PDA

View Full Version : Great draft and offseason

Mitchell55
04-26-2009, 08:19 PM
We have a HOF WR and a guard of the best rushing team in the NFL

We got rid of Preston, Doc, and Peters, drafted and signed hangartner, Wood, and Levitre. Also Butler or Walker will man the tackle(s)

Signed a very good playmaking saftey

Replaced Royal with a top 3 TE in the draft

Got the 2nd best rushing DE in the draft

Great job

HHURRICANE
04-26-2009, 08:26 PM
Wow.

Maybin is a very lean player. He is the equivalent of Cornelius Bennett but not as thick. He's not a guy that we are going to see alot of this year except for 3rd downs. Orakpo, IMO, was the more NFL ready player. With that said who knows.

The front office gets kudos for the experiment of moving the RT to LT and moving their RG to RT while putting two rookies and a backup between them? Sorry but this FO gets zero credit other than making sure that Wilson will have a very good P&L this season.

We have no upgarde at LB. You are okay with Poz, Mitchell, and Ellsion?

I hope to god the off-season isn't over because unless there is a vet LT and LB we are looking at 7-9 again.

Joe Fo Sho
04-26-2009, 08:39 PM
Wow.

Maybin is a very lean player. He is the equivalent of Cornelius Bennett but not as thick. He's not a guy that we are going to see alot of this year except for 3rd downs. Orakpo, IMO, was the more NFL ready player. With that said who knows.

The front office gets kudos for the experiment of moving the RT to LT and moving their RG to RT while putting two rookies and a backup between them? Sorry but this FO gets zero credit other than making sure that Wilson will have a very good P&L this season.

We have no upgarde at LB. You are okay with Poz, Mitchell, and Ellsion?

I hope to god the off-season isn't over because unless there is a vet LT and LB we are looking at 7-9 again.

So...Who should we have drafted then?

Mitchell55
04-26-2009, 08:41 PM
Wow.

Maybin is a very lean player. He is the equivalent of Cornelius Bennett but not as thick. He's not a guy that we are going to see alot of this year except for 3rd downs. Orakpo, IMO, was the more NFL ready player. With that said who knows. With the right training Maybin can be a top DE in the NFL.

The front office gets kudos for the experiment of moving the RT to LT and moving their RG to RT while putting two rookies and a backup between them? Sorry but this FO gets zero credit other than making sure that Wilson will have a very good P&L this season. We got the best G and 2nd best C. How are you mad?

We have no upgarde at LB. You are okay with Poz, Mitchell, and Ellsion? Obviously youve never heard of Nic Haris. He was projected to start for NE if they drafted him

I hope to god the off-season isn't over because unless there is a vet LT and LB we are looking at 7-9 again. LT is fine now

Can you please leave. You said you hate the bills, now go

billogic99
04-26-2009, 08:49 PM
At 11 we get a player that won't be an impact with run support or the ability to dominate a T in the NFL. Maybin will bring speed all day long, but the problem is at this level, you need a lot more than speed. Reading his bio, the very first thing it says was, "Maybin struggles with bigger Olinemen". That was in the pro football draft guide. Now it's just an opinion and we have no idea what will happen, but common sense tells us 236 lb DE's are not going to scare anyone in the NFL.

I also read Maybin struggles to add weight, we all know the Bills aren't exactly the league leaders in off season programs. Now I have said it several times since the Maybin was picked, but I really don't like this selection.I think the Bills could have added a LT and still added a better pass rusher at 28 imo. I'm not the Bills FO and I don't control what they do, but size matters in this division and we are by far the smallest defense in the division and we keep getting smaller. The Dolphins added a CB Sean Smith that goes 6'3 and 217 lbs, that one inch shorter and and just 19 lbs lighter than our first round pick who plays on the Dline.

I'm glad the Bills added a pass rusher, but my concern with him IMO is legit, very light weight in a division full of monsters at T.

The Spaz
04-26-2009, 08:51 PM
He's 250 and he gained the weight in 2 months. Something tells me he doesn't have a hard time gaining weight.

