X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • McBFLO
    • Mar 2003

Modrak on Maybin...

I noticed something in his comments about Maybin that I thought was interesting. He mentioned how Maybin "plays very very hard all the time", and also mentioned how he carries that over to practice.

Orakpo has been said at times to disappear for a few plays here and there. So, with both of them being on the board at the same time, and their choice was to take Maybin, work ethic seems to have been a deciding factor in their choice.
    Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

• Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Modrak on Maybin...

I heard that and agree. One of the biggest negatives about Orakpo and it's why he fell so far is his laziness. The Bills were worried about his work ethic, so they chose the guy who they feel is better at pass rushing and a hard worker. Makes sense.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Orapko is another U of T douche like Williams and Dockery. Not sure why people were all on his nuts.

Comment

• Don't Panic
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Dec 2005

I thought Orakpo measured up a little higher than Maybin, but I get their logic. We can not afford to miss at #11, and I think the odds of Maybin missing are pretty slim. Orakpo on the other hand...

Comment

• Dying_-2-_Live
          • Feb 2009

Orakpo I think has amazing potential... but is more of a risk
          "If you ain't first... You're last"

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

Well, I wanted Orakpo.
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Aug 2004

I think work ethic and consistency have been major issues for most, if not all teams, in this draft.

Oher, who was inconsistent and some reports said didn't always practice hard, dropped further than anyone thought he would.

Orakpo, with his reputation for taking plays off, dropped out of the top 5.

Michael Johnson, freakish athlete that he is, with his reputation for being inconsistent and disappearing for big stretches of games, hasn't even been taken yet.

I could go on, but I think you get the picture.

I think a lot of teams are very worried about spending a lot of money on players who may end up not working hard enough to live up to their promise or who will play hard only when they feel like it.
              Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

Working...
              X