Where'd all the Everette Brown people go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackMetalNinja
    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
    • May 2005

Where'd all the Everette Brown people go?

Just curious since I was kind of getting killed on my mock for putting Maybin with the Bills (and for the record, I'm not huge on Maybin myself, but I was sure that was where the Bills were going). Now Brown slipped all the way to #43 and half this board wanted him at #11. I don't think he's a 4/3 DE anymore than Maybin is, he just doesn't have the strength. Brown is definitely better suited as a 3/4 LB, and Maybin likely is too for that matter.

But really, where'd all you all so vocal people enamored with Brown dissapear to so quickly?
  • SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: Where'd all the Everette Brown people go?

I still like the kid

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
      • Mar 2004

Me too....

I clearly over-estimated where he would go in the draft, as i thought he'd go top 15.

But I stand by him in terms of thinking he could be very good. He needs to add weight for sure, but has the frame to do so. But his first step and pass rush moves are very very good. Much more polish than anyone else in that regard.

If he can add 20lbs or so, i don't care he's 6'1. He'll be a very good 4-3 DE.

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

I'm right here and guess what??? Carolina thought so high of him that they traded a 1st rounder next year away for him...he'll be good.

P.S. - Should you be calling out people for disappearing...especially since you disappeared from the Sabres Zone the last month or so of the season after stating they would make it to the playoffs?

Comment

• hydro
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
          I'm right here and guess what??? Carolina thought so high of him that they traded a 1st rounder next year away for him...he'll be good.

P.S. - Should you be calling out people for disappearing...especially since you disappeared from the Sabres Zone the last month or so of the season after stating they would make it to the playoffs?
          You get so defensive when you are wrong. It's hilarious...
          BERNIAC!

Comment

• Nighthawk
            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by hydrosmak
            You get so defensive when you are wrong. It's hilarious...
            How am was a wrong??? Brown slipped...it happens, I still like him.

Of anybody calling people out, BMN should not be it. I laid out the reasons.

Comment

• Don't Panic
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Dec 2005

6'1". IMO, that is the only reason he slipped. Dude is and inch and a half taller and he goes 30 picks earlier. I watched a lot of tape on him. I was impressed. Time will tell if he get's it done in the NFL, but as was mentioned, the Panthers obviously felt he was worth a #1. Looks like he'll be Peppers replacement.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                • May 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk

I disappeared from everywhere on this board, and other than a few posts about the draft, I will continue to be gone for the most part, and since you don't have a clue as to what the reasoning for that is, I'll let you go along thinking you're right... as always.

As for the question at hand, I had Brown as a mid 1st rounder myself and was surprised to see him drop so far, but I just couldn't understand several people here who thought he was something spectacular. I don't see any of the DE/LB hybrids turning into anything amazing at the NFL level, the only way any of them will produce is as 3/4 OLBs in my opinion.

Comment

• colin
                  Drew's my hero!
                  • Jul 2002

i liked him, but i liked maybin more.

brown is good at the one thing, but has no where near the athletic ability and quicks that maybin does. he lacks range and length, and he's short and stiff.

he has a shot at being a good pass rusher of course, but i think maybin is better now and has a higher ceiling.

Comment

• X-Era
                    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
                    Me too....

I clearly over-estimated where he would go in the draft, as i thought he'd go top 15.

But I stand by him in terms of thinking he could be very good. He needs to add weight for sure, but has the frame to do so. But his first step and pass rush moves are very very good. Much more polish than anyone else in that regard.

If he can add 20lbs or so, i don't care he's 6'1. He'll be a very good 4-3 DE.
                    Ditto... hes still one of my favorite prospects in the draft. He just isnt a Bill.

I love the piece that Michael Smith did on Maybin. His personal story is just great.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                      • Dec 2003

I felt Brown was the 2nd best DE in the draft behind Orakpo and kept Maybin as a distant 3rd. As Maybin has some serious question marks. I mean I know everyone raves about his burst but let's not forget he had it when was playing at 230 lbs. I know he added some weight in the offseason and ran a 4.59 at his Pro Day but let's remember that at the combine his running wasn't that good so it sounds like between the combine and his pro day he enlisted the help of running a better forty so still have questions if he can play at this bigger size. I compared him to Erik Flowers earlier and just hope against hope he doesn't live up to it.

Comment

• Bling
                        • Jul 2004

Everette Brown will be a stud in the NFL. Thank God the Bills didn't draft him, just like they didn't draft Broderick Bunkley.

Comment

• yordad
                          • Dec 2007

I believe the Bills were ******ed to not take him in the second.
                          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

I'm still here, but as President of the Aaron Maybin Fan Club. Nothing shallow about me.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                              • May 2003

Shouldn't we wait until we see what these guys can do before we start sucking our own mock draft? What if the Bills and you are the crazy ones?

Comment

Working...
                              X