PDA

View Full Version : Excellent investment into our OL

ddaryl
04-25-2009, 08:31 PM
:pirate:

I am surprised we went with 2 interior OL. Like everyone else I thought we grab a T. But the versatility of these 2 players is excellent. A G/C and a G/T... We got 2 very good OL who without a doubt make us a better overall offense.

With the players the Bills signed in FA for the OL and the 2 we just drafted we have our best OL from RT to LG in a long time, with solid depth to back all those positions up....

If Bell comes through as a LT or Walker / Chambers handle LT well we are in great shape on the OL IMO

We can debate the other picks some what, but grabbing 2 high quality guys for the OL who should be a big part of our OL for quite awhile is a great step toward breaking out of this playoff drought.

Philagape
04-25-2009, 08:32 PM
This is the only thing I'm happy about so far. If any area needs an overload, it's the O-line. Good to see the Bills considered it a huge priority

SABURZFAN
04-25-2009, 08:35 PM
i'm happy they addressed the OL. that's about the only thing good so far.

costanza
04-25-2009, 08:39 PM
you win in the trenches look at philly and NE, love the picks, there mean and tough not like dockery

Nighthawk
04-25-2009, 08:39 PM
The OL drafting has been good...the Byrd pick is just horrible.

Tatonka
04-25-2009, 08:42 PM
it cracks me up that people think that know better than the guys that do this for a living.. everyone and their brother, including me, thought everett brown was a sure fire 1st rounder.. most of us would have been absolutely fine with brown being our 11th overall pick.. so were did he get drafted? middle of the 2nd round.. i mean im just saying that maybe maybin is a much better pick? people are assuming the pick is bad.. but if we take orakpo, fans would have a totally different attitude.. im just saying none of us know half of what the team does.

same can be said for byrd.

Michael82
04-25-2009, 08:44 PM
My question is who moves over to OT? Levitre or Butler?

Michael82
04-25-2009, 08:44 PM
Here's our current starting OL in my mind....

Walker-Wood-Hangartner-Levitre-Butler

Bell, Chambers and McKinney are the primary backups

Mitchell55
04-25-2009, 08:45 PM

Butler. He was a very good T in college and is to big for G. 6-8, can anyone see over him?

Nighthawk
04-25-2009, 08:45 PM
it cracks me up that people think that know better than the guys that do this for a living.. everyone and their brother, including me, thought everett brown was a sure fire 1st rounder.. most of us would have been absolutely fine with brown being our 11th overall pick.. so were did he get drafted? middle of the 2nd round.. i mean im just saying that maybe maybin is a much better pick? people are assuming the pick is bad.. but if we take orakpo, fans would have a totally different attitude.. im just saying none of us know half of what the team does.

I'm pretty confident that any of us could do a better job of drafting then the current regime...just look at the success this team hasn't had.

Nighthawk
04-25-2009, 08:46 PM

I believe it has to be Butler who played there in college.

ddaryl
04-25-2009, 08:46 PM
Here's our current starting OT in my mind....

Walker-Wood-Hangertner-Levitre-Butler

Bell and Chambers are the primary backups

hopefully with Bell increasing playing time as the year goes on

Don't forget Seth McKinney

SABURZFAN
04-25-2009, 08:47 PM
Here's our current starting OT in my mind....

Walker-Wood-Hangertner-Levitre-Butler

Bell and Chambers are the primary backups

don't forget McKinney.

Michael82
04-25-2009, 08:48 PM
hopefully with Bell increasing playing time as the year goes on

Don't forget Seth McKinney
yup, I could see that. Butler could be the b/u next year....

Michael82
04-25-2009, 08:48 PM
don't forget McKinney.
:doh: Almost forgot that.

ddaryl
04-25-2009, 08:50 PM
:doh: Almost forgot that.

almost ??? ... c'mon admit it.. you forgot

Michael82
04-25-2009, 08:50 PM
almost ??? ... c'mon admit it.. you forgot
Yup. :ontome:

Night Train
04-25-2009, 08:54 PM
About freakin' time. Great job with Wood & Levietre. :bf1:

Tatonka
04-25-2009, 08:56 PM
I'm pretty confident that any of us could do a better job of drafting then the current regime...just look at the success this team hasn't had.

you need to look at every teams success rate.. the draft is not easy.

Night Train
04-25-2009, 08:56 PM

" ..but I bought a draft magazine ! " :rolleyes:

Nighthawk
04-25-2009, 08:58 PM
you need to look at every teams success rate.. the draft is not easy.

I hear ya, but this regime always f**ks up a pick or three....IMO, they may have done OK on 3 of 4 picks today. The other move (drafting Byrd) must have been made by a janitor while the FO was out on a bathroom break!

casdhf
04-25-2009, 09:01 PM
I think these two lineman were very safe picks.

SABURZFAN
04-25-2009, 09:05 PM
I think these two lineman were very safe picks.

i hope you're right. this regime needs for these two to be a staple for the OL. we've endured too many seasons where the OL has been ignored.

ddaryl
04-25-2009, 09:14 PM
everything about them says they are durable NFL flexible OL

like I said before it looks like RT - LG is set with depth

LT is still a little iffy... but we have Bell / Walker and Chambers. What;s nice is we don't appear to be weak in the middle which should benefit whomever is playing LT

ServoBillieves
04-25-2009, 09:20 PM
I admit to freaking out at the Byrd pick, but when it was put in to perspective, it made sense. It also means that Roscoe is gone... I believe I jinxed him by wearing his jersey today.

The O-Line picks were great, and the Maybin pick was fantastic.

So far, I agree with NFL.com, we got about a B- draft so far. I don't like the trading up, but if it's to get a guy like Levitre, then sure, I'll deal. If the FO is OK with the Derek combo and can get lucky with a TE falling in the 4th, and we can get Tony Fiammetta in the 5th or 6th, I will consider this draft a success.

casdhf
04-25-2009, 09:24 PM
Strong interior line is good for running up the middle and quick pass drops. That should be about 95% of our offense this year.

ddaryl
04-25-2009, 09:30 PM
Strong interior line is good for running up the middle and quick pass drops. That should be about 95% of our offense this year.

I don't think so but running up the middle is very improtant. TO/Evans/Reed will allow us to go deep more often then last year on top of our improved OL

not having the pocket collpase in the middle is equally important. Plus we have rock solid RT's, and we have a 3 way competition for LT Bell/Walker/Chambers

and we have good depth now too

ALL D
04-25-2009, 09:33 PM
Levitre is way too small to move over to T... Butler is the right choice for now...