PDA

View Full Version : Chris Mortensen

Coach Sal
04-26-2009, 08:33 AM
I normally don't make posts (especially threads) like this......but I had to becaue it was that obvious and strange to me.

I was almost uncomfortable watching Chris Mortensen in day one of the draft.

Did anyone else notice anything strange about him?

To me, he seemed almost sedated. His eyes were very squinty. I though they were closed a few times when he was talking. He was constantly fumbling over his words. He looked like he just rolled out of bed and sounded like it, too.

It was weird.

He was like this a lot more earlier in the day. His first few shots on camera were just plain awful and scary. By the end of the day he seemed a little more coherent. But still not normal.

Chris Berman's (who's been criticized for fumbling his words) job is tough because the draft is fluid and not scripted. Mort's isn't scripted, either. But he only has himself to worry about and 30-seconds to a minute to fill with an opinion that is (mostly) already ready to go after a pick or trade. He knows when he's on and what he's going to be asked.

All that being said, I hope he's not in bad health, but that was honestly what I kept thinking about when he was talking.

It was that odd. He was that bad.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Nighthawk
04-26-2009, 08:39 AM
The entire ESPN production was brutal yesterday.

Tatonka
04-26-2009, 08:49 AM
nfl network.

Don't Panic
04-26-2009, 08:52 AM
Yeah, I noticed it. I only saw him once, but he looked like he had just had a mini-stroke or something. I don't say that to be cruel, he actually showed signs of it. Didn't think much of it, but now after reading your post, I realize I'm not the only one who saw something. I wonder what is up...

SquishDaFish
04-26-2009, 08:55 AM
I watched NFLNetwork didnt really see him but once I think

colin
04-26-2009, 09:01 AM
he looks like he had an allergy attack and took anti histamines which will make you drowsy as hell.

cpearl
04-26-2009, 09:10 AM
the NFL network wasn't much better. Faulk was terrible. Gruden was entertaining though.

BlackMetalNinja
04-26-2009, 09:10 AM
I didn't really notice, but this was the first time I got to enjoy the NFL Network's draft coverage and I definitely found it superior to ESPN's.

bigbub2352
04-26-2009, 10:34 AM
he looked stoned i thought this was the worst coverage of tthe draft i have seen

Mr. Miyagi
04-26-2009, 11:00 AM
A little too much pre-draft party I'm sure.