PDA

View Full Version : Is Drayton Florence's roster spot safe?

psubills62
04-26-2009, 08:09 PM
There was a CB last year who signed with us (can't remember his name, someone want to help me out?) in free agency. Most people thought he'd be good veteran depth, though he wasn't the best CB. Then we drafted three CB's and that FA was gone.

Do you think Florence is the same kind of signing - just a camp body? Or do you think that we only drafted one actual CB (there were a lot of injuries last year), and two safeties?

Just curious

FlyingDutchman
04-26-2009, 08:11 PM
James. And yes I agree Florence is gonna have to bust his arse to make this team

Nighthawk
04-26-2009, 08:15 PM
Florence will be on the opening day roster. He is a good player who had a bad season in JAX...he'll make the team.

kid mickey
04-26-2009, 10:51 PM
Who knows if he makes the team. It's possible. He got a 2 year deal. It's not a one year deal. Pat Thomas probably won't make the team though. Nic Harris is gonna come in and dominate. Whoo yeah.

Ed
04-26-2009, 11:00 PM
I think Florence makes the team. It's a little different situation from last year since we used a 1st and 4th on CB's. If Byrd plays safety and Harris plays LB, then that only leaves two late round CB's to beat out.

DrGraves
04-26-2009, 11:05 PM
apparently not..

psubills62
04-26-2009, 11:38 PM
I think Florence makes the team. It's a little different situation from last year since we used a 1st and 4th on CB's. If Byrd plays safety and Harris plays LB, then that only leaves two late round CB's to beat out.

I think I agree with this, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them move Lankster to safety as well. I think they saw safety depth (especially in terms of playmakers with a nose for the ball) as an issue, and looked to address it with Byrd/Lankster. IMO, Harris is insurance due to the rash of injuries at the CB position lately.

kid mickey
04-27-2009, 12:15 AM
The real question to be asking is, is Donte Whitner's roster spot safe?

Bert102176
04-27-2009, 12:41 AM
Florence will be on the opening day roster. He is a good player who had a bad season in JAX...he'll make the team.

everyone on Jaxlast year had a bad season except 4 jones-drew