly. I might be your father... My mom always did tell me stories about staying away from hippos. Now I know why.

and finally...

4-6 is normally 4 TO 6... 4/6 would be 4 OF 6. Based on what I was talking about you shouldve figured it out.

Damn your dumb. On second thought.... i can't be your father.

Mitchell55
04-25-2009, 09:55 PM
I never said he didn't have size.. though you said he was too tall to play G....

But WE don't know that. I am sure he doesn't... you have no clue about anything... so I don't think i'll take you word for it.

He wouldnt of been good in college at tackle if he didnt. You said in the reasons that we shouldnt put him at tackle is because to be a tackle you need size and agility.

Canadian'eh!
04-25-2009, 10:04 PM
I'm tired of making you look stupid mitchell... I'll just let you get back to doing it yourself.

lol.

Mitchell55
04-25-2009, 10:07 PM
I'm tired of making you look stupid mitchell... I'll just let you get back to doing it yourself.

lol.

I actually forgot what we were arguing about. Im realy tired lol. Now, where were we?

streetkings01
04-25-2009, 10:14 PM

so we get ZERO stability.How does Butler have to learn how to play RT again when he was a 3 year starter at RT at VA? How is Hangartner a journeyman when Buffalo is only the 2nd team he's played for in his career? You do know Hangartner played out his contract and the Panthers wanted to keep him but the Gross/Peppers contracts made that difficult? You do know they have a full offseason to get it together....the season is 4 months away...more than enough time to get this thing worked out!

streetkings01
04-25-2009, 10:15 PM
I'm tired of making myself look stupid mitchell... I'll just let you get back to doing it yourself.

lol.Thats more like it!:rockon:

sdbillsfan2
04-25-2009, 10:32 PM
Wow ...let me understand this ... The Canandian guy is upset with the BILLS ?
Does that mean he and all his buddies will organize a boycott of the Bills games and We can get to a regular home schedule again ? I mean , I sure as hell hate to see us stoop so lo as ...............well never mind.

It's a plot Canadian'eh! .....it's a plot
In all seriousness So far I'm less upset that most draft days of the last few years.
I remember *****in years ago that only the Bills would take a guy with questionable knees at RB. It seemed like almost every other team passed him by, then The Bills took him.. I said WTF .

Thurmon Thomas ...if your out there my friend ...I apologize and thanks for taking Pride the Bills uniform. When I'm wrong I'm wrong !!!

TedMock
04-26-2009, 09:11 AM
I LOVED Monroe and Jason Smith.... Andre i hated. Oher is a special guy... he's only been playing LT for 3 years. His Character is said to be incredible. A special young man for everything he's been though.

His interview after the draft was incredible.

to paraphrase....

round 1 or round 7... it didn't matter. It only matters that i'm in, and i'm going to be here for the next 10 years....

I just think we needed 1 INterior and an OT... if there isn't one.. then address OLB or TE.

S, DE, OG... all good things to fill.

But the goal should have been to keep the right side of the OL in tact at least IMO.

I don't necessarily disagree with you on this. I also like Oher. He does scare me, but you really can't help but pull for this kid. Let me ask you something: Andy Levitre is widely considered the best OG prospect in the draft. He played tackle in college. Do you think he can play RT in the NFL? I have seen limited play from him, so I don't currently have enough to go on. I will certainly be watching old film shortly though.

HHURRICANE
04-26-2009, 09:18 AM
Seriously.

Oh and no TE.

Sooooo....

we needed:
OT
DE
OLB
TE
OG

we got
a 1 down DE
OG
OG
CB

makes sense to me.

The Bills do something that makes no sense. They would rather upgrade a serviceable player instead of addressing a gapping hole.

I loved the first two picks but the CB, IMO, was stupid. We aren't getting burned in the secondary. We are getting owned at the line of scrimmage. Malauga was 4 picks ahead. Trade up and get him. If Ellison misses a coverage than it really doesn't matter how good Simpson or Whitner are because they are now officially tackling the guy down field that Ellsion missed.

Jan Reimers
04-26-2009, 09:38 AM
The negativism on this board makes me sick. Some of you can't even enjoy a first day draft that many experts rate as one of the very best in the NFL.

We don't need a free safety? We know already that Maybin won't be any good? Wood is a reach. Levitre is average, etc., etc. We all know it takes at least three years to evaluate a draft. But some of you toxically negative posters have consigned this draft to the s**t pile in one day.

That's absurd.

Prov401
04-26-2009, 09:44 AM
Then why did we sign Hangartner at all?

Who is playing T? What about TE? What about OLB? Should the #11 pick be someone who's too small to play the run?

I think the plan is to try to look smart, only to leave huge holes.

Oher was perfect at 11, and we passed on him for Maybin, who is TOO SMALL.

Here we go with the knock on Maybin's size. Ugh, 6'4 250. Keep in mind he weighed about 210lbs 2 years ago, which proves he hits the weight room often, he has great work ethic, and like I said... he is built like a Jason Taylor, who IMO has had a pretty goo NFL career.