PDA

View Full Version : Jauron just said

kid mickey
04-26-2009, 12:36 PM
Brad Butler can play tackle. Looks like he is gonna be moving out to RT.

deathadder
04-26-2009, 12:36 PM
He said he sees Wood as a guard and Levitre as the other guard... He also mentioned that Butler can play tackle..

so our OL will look like this

LT - Walker
LG - Levitre
C - Hangartner
RG - Wood
RT - Butler

I like it alot!!!

Mitchell55
04-26-2009, 12:37 PM
Thats a great OL

THATHURMANATOR
04-26-2009, 12:37 PM
Fine with me. That was his position in College anyways.

Our line is versatile, smart, and tough.

There will be position battles all over the place. No one will be given a job.

ddaryl
04-26-2009, 12:38 PM
He said he sees Wood as a guard and Levitre as the other guard... He also mentioned that Butler can play tackle..

so our OL will look like this

LT - Walker
LG - Levitre
C - Hangartner
RG - Wood
RT - Butler

I like it alot!!!

Me too

Bell gets playing time this year at both T spots

We have Chambers and McKinnie as added depth

our OL is looking solid, and solid for the foreseeable future

OpIv37
BAD idea. He's mediocre at guard so we're moving him to tackle? Yet another reason why this team never wins.

DMBcrew36
With the large assumption that the o-line comes out of training camp as such, I would be happy to see that there are no two rookies next to one another. The rookies would be surrounded by some NFL experience.

To tout it as a great o-line already, though, as one above me has, is way too soon.

kid mickey
No there won't be. I wonder how D. Bell is gonna fit into all of this.

gil
04-26-2009, 12:39 PM
Yeah, I saw that too - I don't know if I take what he said to mean that's a definite - I think there's going to position battles and I would imagine Bell and Chambers are going to be in the mix.

zone
04-26-2009, 12:40 PM
Walker,Wood,Hangartner,Levitre,Butler/Bell/Chambers

Looks good to me.

elltrain22
04-26-2009, 12:40 PM
Butler isn't going anywhere. I guarantee ya, we're gonna sign or trade for a veteran offensive tackle

realdealryan
04-26-2009, 12:41 PM
To tout it as a great o-line already, though, as one above me has, is way too soon.

Immediate contender! AFC EAST 2009 CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gil
BAD idea. He's mediocre at guard so we're moving him to tackle? Yet another reason why this team never wins.

I don't like Jauron and I'm not standing up for him, but for clarification's sake, he didn't say "we're moving Butler to tackle" he just said "he's someone who can play guard or tackle"

zone
Better than last year for sure...

Nighthawk
Butler is mediocre at Guard, so I see him as a better fit at his original position...Tackle.

HHURRICANE
04-26-2009, 12:42 PM

I hate this move as well but Butler was not mediocre. He was a very good RG. Very good.

It's obvious that the Bills line will be:

Walker-Levitre-Hangartner-Wood-Butler.

You have two rookies wedged between 3 starters.

That's your o-line people.

Chambers as backup on RT side and Bell as a backup on the LT side.

Nighthawk
04-26-2009, 12:42 PM
I don't like Walker at LT, but I'm encouraged with the talent acquired in this draft.

OpIv37
04-26-2009, 12:43 PM
I don't like Jauron and I'm not standing up for him, but for clarification's sake, he didn't say "we're moving Butler to tackle" he just said "he's someone who can play guard or tackle"

understood, but when we signed one interior OL and drafted two, then the coach says something like this, it pretty much means it's going to happen.

Mahdi
04-26-2009, 12:44 PM
Brad Butler can play tackle. Looks like he is gonna be moving out to RT.
I liked Butler at Guard but IMO he is too tall to be effective in the run game. Levitre and Wood are HUGE upgrades inside.

BillsWin
04-26-2009, 12:45 PM
hmmm... Butler is faster than Walker. I would feel better if he could play LT. But, Walker held his own last season... I've heard that Wood is a fantastic center, smart, tough and strong. I would love it if he would play center and Hangnarter moves to RG. Levitre is rated as the best pure OG in the draft. So he is set. I like him at LG. Depending on the rookies, I would love a line that looks like:
Butler Levitre Wood Hangnarter Walker.

Tatonka
04-26-2009, 12:46 PM
i am a bit concerned to be honest.. the middle of the line is great.. and butler at RT really doesnt bother me at all.. i think he can handle that for sure.. i guess my concern, like nighthawk, just comes down to how Walker does at LT.

he is a smart experienced player, so he should do ok. and it turns his contract from a bit high to a bit low for the position..haha.

X-Era
04-26-2009, 12:46 PM
hmmm... Butler is faster than Walker. I would feel better if he could play LT. But, Walker held his own last season... I've heard that Wood is a fantastic center, smart, tough and strong. I would love it if he would play center and Hangnarter moves to RG. Levitre is rated as the best pure OG in the draft. So he is set. I like him at LG. Depending on the rookies, I would love a line that looks like:
Butler Levitre Wood Hangnarter Walker.

I just hope they find the lineup quickly to get them time to jell.

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-26-2009, 12:47 PM
I HATE Walker at LT. Other than that I love it.

HHURRICANE
04-26-2009, 12:48 PM
The Line would be alot better with another vet coming in for LT.

Chambers backing up Butler will most likely work well.

Walker at LT is going to be a nightmare. Bell is going to be backing him over there. You will be wishing that you got in a bidding war with the Eagles to keep Peters after the 2009 season.

elltrain22
04-26-2009, 12:49 PM
Here's my prediction:

LT- Langston Walker
LG- Brad Butler
C- Geoff Hangartner
RG- Eric Wood
RT- Kirk Chambers or Free Agent

great depth also: Seth McKinney, Andy Levitre, Demetrius Bell,

ratso
04-26-2009, 12:50 PM
Remember you also have a nice 10 yr vet in McKinney to plug the holes.

Mahdi
04-26-2009, 12:56 PM
Is it possible that the Bills are looking to have Bell start at LT day one and phase Butler out of the starting lineup?

Only thing is that they signed Butler to a starting G contract last year.

THATHURMANATOR
04-26-2009, 12:59 PM
Butler isn't going anywhere. I guarantee ya, we're gonna sign or trade for a veteran offensive tackle
I would guarantee the exact opposite.

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-26-2009, 01:00 PM
I was wondering yesterday just how highly they thought of Bell. I am really anxious to see what he looks like in training camp.

Ebenezer
04-26-2009, 01:01 PM
What happens to all you guys when Bell barely plays this year?

Mahdi
04-26-2009, 01:09 PM
What happens to all you guys when Bell barely plays this year?
I'll still be around.