PDA

View Full Version : Where'd all the Everette Brown people go?

BlackMetalNinja
04-26-2009, 08:15 AM
Just curious since I was kind of getting killed on my mock for putting Maybin with the Bills (and for the record, I'm not huge on Maybin myself, but I was sure that was where the Bills were going). Now Brown slipped all the way to #43 and half this board wanted him at #11. I don't think he's a 4/3 DE anymore than Maybin is, he just doesn't have the strength. Brown is definitely better suited as a 3/4 LB, and Maybin likely is too for that matter.

But really, where'd all you all so vocal people enamored with Brown dissapear to so quickly?

SquishDaFish
04-26-2009, 08:17 AM
I still like the kid

Canadian'eh!
04-26-2009, 08:24 AM
Me too....

I clearly over-estimated where he would go in the draft, as i thought he'd go top 15.

But I stand by him in terms of thinking he could be very good. He needs to add weight for sure, but has the frame to do so. But his first step and pass rush moves are very very good. Much more polish than anyone else in that regard.

If he can add 20lbs or so, i don't care he's 6'1. He'll be a very good 4-3 DE.

Nighthawk
04-26-2009, 08:34 AM
I'm right here and guess what??? Carolina thought so high of him that they traded a 1st rounder next year away for him...he'll be good.

P.S. - Should you be calling out people for disappearing...especially since you disappeared from the Sabres Zone the last month or so of the season after stating they would make it to the playoffs?

hydro
04-26-2009, 08:38 AM
I'm right here and guess what??? Carolina thought so high of him that they traded a 1st rounder next year away for him...he'll be good.

P.S. - Should you be calling out people for disappearing...especially since you disappeared from the Sabres Zone the last month or so of the season after stating they would make it to the playoffs?

You get so defensive when you are wrong. It's hilarious...

Nighthawk
04-26-2009, 08:41 AM
You get so defensive when you are wrong. It's hilarious...

How am was a wrong??? Brown slipped...it happens, I still like him.

Of anybody calling people out, BMN should not be it. I laid out the reasons.

Don't Panic
04-26-2009, 08:55 AM
6'1". IMO, that is the only reason he slipped. Dude is and inch and a half taller and he goes 30 picks earlier. I watched a lot of tape on him. I was impressed. Time will tell if he get's it done in the NFL, but as was mentioned, the Panthers obviously felt he was worth a #1. Looks like he'll be Peppers replacement.

BlackMetalNinja
04-26-2009, 09:08 AM

P.S. - Should you be calling out people for disappearing...especially since you disappeared from the Sabres Zone the last month or so of the season after stating they would make it to the playoffs?I disappeared from everywhere on this board, and other than a few posts about the draft, I will continue to be gone for the most part, and since you don't have a clue as to what the reasoning for that is, I'll let you go along thinking you're right... as always.

As for the question at hand, I had Brown as a mid 1st rounder myself and was surprised to see him drop so far, but I just couldn't understand several people here who thought he was something spectacular. I don't see any of the DE/LB hybrids turning into anything amazing at the NFL level, the only way any of them will produce is as 3/4 OLBs in my opinion.

colin
04-26-2009, 01:07 PM
i liked him, but i liked maybin more.

brown is good at the one thing, but has no where near the athletic ability and quicks that maybin does. he lacks range and length, and he's short and stiff.

he has a shot at being a good pass rusher of course, but i think maybin is better now and has a higher ceiling.

X-Era
04-26-2009, 01:10 PM
Me too....

I clearly over-estimated where he would go in the draft, as i thought he'd go top 15.

But I stand by him in terms of thinking he could be very good. He needs to add weight for sure, but has the frame to do so. But his first step and pass rush moves are very very good. Much more polish than anyone else in that regard.

If he can add 20lbs or so, i don't care he's 6'1. He'll be a very good 4-3 DE.

Ditto... hes still one of my favorite prospects in the draft. He just isnt a Bill.

I love the piece that Michael Smith did on Maybin. His personal story is just great.

The Jokeman
04-26-2009, 01:13 PM
I felt Brown was the 2nd best DE in the draft behind Orakpo and kept Maybin as a distant 3rd. As Maybin has some serious question marks. I mean I know everyone raves about his burst but let's not forget he had it when was playing at 230 lbs. I know he added some weight in the offseason and ran a 4.59 at his Pro Day but let's remember that at the combine his running wasn't that good so it sounds like between the combine and his pro day he enlisted the help of running a better forty so still have questions if he can play at this bigger size. I compared him to Erik Flowers earlier and just hope against hope he doesn't live up to it.

Bling
04-26-2009, 01:35 PM
Everette Brown will be a stud in the NFL. Thank God the Bills didn't draft him, just like they didn't draft Broderick Bunkley.

yordad
04-28-2009, 10:07 AM
I believe the Bills were ******ed to not take him in the second.

