PDA

View Full Version : Clayton says we made Denney available too

X-Era
04-26-2009, 07:16 PM
"The Bills made defensive linemen Ryan Denney (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=3589) and Chris Kelsay (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=4506) and safety Ko Simpson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9691) available."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=4102721

Interesting

Novacane
04-26-2009, 07:25 PM
And no team wanted them. I bet Denny and Simpson won't even make the team this season.

TacklingDummy
04-26-2009, 07:47 PM
Cut all 3, I'd rather sign some scrub who might have potential rather than a scrub we already know that doesn't.

psubills62
04-26-2009, 08:01 PM
They probably would have drafted an LDE or two if they had managed to trade both.

Don't Panic
04-26-2009, 08:05 PM
We can't cut both Kelsay and Denney, but one has to go. I'll let OBD make that call. I could care less whether Simpson stays or goes.

Al the Bills Fan
04-26-2009, 08:06 PM
Denney and Kelsey need to go!!! I was pulling for Ko but it is clear that he is not the same player after being injured. Nice to see the Bills addressing the "dead weight" on the team.

patmoran2006
04-26-2009, 08:10 PM
Denney is a quality backup with a reasonable salary figure, and no long term committment (last year of his deal)

They aren't cutting him.

HHURRICANE
04-26-2009, 08:11 PM
Denney and Kelsey need to go!!! I was pulling for Ko but it is clear that he is not the same player after being injured. Nice to see the Bills addressing the "dead weight" on the team.

Kelsay and Schobel need to go. Denney is a backup and plays better than the starters.

ct bills fan
04-26-2009, 08:59 PM
Denney had his best season last year, actually played well. Please don't clump him with Kelsay and Simpson, who both are useless.

Al the Bills Fan
04-26-2009, 09:04 PM
Denney had his best season last year, actually played well. Please don't clump him with Kelsay and Simpson, who both are useless.

I guess we view Denney differently. Yes he had a decent year last year but come on, it still wasn't good enough. Out of the three, I do like Denney more then Kelsey so if one of the two has to go I would pick Kelsey. still, he is not a great player by any means

TigerJ
04-26-2009, 09:16 PM
Simpson is almost certainly a goner from the Bills. I assume between Denney and Kelsay the Bills will dump one and keep the other. The fact they were sh0opping both of them suggests the Bills don't have real strong feelings that one is a lot better than the other. If they could have gotten takers for both of them, It's possible they would have traded both and drafted a LDE. In any case, I think the one who remains on the Bills has just gotten notice he'd better work his butt off to be more productive, or he's got no more than one more season.

I did notice that even though Maybin is lighter, and we will naturally thnk of him as a speed rusher from the right, he did play on the left quite a bit at Penn State as the Nittany Lions flip flopped their ends quite a bit. I think the Bills and Maybin both expect and hope that he's going to continue to get bigger. The bottom line is I think the Bills are at least going to try rotating him in at LDE at least some of the time.

kid mickey
04-26-2009, 09:41 PM
Honestly I think the Bills are plugging Maybin in at LE. The figure his quick step is really gonna make RT's squirm. Schobel is the RE and he will play out his contract, but Kelsay is a prime cut guy. Denney will finish his contract here as well. Simpson is gone. He hasn't done anything spectacular. Walker could be a surprise cut depending on where they think Bell is at. Drayton Florence looks to be safe for now. The Bills did bring in a few DB's so who knows. I think Youboty is safe and so is Corner.

raphael120
04-26-2009, 11:16 PM
What about Chris Ellis? I really want to know what this guys deal is. We draft him in the 3rd, and no one knows a damn thing about him this year. He did nothing last year...you'd think when you draft someone that high, youd hope he contributes something.

Bert102176
04-27-2009, 01:45 AM
just shows no other teams wanted them cause they didn't get moved anywhere, goes to figure were stuck with them Kelsey needs to be kicked to the curb asap and we do have Ellis still who knows what he can really do wasn't he hurt last year so Denney could be expendable too, and Ko well he hasn't shown crap but I would make him camp fodder look at youboty just finally started to come around before the season ending injury, am not saying Ko will but he has no trade value so what harm is it to keep him around till atlease the cut down days