PDA

View Full Version : Playmakers

psubills62
04-25-2009, 10:59 PM
I've said it many times, and I think that OBD is finally realizing it - we need playmakers on this team. We need guys who have a nose for the end zone, and a nose for the ball (turnovers).

We have enough of the guys who can have 100-tackle seasons, with maybe 0.5 sacks, 1 INT, etc. We have Poz, Ellison, McGee, Whitner, Bryan Scott, Chris Kelsay, etc. All these guys are "solid players," but none of them get a sack on a key third down, or force a fumble at a momentous turning point in a game, or pick off passes (OK, I guess McGee saved the Jets game for us last year, but it's not often) on an opponent's final drive.

With the only two non-OL picks, we got guys who, while they may not be popular picks, are PLAYMAKERS. We picked two guys with a nose for the ball and creating turnovers. Maybin needs work, but he is amazingly quick. Byrd is another DB, but one who is known for making INT's.

We also signed a playmaker on the offensive side, a guy known as Terrell Owens.

I think that while this isn't a good/great team yet, it's a good sign that they're finally getting playmakers on the team.