PDA

View Full Version : WE DID NOT NEED TO DRAFT AN OT PEOPLE

THATHURMANATOR
04-26-2009, 05:14 PM
How is this not realized? Walker to LT is a given. Battle between Chambers, Bell and possibly Butler at RT. The interior of the line was the major problem.

I understand people being nervous about Walker, Chambers, Bell (I am a bit as well) but it was obvious after passing on OT in the first they were going this direction.

Dujek
04-26-2009, 05:20 PM
I accept that. There's also the fact that Levitre has played T before, and could do it again if he works on his technique.

I'm happy with the OL picks made.

THATHURMANATOR
04-26-2009, 05:22 PM
I accept that. There's also the fact that Levitre has played T before, and could do it again if he works on his technique.

I'm happy with the OL picks made.
There you go. Our line is not filled with smart versatile players that can play multiple positions.

Philagape
04-26-2009, 05:24 PM
Just because the Bills have plan doesn't mean it's not a need. The plan has to work.

THATHURMANATOR
04-26-2009, 05:25 PM
Just because the Bills have plan doesn't mean it's not a need. The plan has to work.
Very true I am not guaranteeing anything but am fine with this direction.

Dujek
04-26-2009, 05:25 PM
I think I like our line for next year. I honestly think Walker will be solid at LT, and Chambers did OK when he was in last year, so if any of the other guys beat him out then we should be confident they'll do OK.

realdealryan
04-26-2009, 05:28 PM
I was thinking that Cadogan couldn't have hurt with the last pick. Something must be up with him.

Night Train
04-26-2009, 05:28 PM
After Eugene Monroe was picked at #8, the LT pool took a huge drop & that included Michael Oher. Bills had OT's on the roster and had to figure out a plan.

The interior of the line didn't just need talent, they needed actual bodies. We purged away all the mess in Dockery,Fowler,Preston & Whittle. They just couldn't play and offered no upside. This was a crying need.

The interior was addressed with a couple of promising players.

Yasgur's Farm
04-26-2009, 05:48 PM
We purged away all the mess in Dockery,Fowler,Preston & Whittle.What a huge upgrade to the interior... Hangartner, McKinney, Wood and Levitre. I'm extremely happy!!

Yasgur's Farm
04-26-2009, 05:50 PM
BTW... I gotta point out that I called Nelson in the 4th. It's abot the only thing I got correct in my mock... See siggy.

Don't Panic
04-26-2009, 06:13 PM
Bell, Chambers or Butler may very well work out in the end, but as of right now, we only have one proven tackle. I don't think it would have hurt to bring in another, but I agree that we shored up the interior, which needing a lot of work. I just think its bold to say we don't need anyone else.

DynaPaul
04-26-2009, 07:38 PM
We totally needed those OL picks. While our line for next year might seem good on paper we need depth for the line and those rookies might actually play better than the vets we have. I'm not complaining about drafting for depth on either line.

HHURRICANE
04-26-2009, 07:52 PM
Two rookies as starters on the o-line. Poor Trent.

If we don't pick up a veteran OT it's going to be a long season.

McBFLO
04-26-2009, 08:18 PM
After Eugene Monroe was picked at #8, the LT pool took a huge drop & that included Michael Oher. Bills had OT's on the roster and had to figure out a plan.

The interior of the line didn't just need talent, they needed actual bodies. We purged away all the mess in Dockery,Fowler,Preston & Whittle. They just couldn't play and offered no upside. This was a crying need.

The interior was addressed with a couple of promising players.
These new guys will hopefully be the answer to the O's 3-4 problems too. The defenses in our division are really strong right in the middle, so I think they made the right call by making that the top priority of the line.

Mr. Miyagi
04-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Somebody explain to me why we need 15 ****ing DBs.

HHURRICANE
04-26-2009, 08:29 PM
Somebody explain to me why we need 15 ****ing DBs.

Wilson said "get a bunch of DBs that I don't have to pay alot of money for". He meant douche bags but Brandon thought he meant defensive backs.

Philagape
11-22-2009, 09:09 AM
Oh, this one's a gem. Priceless.

ServoBillieves
11-22-2009, 09:24 AM

Technically if we kept Langston...

kernowboy
11-22-2009, 10:05 AM
LOL err yes we most definitely do

Ground Chuck
11-22-2009, 10:13 AM
They way things are playing out, I think a stud LB is the greatest need.

SABURZFAN
11-22-2009, 10:51 AM

Miyagi got his answer.