• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Shawn Nelson and some random thoughts

Love the pick. Just saw some highlights. Combine was great. Can go over the top and make some difficult catches in traffic. ran a 4.52. he is 6'5''.

I love the pick I can't wait to see how he improves our offense.

You really need to sit down and think about it, but this draft made us better on offense by a good margin.

With a WR corp of T.O, Evans, Reed, Johnson and Hardy.

One of the best RB trios I have ever seen in Lynch, Jackson and Rhodes.

A QB who is somewhat competent.

A new flashy TE with some great athletic ability.

An O-line that looks pretty solid on paper, Id love to see it look something like this: Butler, Levitre, Wood, Hangnarter and Walker... Levitre is the best guard in the draft and was worth a 2nd swapped for our third and one of our fourths.

There really is no excuse of having a lack of weapons now. Trent has, as John Gruden says, "The best WR corps in the league" and 3 serviceable and talented RBs and a TE.

The defense may have improved too, It all hangs on Maybin. If he provides a pass rush, we are better. Alot better with Schobel back

If Bryd contributes at FS, we have a ball hawk in the backfield. He's growing on me.

This is a solid draft thus far. Even the Nic Harris pick provides depth at OLB.

We are a better team for it.

I think Shawn Nelson will be a fan favorite of this year's draft. Although the Wood pick intrigues me. He could be the center for our offense for years to come. I don't like the fact that they want him at guard...

At first glance,MY OPINION was that this draft was a failure. But I let the picks sink in and thought about it, and I see that it was very successful.

The offense really has no excuse but to perform and our defense has a chance to be very good with Schobel back and Maybin on 3rd downs.

I like it. There are some things I would have done differently, but I am satisfied with the direction we took.
    Last edited by BillsWin; 04-26-2009, 03:40 PM.
    I am The Batman.
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: Shawn Nelson and some random thoughts

Umm, I never thought this draft was failure...just didn't agree with the pick of Byrd. Who knows...maybe he'll prove to be worth the pick.

Comment

• EDS
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by BillsWin
      Love the pick. Just saw some highlights. Combine was great. Can go over the top and make some difficult catches in traffic. ran a 4.52. he is 6'5''.

I love the pick I can't wait to see how he improves our offense.

You really need to sit down and think about it, but this draft made us better on offense by a good margin.

With a WR corp of T.O, Evans, Reed, Johnson and Hardy.

One of the best RB trios I have ever seen in Lynch, Jackson and Rhodes.

A QB who is somewhat competent.

A new flashy TE with some great athletic ability.

An O-line that looks pretty solid on paper, Id love to see it look something like this: Butler, Levitre, Wood, Hangnarter and Walker... Levitre is the best guard in the draft and was worth a 2nd swapped for our third and one of our fourths.

There really is no excuse of having a lack of weapons now. Trent has, as John Gruden says, "The best WR corps in the league" and 3 serviceable and talented RBs and a TE.

The defense may have improved too, It all hangs on Maybin. If he provides a pass rush, we are better. Alot better with Schobel back

If Bryd contributes at FS, we have a ball hawk in the backfield. He's growing on me.

This is a solid draft thus far. Even the Nic Harris pick provides depth at OLB.

We are a better team for it.

I think Shawn Nelson will be a fan favorite of this year's draft. Although the Wood pick intrigues me. He could be the center for our offense for years to come. I don't like the fact that they want him at guard...

At first glance, this draft was a failure. But I let the picks sink in and thought about it, and it was very successful.

The offense really has no excuse but to perform and our defense has a chance to be very good with Schobel back and Maybin on 3rd downs.

I like it. There are some things I would have done differently, but I am satisfied with the direction we took.
      Always interests me to hear people change their minds so quickly. Makes me think you haven't thought things through beforehand.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
        The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
        • Feb 2005

How can it go from failure to success just by thinking about it? A draft is just a draft.. success or failure will be determined years from now not today.

its only entertainment at this point.. sort of waiting for them to call your lottery number to see if you won....

only a few players in this entire draft are going to make any real difference in the leage.

we got solid players... but so did every other team.

we still got crap for coaching
        In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• DrGraves
          • Mar 2008

Line is much improved and has potential, RB's WR's are great, Nelson can be good..

I honestly think our weakest point on offense is Trent...

Comment

• BillsWin
            man amongst boys
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Nighthawk
            Umm, I never thought this draft was failure...just didn't agree with the pick of Byrd. Who knows...maybe he'll prove to be worth the pick.
            I did. I thought that we should have taken three different players with our top three picks, but I changed my initial prejudices.
            I am The Batman.

Comment

• Crisis
              • Aug 2004

i like the draft, i'm just a little concerned that nearly everyone we picked is going to be playing out of their natural (college) position
              Originally posted by LOSman WINS
              Vanek is Austrian not European
              Originally posted by Prov401
              Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
              Originally posted by better days
              I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• BillsWin
                man amongst boys
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by EDS
                Always interests me to hear people change their minds so quickly. Makes me think you haven't thought things through beforehand.
                I've always been excitable, but i dont think I have said much negative about the draft in any other thread unlike some people.
                I am The Batman.

Comment

• BillsWin
                  man amongst boys
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by DrGraves
                  Line is much improved and has potential, RB's WR's are great, Nelson can be good..

I honestly think our weakest point on offense is Trent...
                  The year is really in the hands of trent and the coaches.
                  I am The Batman.

Comment

• BillsWin
                    man amongst boys
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by keithtr
                    How can it go from failure to success just by thinking about it? A draft is just a draft.. success or failure will be determined years from now not today.

its only entertainment at this point.. sort of waiting for them to call your lottery number to see if you won....

only a few players in this entire draft are going to make any real difference in the leage.

we got solid players... but so did every other team.

we still got crap for coaching
                    My opinion went from failure to success. You're right. it is a wait and see thing.
                    I am The Batman.

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

Seemed like there was a boatload of these pass catching TE's in this draft and this guy has some wheels to go with his height.

He could be anything but it shows we didn't need to reach early for a TE, when Lineman were a far higher priority.

Even getting a higher rated Byrd to play Safety was a better move than TE.

The rest of these picks from Rounds 5-7 are all longshots, as expected.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Nighthawk
                        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                        • Jul 2002

This is the guy I was hoping the Bills would pick coming in to this draft...never thought he'd be there where we ended up taking him. Very excited to see what he brings to the offense.

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

It's impossible to say how the line will do. Two rookies who may start right away ... A C becoming a full-time starter for the first time ... Walker potentially moving ... Butler potentially moving ... a wild-card project in Bell .....
                          Just because some people here can type a hypothetical lineup doesn't mean the line is solved. They have to actually play pretty well, too.
                          Just as it's way too early to condemn the season, it's also way to early to celebrate it.
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• casdhf
                            • Jul 2002

I think that the inside of our OL is going to be solid for years. Quick passes, and running up the gut. Who needs tackles?
                            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• BillsWin
                              man amongst boys
                              • Oct 2008

Here is what Chris Brown thinks of Nelson and I think he is right...

Nelson might be best pick so far

By Chris Brown - Posted April 26th, 2009
                              What a fantastic value the Bills got in Shawn Nelson in round 4. In terms of talent and value this might be Buffalo’s best pick so far this weekend.
                              The guy ran a 4.52 and is a pretty polished route runner, so I anticipate him contributing in the passing game right away. Trent is going to love throwing to this guy.
                              This guy is a difference maker in the passing game, and the kind of player that answers Ralph Wilson’s request for more talent. Nelson is talent personified.

Tags: Shawn Nelson
                              I am The Batman.

Comment

Working...
                              X