PDA

View Full Version : This will be the draft that builds this team...

acehole
04-26-2009, 07:03 PM
I can't remember a more perfect draft.

The db in the seventh will take the nickle corner spot from greer.
The "Saftey" will push for the OLB spot. The center will be a gaurd...
the guard can play tackle and I want to ask you all a serious question...

If you knew the bills did not draft an OT and they had a big hole at OT and you are a FA or UDFA hoping to make a squad....where would you sign? As I said over and over walker will play LT and we will have a starting RT by camp...this system does not need to hold blocks like detroits...we do need guards and we got the best.

I dont think it is over UDFA...june first cuts...possible practice squad pick offs...

What strikes me most about this draft is we focused on "Football" players not body builders with good numbers at the combine..

A draft we will be talking about for a while...

I would have liked that german LT...but that gives me another reason to hate the pats...

SquishDaFish
04-26-2009, 07:10 PM
I agree

seanbillsfan
04-26-2009, 07:15 PM
I can't remember a more perfect draft.

The db in the seventh will take the nickle corner spot from greer.
The "Saftey" will push for the OLB spot. The center will be a gaurd...
the guard can play tackle and I want to ask you all a serious question...

If you knew the bills did not draft an OT and they had a big hole at OT and you are a FA or UDFA hoping to make a squad....where would you sign? As I said over and over walker will play LT and we will have a starting RT by camp...this system does not need to hold blocks like detroits...we do need guards and we got the best.

I dont think it is over UDFA...june first cuts...possible practice squad pick offs...

What strikes me most about this draft is we focused on "Football" players not body builders with good numbers at the combine..

A draft we will be talking about for a while...

I would have liked that german LT...but that gives me another reason to hate the pats...
All in all, i am happy with this draft. I just wish we didnt draft so many dbs

acehole
04-27-2009, 06:53 AM
All in all, i am happy with this draft. I just wish we didnt draft so many dbs

When you are in a div with R Moss you have to have somthing...

The cover 2 requires it...as well.

Jan Reimers
04-27-2009, 07:10 AM
I think the line will be: Walker-Wood-Hangartner-Levitre-Butler. People forget that Butler was a good RT at UVA and was drafted to play tackle.

Yasgur's Farm
04-27-2009, 07:14 AM
Give me OLB Leroy Hill and I'm thinking deep playoffs.

acehole
04-27-2009, 07:18 AM
Give me OLB Leroy Hill and I'm thinking deep playoffs.

Who is he?

Yasgur's Farm
04-27-2009, 07:29 AM
Who is he?http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=8512
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/seahawks/2009-04-26-hill-tag_N.htm

kid mickey
04-27-2009, 07:52 AM
Who is he?

Marshawn's weed man!!!

justasportsfan
04-27-2009, 07:53 AM
I actually kinda like this draft. We didn't go for hyped up players but instead went with players who are supposedly FOOTBALL guys. It really seems that Modrak has his handprints all over this one unlike past drafts.

madness
04-27-2009, 08:08 AM
I think the line will be: Walker-Wood-Hangartner-Levitre-Butler. People forget that Butler was a good RT at UVA and was drafted to play tackle.

I'm thinking the same. Butler even practiced at RT until the decision came to move him to RG just to get him on the field. Walker has the measurables to play LT and is very agile for his size. He also proved he can play while filling in for Peters last year. If Walker can show he has the stuff to lock up the left side, look for the Bills to reward him with a restructured contract late in the year. Walker showed he was a team player last year, quite the opposite of Peters, and went above and beyond the call when needed.

acehole
04-27-2009, 08:10 AM
Marshawn's weed man!!!

Good thing about Mabin..he will be eased in and used sparingly on both the right and left side...that scout acctually said..give him some food? HE will be even better if we can sign one more one gapper for next to Stroud. Greenbay migh have a guy as they are switching to the 3-4..or Hendersen....

Michael82
04-27-2009, 10:05 AM
I actually kinda like this draft. We didn't go for hyped up players but instead went with players who are supposedly FOOTBALL guys. It really seems that Modrak has his handprints all over this one unlike past drafts.
Maybe not Modrak. I think that Buddy Nix is already paying off for the Bills. He definitely helped in the draft this year.

Tatonka
04-27-2009, 10:18 AM
Buddy Nix

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/public/news_images/4/66871_154857_3.jpg

madness
04-27-2009, 10:33 AM
Maybe not Modrak. I think that Buddy Nix is already paying off for the Bills. He definitely helped in the draft this year.

:homer:

It may matter in 2 or 3 years. It doesn't matter now.

Buddy Nix can't make the guys we have more talented and he can't find 5 starters in one draft.

Getting excited about the Bills hiring Buddy Nix is just a cop out for the homers who don't want to face the reality of how bad the situation is for this team.

justasportsfan
04-27-2009, 10:34 AM

Modrak was very hands on this time. I'm sure he took Nix's notes but I'm almost sure Modrak ran the draft.