PDA

View Full Version : Levi Jones to BLO???

SeatownBillsFan21
04-26-2009, 07:46 PM
Not sure its been posted ..Your thoughts please.

The Buffalo Bills didn't address their need for a tackle after trading left tackle Jason Peters to Philadelphia. This makes you wonder whether the Bills are waiting for the Cincinnati Bengals to cut left tackle Levi Jones. The Bengals will trade or cut Jones because they selected Andre Smith in the first round. Meanwhile, the Bills picked Eric Wood in the first round. Buffalo plans to play him at guard but could use him at center because it drafted guard Andy Levitre in the second round. Jones could offer an option at left tackle that might allow Langston Walker to move back to right tackle. Jones remains on the Bengals' roster, but not for long.

Oaf
04-26-2009, 07:50 PM
Why take someone else's trash? There is a reason the Bengals were so willing to spend a 6th overall to find a solution at LT. It's not like they had a great line before anyways.

We're fine with our tackles.

kid mickey
04-26-2009, 08:02 PM
The Bills passed on the OT's because they believe in what Demetrius Bell can do. I didn't and thought the major need was OT. Obviously I was wrong. When the Bills drafted two guys for guard positions I realized that Butler could possibly be pushed out to RT and that Langston Walker might get the first look at LT, but Demetrius Bell is definitely garnering consideration. Butler because of his size is to big really to play RG. He did an admirable job in doing so, but I think he should be at RT. Bell because he is so athletic should be competing for that LT spot. Walker might be on the outs.

HHURRICANE
04-26-2009, 08:08 PM
The Bills passed on the OT's because they believe in what Demetrius Bell can do.

The Bills passed on LT because it was a "no win" plain and simple. They don't look cheap and after the wind dies down next year they'll have you all believing that it was Peter's fault the that left side sucked.

No way they were going to risk the scrutiny.

kid mickey
04-26-2009, 08:27 PM
The Bills passed on LT because it was a "no win" plain and simple. They don't look cheap and after the wind dies down next year they'll have you all believing that it was Peter's fault the that left side sucked.

No way they were going to risk the scrutiny.

Hello there MR. PESSIMIST, somebody must s h i t in your cereal every morning. I'd rather take the wait and see approach. Bills could be ready to compete this year. Maybe they go 10-6, maybe they go 4-12 its way to early to tell. I like what they did for the most part, Maybin is my biggest concern. I hope he is beast, just don't know whether he will be. Every other guy looks like smart drafting.

Plus looking at it from a different angle, Butler could go out and play RT now. Bell is a dark horse. He is certainly stronger. Is he ready to play LT? It is possible. He got stronger and Modrak did say don't be surprised to see him on the field this year.

My problem was thinking he was gonna do it at RT. I don't think so any more. I think with the way this draft is shaping up, they made sure they got Wood, they made sure they got Levitre so those guys are gonna be on the field day 1 in my opinion. Levitre looks to be the LG, because he's the technician. Wood the stronger guy playing RG.

ct bills fan
04-26-2009, 08:56 PM
walker has been very good for us, he's not on the outs.

OpIv37
04-26-2009, 09:22 PM
The Bills passed on the OT's because they believe in what Demetrius Bell can do. I didn't and thought the major need was OT. Obviously I was wrong. When the Bills drafted two guys for guard positions I realized that Butler could possibly be pushed out to RT and that Langston Walker might get the first look at LT, but Demetrius Bell is definitely garnering consideration. Butler because of his size is to big really to play RG. He did an admirable job in doing so, but I think he should be at RT. Bell because he is so athletic should be competing for that LT spot. Walker might be on the outs.

Obviously you were wrong based on what? The way the FO drafted?

Sorry, but this FO has done nothing to earn the benefit of the doubt. Just because the FO didn't address a position does NOT mean that position is set.

OpIv37
04-26-2009, 09:24 PM
Why take someone else's trash? There is a reason the Bengals were so willing to spend a 6th overall to find a solution at LT. It's not like they had a great line before anyways.

We're fine with our tackles.

Unfortunately, this is one of those times where someone else's trash is an upgrade over our steaming pile of ****. Our tackles are Walker, Chambers and Bell. Bell is raw as hell and Chambers is a back up. We are anything but fine at tackle.

Even if Butler moves out, we're talking about starting 2 rookies and Hangartner in the center of the line. I'm not comfortable with at at all, especially with the big NT's in the AFCE.

TigerJ
04-26-2009, 09:37 PM
Let me preface my thoughts by saying my only exposure to the Bills draft until tonight (Sunday Night) was a brief mention I heard on a cheap scratchy little pocket radio this moring where I at least heard the names of the Bills four draft choices on day one of the draft. I am surprised they didn't at least pick up someone as a developmental guy on day two. I don't buy the notion that they base their drafting strategy on saving face. I do think they are very high on Demetrius Bell, though I am or would be a bit surprised at the notion that they think he'll be ready to start at left tackle this season. I do think they are likely to shift Walker to the left and put Bell on the right. How long that lasts will depend on how well both of them do. If Bell does a great job on the right and Walker struggles on the left then I could see Bell switching to the left sooner rather than later. If Walker plays lights out, they may just keep him there. If they both stink, I could see Walker moving to the right and Kirk Chambers getting a shot at LT. I know two seasons ago Chambers looked like a stiff, but he has been steadily improving, and the Bills actually regard him as a pretty good athlete. Though he's now 30 years old. I'm not sure what to make of the notion of Butler moving back to tackle. I'm not real confident of the Bills getting great play from their tackles this season, but I don't write off the possibility that they might be pretty good if the things the Bills are obviously hoping for actually pan out. Will the Bills pick up Levi Jones or a similar player? I have no idea if something lilke that will actually be considered.

capitolneal
04-26-2009, 09:40 PM
i was looking on sportsline and they compared one of top OT to Demetrius Bell, we gotta remeber this kid played b-ball and is real new to football I think the coaches saw something in him but because as FANS we think we know more than pro. coaches that r season is done in April. F jones we have the pieces to win LETS GO BUFFALO.... I am excited

SeatownBillsFan21
04-26-2009, 11:19 PM
By no means am i sold on Bell to be our starter week 1 at the same time i dont think Jones is the answer so where does that leave us??Walker at LT Butler at RT we best get use to it i guess.

don137
04-27-2009, 07:17 AM
Not sure why everyone is so opposed to bringing in Jones whether it be a trade or after he is cut. We could maybe see if they want Denney or Kelsey for Jones. If Bell, Chambers or Butler outplay Jones you don't really lose anything and Jones is cut. If he does outplay them then our roster is better. What's wrong with that?

ddaryl
04-27-2009, 07:49 AM
Jones' injuries have pretty much stripped his career.

I don't think he has much left in the tank to play at high enough level for a LT