Jan Reimers
04-28-2009, 10:09 AM
I'm still here, but as President of the Aaron Maybin Fan Club. Nothing shallow about me.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-28-2009, 01:49 PM
Shouldn't we wait until we see what these guys can do before we start sucking our own mock draft? What if the Bills and you are the crazy ones?

kid mickey
04-28-2009, 01:58 PM
I knew Brown was going in the second round. I listened to experts who were in the know. I was the first guy on here to say it and a lot of people bashed me. He is exactly what he is. He wasn't a first rounder, yet I do wish him the best of luck. I do however think he will outplay Orakpo. Orakpo has no heart and I don't know if he will be in the NFL long. Remember your Texas players.

Captain Obvious
04-28-2009, 02:05 PM
Everette Brown will be a stud in the NFL. Thank God the Bills didn't draft him, just like they didn't draft Broderick Bunkley.

Yes.. Just like you thought Lorenzo Booker would tear up the NFl

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-28-2009, 02:29 PM
I knew Brown was going in the second round. I listened to experts who were in the know. I was the first guy on here to say it and a lot of people bashed me. He is exactly what he is. He wasn't a first rounder, yet I do wish him the best of luck. I do however think he will outplay Orakpo. Orakpo has no heart and I don't know if he will be in the NFL long. Remember your Texas players.

You sound like you are amazing!!!!

hydro
04-28-2009, 02:32 PM

A DraftBoy clone in the making!

SeatownBillsFan21
04-28-2009, 03:03 PM
I was suprised he fell to the 2nd round i like him and think he will be a decent player for the panthers someday but I also like Maybin and thought he would be gone before picked.

kid mickey
04-28-2009, 03:04 PM

Why because I made a statement that ended up being true? Don't hate me because I knew something. Hate yourself for not knowing. I'm not trying to talk myself up. I just wasn't surprised at all. Ask kernoboy if he ever comes back here. He said I was stupid for thinking that Everette Brown wouldn't be a first round selection. I believe he was picked 43. I said people were stupid for for thinking we should go defense first. I was wrong. I manned up look at my sig. I know I am not an expert. I just pick up on tidbits of info and relay it back. I thought we should've got Oher. I like every pick we made, with the exception of Maybin. I am on the fence with him. I think he could be really good or he could bomb out. I think Orakpo is gonna bomb out for sure. Brown should have a solid career. His measurables didn't do him any favors though. He went in round two. That is what a lot of experts saw happening and that is what happened. I just so happened to think that it was true. It just so happened to happen. Don't hate. There is a whole lot of happening.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-28-2009, 03:23 PM
Why because I made a statement that ended up being true? Don't hate me because I knew something. Hate yourself for not knowing. I'm not trying to talk myself up. I just wasn't surprised at all. Ask kernoboy if he ever comes back here. He said I was stupid for thinking that Everette Brown wouldn't be a first round selection. I believe he was picked 43. I said people were stupid for for thinking we should go defense first. I was wrong. I manned up look at my sig. I know I am not an expert. I just pick up on tidbits of info and relay it back. I thought we should've got Oher. I like every pick we made, with the exception of Maybin. I am on the fence with him. I think he could be really good or he could bomb out. I think Orakpo is gonna bomb out for sure. Brown should have a solid career. His measurables didn't do him any favors though. He went in round two. That is what a lot of experts saw happening and that is what happened. I just so happened to think that it was true. It just so happened to happen. Don't hate. There is a whole lot of happening.

That is why you are a football god and I am nothing.

kid mickey
04-28-2009, 04:03 PM
W/E I'm not a god and your not a nothing. I just put in what I think and it could be wrong but I was right about Brown. Wrong about everything else, but right about that. Keep on hating on. Love it when people can't accept things. Makes them look like fools. Don't think I haven't been there, I have. Big difference is I accept when I am wrong and am happy when I'm right.

Bling
04-28-2009, 05:58 PM
Yes.. Just like you thought Lorenzo Booker would tear up the NFl

Chill. I thought he was going to have his role in the NFL.

Joe Fo Sho
04-28-2009, 06:24 PM
He is exactly what he is.