OpIv37
04-26-2009, 08:58 PM
He's 250 and he gained the weight in 2 months. Something tells me he doesn't have a hard time gaining weight.

if he already gained 14 pounds, how much more weight do you expect him to gain? And how do you expect him to gain weight going through NFL workouts in summer heat? The dude's gonna need at least a full off-season to get into NFL shape and he won't be effective this year.

Again, that's true of a lot of college guys and wouldn't be a problem, if the Bills didn't need so much immediate help. But they do.

2009 is a wash and this FO knows it. The ONLY thing they've done that gives the appearance of trying to win THIS year is signing TO. Everything else has been about unloading vets and preparing for the future at the expense of the present.

Mitchell55
04-26-2009, 09:02 PM
if he already gained 14 pounds, how much more weight do you expect him to gain? And how do you expect him to gain weight going through NFL workouts in summer heat? The dude's gonna need at least a full off-season to get into NFL shape and he won't be effective this year.

Again, that's true of a lot of college guys and wouldn't be a problem, if the Bills didn't need so much immediate help. But they do.

2009 is a wash and this FO knows it. The ONLY thing they've done that gives the appearance of trying to win THIS year is signing TO. Everything else has been about unloading vets and preparing for the future at the expense of the present.

Every year you bash us for not having good drafts and keeping the same guys. We do that and now your upset. Your a hypocritical depressing *******

billogic99
04-26-2009, 09:41 PM
Every year you bash us for not having good drafts and keeping the same guys. We do that and now your upset. Your a hypocritical depressing *******

I think the FO is responsible for fan reaction, not the fans. Not everyone is the eternal optimist, no one here wants the Bills to lose or struggle. But you can't be uoset with fans who watch this team year in and year out drop the ball. Did you watch the Pats draft this weekend? They moved up they moved down, they added talent, they traded talent, they even stockpiled DP's for next year.

The Pats win every year because they understand how to use the draft and FA. They are in a position to draft for luxury and they can manipulate the draft any way they choose. The Bills are not even close to that type of organization.

I think we'll see Maybin get washed out if they try to use him as a DE. If on the otherhand they see him as an OLB, they better be damn sure using the 11th pick on a player that will be asked to change positions is more than capable or the 11th pick in the draft was just wasted. All we can do at this point is hope Maybin bulks up even more and dominates the position he's asked to play.

kid mickey
04-26-2009, 10:59 PM
Bills see Maybin at DE. In fact I think they see him at LE. I wanna see what he can do. I am on the fence with this guy. Maybe he is really good. Maybe he is a bust. I wanna see what he brings to the table and I really think that Kelsay is gone. Good-bye Chris Kelsay.

Mad Bomber
04-26-2009, 11:08 PM
Can we get away from the Combine mentality? It's not how big a guy is...250 vs. 260....do 10 lbs matter more than quickness?

My judgment of Maybin will only come after I see what he does on the field.

That is the first and only judgment I use.

Dying_-2-_Live
04-26-2009, 11:10 PM
we got the best rushing de in the draft, imho.... but I originally thought Orakpo was a better all around prospect

TigerJ
04-26-2009, 11:42 PM
I was surprised by the lacke of an offensive tackle and to a lesser degree a fulback in the draft. I was also surprised by the emphasis on DBs. I get that Nick Harris is going to be a linebacker, but Cary Harris and Ellis Lankster after the Bills had already picked up Jarius Byrd in the second? Wow, that's a lot of CBs considering they have McKelvin, Youboty, Corner, McGee and Drayton Florence. I guess you can argue that McGee is likely to leave via free agency and the Bills are hoping they can develop his replacement from a lower round pick, but if a guy is any good, you can't really hide him on the PS for a year while he develops. Someone is going to grab him. I don't like to make snap assessments. What I do is make observations. How it works out depends on a lot of factors that we can't possibly know or predict with any accuracy. Suffice it to say, I thought the Bills picked up some good players, but I'm a bit surprised by what they didn't do in the draft. But then, they always surprise us a little.