PDA

View Full Version : Good draft, but the key to the off-season is LT

EDS
04-26-2009, 03:38 PM
I like the draft overall, particularly the selection of Maybin and the focus on the offensive line.

The one real risk I think the Bills have taken is with left tackle. If Chambers, Bell or whomever can't lock down that position then the Bills will be looking for Peters replacement next off-season. Time will tell but the front office has made its bed for 2009/10.

colin
04-26-2009, 03:46 PM
i wouldn't say key to the season, but yeah it is a big question mark.

imo if we get some kind of play at lt (and i don't think it would be that hard to get what we got last year as peters was very inconsistent) they this is a playoff year.

Nighthawk
04-26-2009, 03:48 PM
I'd really prefer that Walker stay at RT and then try to find somebody for the LT spot. I hate creating more question marks on the OL.

SquishDaFish
04-26-2009, 03:48 PM
Its going to be Walker which Im fine with

Nighthawk
04-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Its going to be Walker which Im fine with

You shouldn't be...over the long haul of a season, I don't think you will like what you see.

ServoBillieves
04-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Walker did well there, Chambers helped us to 4-0 there, and Bell is promising there.

I'm not too worried.

SquishDaFish
04-26-2009, 03:50 PM
Im not worried also

realdealryan
04-26-2009, 03:53 PM
"Whomever" is named Langston Walker. He'll cover the left side with Schouman/Fine/Nelson chipping until we develop Bell (?) or draft next year.

Is there a possibility that there is someone out there who the Bills were content to look at after the draft? I doubt it.

Kwame Harris? Jonas Jennings?

LifetimeBillsFan
04-26-2009, 04:10 PM
I like the draft overall, particularly the selection of Maybin and the focus on the offensive line.

The one real risk I think the Bills have taken is with left tackle. If Chambers, Bell or whomever can't lock down that position then the Bills will be looking for Peters replacement next off-season. Time will tell but the front office has made its bed for 2009/10.

I agree that LT is the key. I also love the Nelson pick.

The Bills have a tough schedule, so the kids are going to have to mature and develop fast.

Lefty2985
04-26-2009, 04:16 PM
i am not concerned. they must really like bell as do i. i love there draft to this point.

Mad Bomber
04-26-2009, 04:20 PM
Walker did fine at LT last year. He actually is my favorite offseason pickup from last year.

Will the Bills move Butler back to RT? That's where he played in college. We have some potential at interior line after our draft. Or do the Bills think that Demetrius Bell can step into the RT position? The kid has potential and athletic abitlity, but he is just plain RAW.

Overall, I don't feel too bad about our OL this year - I know that there are those out there who will disagree with me - feel free to neg me into oblivion (that would take a LOT).

I agree with you, EDS, this has been a pretty solid draft overall.

I have been saying it since January...NIX!!!!

jbisset
04-26-2009, 04:20 PM
I like the draft overall also. I think the Bills did a very good job. I wanted a TE earlier but love getting Nelson with such a low pick. I agree with EDS regarding TL. I am also hoping someone cuts a LB or RB that can help us after the draft.

Nice job. We now need the players selected to show us we made the right selection.

Night Train
04-26-2009, 04:26 PM
No.

The key is Jauron have an out of skeletor experience and winning more games than he loses.

Otherwise, the Bobby April era begins.

Mad Bomber
04-26-2009, 04:40 PM
You shouldn't be...over the long haul of a season, I don't think you will like what you see.
I like you Nighthawk, but what is your problem with this? He did a GREAT job last year...

Buddo
04-26-2009, 05:36 PM
The worry with Walker, is quite simply the edge speed rushers. They won't get by him all the time, but they might get by him a fair bit. Hopefully, with a shored up interior, there will only be one way round, and if that is the case, his job could become a lot easier, especially if we leave a TE in to chip as well.
The thing I like about the interior of our line now, is that it has some 'nasty' about it. There is no point being in the trenches, if you aren't prepared to get your hands dirty. ;)
We might actually now be able to use the run, to set up the passing game.

kid mickey
04-26-2009, 05:54 PM
I think you might be able to throw Bell right into the fire and maybe he doesn't do as bad as Peters did last year. Maybe he does. I am not sure, but Walker could be a surprise cut. They drafted two guards. One of them is gonna play left one right. I see Butler going outside to RT. Bell could just be thrown into the fire at LT and then all of a sudden the Bills got one seriously young and inexperienced line. Could they succeed? Well you gotta have experience. The only way you get that is by playing the game. They must really believe in Bell. Bell Levitre Hangartner Wood Butler for 2009.