PDA

View Full Version : CB/S Byrd Pick in 2nd

PISSCHUNK
04-25-2009, 09:29 PM
Pro Football Weekly Magazine has the guy as their #2 CB overall. He was solid value. Screw the timed speed.

They have Maybin as teir #3 DE.

Have Wood as their #2 C.

Have LeVitre as their #1 G.

This draft was solid. I bet a blocking TE such as the Bear Pascoe, John Phillips or Dan Gronkowski will be taken at some point tomorrow.

Look for OLB Jason Williams or Marcus Freeman.

DE Henry Melton.

Late

Mitchell55
04-25-2009, 09:30 PM
Yes, it has been a very good draft. Sheffler trade would make it great.

TheMan08
04-25-2009, 09:30 PM
i want JASON WILLIAMS DRAFTED!

BILLSROCK1212
04-25-2009, 09:31 PM
Pro Football Weekly Magazine has the guy as their #2 CB overall. He was solid value. Screw the timed speed.

They have Maybin as teir #3 DE.

Have Wood as their #2 C.

Have LeVitre as their #1 G.

This draft was solid. I bet a blocking TE such as the Bear Pascoe, John Phillips or Dan Gronkowski will be taken at some point tomorrow.

Look for OLB Jason Williams or Marcus Freeman.

DE Henry Melton.

Late
if we get a TE at all it shud be Scheffler....we have Fine who has potential as a receiving threat and can also block and we also have Schouman who is decent as well....i think we got LB tomorrow and then maybe a TE

PISSCHUNK
04-25-2009, 09:31 PM
I'm with you on that.

If they can pull that off for Scheffler, this would be awesome.

historypete
04-25-2009, 09:33 PM
My problem with the pick isn't due to his ability. I figured with the secondary depth we didn't have to draft that specific position until later. Knowing that he is going to play FS is a bit more reassuring I guess.

I just figured with that pick we should have gone TE, OL or LB. Hell, even Everett Brown was sitting there. I know we grabbed Maybin, but to have both that may have really improved the pass rush. I just thought it was a dumb position pick considering what was on the board. You can say we got Levitre, but it took moving up and giving up our 3rd and 4th, which could have been used on one of the top TE's left and a LB. I just thought it was poor strategy on their part. Hopefully Byrd will produce.

ServoBillieves
04-25-2009, 09:33 PM
Again, I freaked out a bit early on when we drafted Byrd, but when put in perspective it made sense. The FO has something in mind, and if the next 4 picks pan out and we have no glaring holes, I'll agree with what they've done so far.

Don't Panic
04-25-2009, 09:40 PM
I was pissed at first but didn't realize he can play FS. Looking at him now, he is an ideal fit for our system and should be able to start next to Whitner on day one (assuming Whitner is there on day on). I felt like we had more pressing needs at that point (TE, OLB), but if the guy fills a need, he fills a need. Let's just hope he lives up to 2nd round billing.

DrGraves
04-25-2009, 09:40 PM
I still don't like the Byrd pick... if you want a safety, DRAFT A SAFETY.

Although Whitner is a little girl so at the very least I hope this pick is making him freak out

feldspar
04-25-2009, 09:55 PM
I still don't like the Byrd pick

Me either. Doesn't make sense to me. What we need is men up front on the line. If we have any kind of a pass rush, that will make our secondary automatically that much better.

Besides that, I though Scott played pretty well last year. The secondary wasn't a thing I felt we had to address at all. I much rather would have liked to have taken Brown. Can't just totally bank on Maybin anyway. Hell, I would have rather have taken Andy Levitre when we picked Byrd and then taken Jared Cook in the third, hoping he was still available. He still is, but we have no chance of getting him unless we give up a whole hell of a lot to trade up. But the fact is that we were likely to be able to trade up to get Cook using the same pick we used to get Byrd. Bottom line, we would have gotten Cook instead of Byrd. Dunno, maybe we can work out a trade for Tony Scheffler still.

It can be summed up pretty nicely...drop Byrd and take Cook in the third. It even rhymes.

This is no way is a reflection of Byrd as a player. I've actually never even seen him play that I can remember...I'm just talking about the position he is playing. Looks like somebody is going to be out the door pretty soon.

chubluv
04-25-2009, 10:13 PM
I refuse to like this pick. We dont have a need for that pos. this early in the draft. There were so many other and better options at that point.

kid mickey
04-25-2009, 10:38 PM
Wonder how Whitner feels about this selection. Bills brass like him at FS.

psubills62
04-25-2009, 10:41 PM
I like this pick. We need playmakers who can change games by creating turnovers. Not only can this guy do that, but he could play S and CB. Versatility is the key.

I also think people severely underestimate our need at S. We have Whitner and Scott, two decent but average safeties. And behind that, even our little talent at the position drops off quite a bit. Simpson and Wilson are not exactly NFL starting talent.