PDA

View Full Version : Clayton - Bills Could Get OT Levi Jones From Cinci

Night Train
04-26-2009, 06:46 AM
Clayton just said he's available after the Andre Smith selection and Buffalo should make a call, since he may come cheap.

Juts saw it on ESPN.

X-Era
04-26-2009, 06:49 AM
Clayton just said he's available after the Andre Smith selection and Buffalo should make a call, since he may come cheap.

Juts saw it on ESPN.

Hes not horrible. It would be a decent move.

If there were a way to keep Walker where he is and still add a starting LT I would feel much better.

schubbard
04-26-2009, 06:54 AM
When healthy, he's very, very good. He has missed a ton of time recently with injuries, though. It would depend on his knees...

LifetimeBillsFan
04-26-2009, 06:58 AM
I heard it also. Very interesting.

Especially since Russ Brandon, when asked about whether the Bills would do something to address the LT position during the Bills press conference on Saturday, smiled and said something to the effect that the draft was not over yet and they would still not be finished trying to improve the team after the draft.

Last week, Allen Watson of the Buffalo News indicated that there still was a chance that the Bills would acquire the "well-known" offensive lineman that he had previously said that the Bills would be getting back during the second or third week of free agency.

So, who knows. Maybe there is something in the works.

A Levi Jones might not be the long-term answer at LT because of his injury history, but having him would greatly improve the Bills offensive line and give Bell and the other kids (Wood, Levitre) time to develop.

Jones/Wood/Hangartner/Butler/Walker with Bell/Levitre/McKinney/Chambers as back-ups would be a pretty solid offensive line with plenty of upside and a nice future if the young players develop.

elltrain22
04-26-2009, 07:57 AM
By the time when we piece it all together, and line up week 1, we are all going to so excited about our new OL, and we'll all be collectively saying "Jason Who"

Canadian'eh!
04-26-2009, 07:57 AM
Even when healthy the last year or so they could not leave him in the lineup because he was just NOT good....

He was solid for some time, but between the injuries and whatever else is going on, his play has really fallen off the last year or 2.

But he might be worth a shot if he comes cheap enough.

ddaryl
04-26-2009, 08:03 AM
I think we're sticking with Bell Walker and Chambers this year

probably draft a project OT in the late rounds

cpearl
04-26-2009, 08:54 AM
I heard it also. Very interesting.

Especially since Russ Brandon, when asked about whether the Bills would do something to address the LT position during the Bills press conference on Saturday, smiled and said something to the effect that the draft was not over yet and they would still not be finished trying to improve the team after the draft.

Last week, Allen Watson of the Buffalo News indicated that there still was a chance that the Bills would acquire the "well-known" offensive lineman that he had previously said that the Bills would be getting back during the second or third week of free agency.

So, who knows. Maybe there is something in the works.

A Levi Jones might not be the long-term answer at LT because of his injury history, but having him would greatly improve the Bills offensive line and give Bell and the other kids (Wood, Levitre) time to develop.

Jones/Wood/Hangartner/Butler/Walker with Bell/Levitre/McKinney/Chambers as back-ups would be a pretty solid offensive line with plenty of upside and a nice future if the young players develop.

Who is Allen Watson? And is he related to Randy Watson of "Sexual Chocolate?"

Sexual Chocolate!

HHURRICANE
04-26-2009, 08:59 AM
We need to take a shot on this guy. If our OL caoching staff is so great that they should be able to convert Jones to a Por Bowler.

Midwesternbillsfan
04-26-2009, 09:01 AM
We need to take a shot on this guy. If our OL caoching staff is so great that they should be able to convert Jones to a Por Bowler.

He doesn't need to be "converted" to a Pro-Bowler; Jones has been one before, and was until he became plagued w/injuries. He needs to be "reverted" back to Pro Bowl form, and he has the talent and relative youthfulness to think it's not unimaginable.

TedMock
04-26-2009, 09:02 AM
Even when healthy the last year or so they could not leave him in the lineup because he was just NOT good....

He was solid for some time, but between the injuries and whatever else is going on, his play has really fallen off the last year or 2.

I agree, and his injuries only kmake him all the more of a huge chance. He used to be good, but not so much anymore. Unless it's very cheap I don't want him.

Tatonka
04-26-2009, 09:03 AM

the same can be said for jason peters.

ddaryl
04-26-2009, 09:27 AM
personally i don't think Levi is worth pursuing, unless he wants to sign real cheap with a buttload of incentives

he has major durability concerns that have hampered his game

Dude
04-26-2009, 10:48 AM
No more ex-Bengals, especially Levi Jones.

Please.