I strongly disagree

BlackMetalNinja
04-29-2009, 07:30 AM
Shouldn't we wait until we see what these guys can do before we start sucking our own mock draft? What if the Bills and you are the crazy ones?Obviously none of us know how any of these guys are truly going to pan out. My point was that I didn't see where Brown made himself stand out so far above Maybin in so many people's minds here. I mean, several people here acted like he was just leaps and bounds better than Maybin could ever be, which boggled my mind. As far as "sucking my own mock draft"... am I not allowed to be happy because I got that pick right? Every indication I saw said the Bills were going with Maybin there, and they did. I swear, so many people here take this board so damn seriously and can't stand to have their thoughts challenged by anybody. One of the multiple reasons I'm rarely ever here anymore.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-29-2009, 08:08 AM
Obviously none of us know how any of these guys are truly going to pan out. My point was that I didn't see where Brown made himself stand out so far above Maybin in so many people's minds here. I mean, several people here acted like he was just leaps and bounds better than Maybin could ever be, which boggled my mind. As far as "sucking my own mock draft"... am I not allowed to be happy because I got that pick right? Every indication I saw said the Bills were going with Maybin there, and they did. I swear, so many people here take this board so damn seriously and can't stand to have their thoughts challenged by anybody. One of the multiple reasons I'm rarely ever here anymore.

I don' t know whether to take you seriously or not now. It is always fun to see the guys that picked something right jumping up and down so people noticed they threw a dart and hit the right spot. By the way, does this fall under the category of pot calling the kettle or are you not taking this so seriously?

BlackMetalNinja
04-29-2009, 08:28 AM
I don' t know whether to take you seriously or not now. It is always fun to see the guys that picked something right jumping up and down so people noticed they threw a dart and hit the right spot. By the way, does this fall under the category of pot calling the kettle or are you not taking this so seriously?I rarely take much of anything seriously. I'm glad I got the pick right, I don't need the adulation of this board however to give my life meaning. The Brown thing itself was a serious question, I don't get why everybody thought he was leaps and bounds better personally, but people seem to enjoy hitching their wagon to one particular horse at draft time and then the team can be damned if they didn't pick that guy.

I was however serious about the state of this board and the fact that there are far too many know-it-alls who view all other opinions as crap and are quick to let everybody know it. I can only stand being beat over the head by the same ideas so many times before I choose to walk away.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-29-2009, 08:55 AM
I rarely take much of anything seriously. I'm glad I got the pick right, I don't need the adulation of this board however to give my life meaning. The Brown thing itself was a serious question, I don't get why everybody thought he was leaps and bounds better personally, but people seem to enjoy hitching their wagon to one particular horse at draft time and then the team can be damned if they didn't pick that guy.

I was however serious about the state of this board and the fact that there are far too many know-it-alls who view all other opinions as crap and are quick to let everybody know it. I can only stand being beat over the head by the same ideas so many times before I choose to walk away.

I agree there

SABURZFAN
04-29-2009, 09:00 AM
I rarely take much of anything seriously. I'm glad I got the pick right, I don't need the adulation of this board however to give my life meaning.

of course you don't. you can just start a thread, beat your chest that you were right, pat yourself on the back, and stroke your own ego in one shot. :rolleyes:

basenjiwarrior
04-29-2009, 10:52 AM
BlackMetalNinja:

First off your completely wrong about Everette Brown being an outside linebacker on the pro.
Brown specifically fell because the 3-4 teams which would project him to outside linebacker in their scheme didn't feel he could make the transition.
The Pats, Dolphins, Chiefs, Jets etc. spent much time scouting him, but the general consensus was, Brown is a defensive end NOT a linebacker.
Just because he fell in the draft doesn't make him a flawed player, he just doesn't fit the now, very much in-vogue 3-4 defenses.
Is something wrong with Shawn Nelson because he fell all the way to the 4rth round? My opinion is no. I expect both Brown and Nelson to outperform their draft positions.

kernowboy
04-29-2009, 12:34 PM
Kid Mickey, you also said it was an absolute guarantee and certainty that we would take Michael Oher at #11.

For the likes of English and Ayers to go ahead of Brown is still short of insane.

Lets just hope its not like the draft when Darren Howard was taken in the 2nd and ended up being the best of lot, whilst we drafted Erik Flowers based on one season and a combine.

kid mickey
04-29-2009, 12:45 PM
Yeah I did say that and admitted my wrongness. Wondered when you were coming back. Anything is possible. Maybin could bust pretty bad himself. I am on the fence with him. Didn't like Orakpo at all and thought Brown was the best myself, thing is like I said I knew he could've been had at 28. Didn't know he would fall all the way to 43. Thought he was a top of the second round guy.

kernowboy
04-29-2009, 12:51 PM
I think the failure to draft either Eben Britton or William Beatty will be a huge mistake.

Also Bryd continues to give us a very short secondary and ideally I'd have preferred a 6ft2+ FS like Sean Smith

kid mickey
04-29-2009, 12:56 PM
Ed Reed is only 5'11 he does ok. Polamalu is only 5'10 he does ok. Bob Sanders is 5'8 he does ok. There are a lot of safeties out there that are in the 5'9 to 6'0 range that do just fine.