PDA

View Full Version : The Bills had 3 solid picks.

HHURRICANE
04-26-2009, 08:37 PM
I think the Bills addressed a key area which was our ability to get pressere up the middle on short yardage.

If the Bills leave the line alone and bring in a vet at LT they may actually run the ball well and set up the pass that way. Wood and Levitre were two good picks.

I also like Nelson at TE. The Bills were obviously very high on him and didn't want to spend more than a 4th at the TE position. they got very good value here.

The DB/CB run is moronic. Obvioulsy the Bills have no faith that they will see a pass rush this year so they are going to pick off every pass to have a chance on D. The Bills empasizing the secondary and special teams hasn't worked for nine years but let them keep working it.

If the Bills want any semblence of being competitive in 2009 they had better be on the phone Monday AM addressing LT and LB.

FlyingDutchman
04-26-2009, 08:39 PM
Cool. How did your Patriots finish up the day?

HHURRICANE
04-26-2009, 08:43 PM
Cool. How did your Patriots finish up the day?

If the Bills end their off-season tonight I'll let you know soon. I'm hoping that the Bills are not done yet. A serviceable vet LT and an upgrade at OLB might keep me as a fan for another season.

If they don't do anything more than I'm changing my avatar to my new team.

HHURRICANE
04-26-2009, 08:44 PM
The Bills ability to run up the middle has been a problem. I like the fact that they recognized.

FlyingDutchman
04-26-2009, 08:45 PM
nobody cares about the avatar. can you please just stop being an annoying piss ant who is always contrary to everything for the hell of it

Joe Fo Sho
04-26-2009, 08:46 PM
If the Bills end their off-season tonight I'll let you know soon. I'm hoping that the Bills are not done yet. A serviceable vet LT and an upgrade at OLB might keep me as a fan for another season.

So this draft, a serviceable LT, and a new OLB would be considered "extraordinary"?

Who is available at LT that you would consider serviceable/better than the Walker/Chambers/Bell experiment.

What about LB for that matter?

GreedoII
3 out of the 4 DB chosen were for S/LB. Pay attention you clown. Nic Harris is listed as a LB. Man you people are stupid

FlyingDutchman
not trying to name call, but theres no sense in pussy footing anymore...its gotten quite annoying

The Spaz
04-26-2009, 08:48 PM
Ignore feature is awesome for clowns like this.:up:

FlyingDutchman
04-26-2009, 08:54 PM
also saying what picks are solid and what arent right now is like judging Obamas presidency after the inaguration...wtf could you possibly be going on....

Tatonka
04-26-2009, 08:58 PM

:limp:

you're all talk.. why dont you leave instead of talking about it like a coward.

although watching a fan who even talks like that is enough for me to know what kind of person you are.

HHURRICANE
04-26-2009, 09:05 PM
:limp:

you're all talk.. why dont you leave instead of talking about it like a coward.

although watching a fan who even talks like that is enough for me to know what kind of person you are.

I don't have a red wings logo in my sig. What kind fo fan are you?

Like I said, this is why you and some of the others can keep Hooters in business.

casdhf
04-26-2009, 09:07 PM
Are you really gonna make someone drag up your "no trade I quit" thread?

kid mickey
04-26-2009, 09:09 PM
Nic Harris is the LBer. Dairus Byrd is going to compete for FS. Cary Harris is gonna compete for a nickel role possibly. Ellis Lankster can also possibly compete for a nickel role. Neither one of these 6-7 round guys are guaranteed a roster spot. Lankster is also in a position to return kicks.

HHURRICANE
04-26-2009, 09:14 PM

No. But you can re-read it. I never said I'm quiting the board just being a fan of this team and their greedy owner.

First off the Bills didn't have Sanchez fall to them which I stated as one of the scenarios that would facilitate a trdae for Scheffler, etc.

If the Bills do nothing via trade or FA release in the next few days than i can assume they are done. Than yeah I'm done with this team. I can't continue to root for a team that doesn't spend money on getting better.

HHURRICANE
04-26-2009, 09:16 PM
Nic Harris is the LBer. Dairus Byrd is going to compete for FS. Cary Harris is gonna compete for a nickel role possibly. Ellis Lankster can also possibly compete for a nickel role. Neither one of these 6-7 round guys are guaranteed a roster spot. Lankster is also in a position to return kicks.

I didn't know that all of the rookies were starters on day 1. Awesome, we are all set than.

HHURRICANE
04-26-2009, 09:24 PM
nobody cares about the avatar. can you please just stop being an annoying piss ant who is always contrary to everything for the hell of it

A bunch of you don't want anybody ruining your little fairy tale with reality.

If your life is dependant on not bursting your bubble than you really need to get a life.

The attacks are only embarrassing yourself.

FlyingDutchman
04-26-2009, 09:31 PM
A bunch of you don't want anybody ruining your little fairy tale with reality.

If your life is dependant on not bursting your bubble than you really need to get a life.

nobody here is in a fairy tale. we know we have problems. can we please just talk about football without the same people beating the same negative crap to death. what bubble are you talking about? im just asking you to stop being so damn annoying, dont act like you dont know what youre doing

FlyingDutchman
04-26-2009, 09:33 PM

after some of the comments youve made in the last months about all sorts of different things, i wouldnt be so worried about how I look

FlyingDutchman
04-26-2009, 09:38 PM
I didn't know that all of the rookies were starters on day 1. Awesome, we are all set than.

i didnt know you could tell what draft picks were good and who werent on draft day. awesome, no need for preseason or practice than.

HHURRICANE
04-26-2009, 09:39 PM
nobody here is in a fairy tale. we know we have problems. can we please just talk about football without the same people beating the same negative crap to death. what bubble are you talking about? im just asking you to stop being so damn annoying, dont act like you dont know what youre doing

Find a post where I came into a thread or post and attacked you. You can't.

I'm talking football. The Bills had 3 solid picks in the draft.

Look at what transpired after that.

What you want me to say is that the draft was awesome and that this team is going to be great. You realize that this is a meesage board with different opinions.

re-read my thread again.

FlyingDutchman
04-26-2009, 09:41 PM
No. But you can re-read it. I never said I'm quiting the board just being a fan of this team and their greedy owner.

good one of the conditions was you were done putting money AND time into such a lousy team right? so youre not gonna just switch your avatar and keep up with this crap are you?

HHURRICANE
04-26-2009, 09:41 PM

What you want me to say is that the draft was awesome and that this team is going to be great. You realize that this is a meesage board with different opinions.

Re-read my thread again. It really deserved the personal attacks around here? really?

You guys can't help yourself when someone is calling out the reality of the situation.

BillsWin
04-26-2009, 09:44 PM
I think the Bills addressed a key area which was our ability to get pressure up the middle on short yardage.

Yes, they did. It was a very surprising thing that OBD recognized that we were in desperate need in that area. Wood is a great center, but I think that Levitre can beat him out at guard. I'm not high at all on Hangnarter and wouldn't care if Levitre and Wood started over him. We'll see what happens. Either way, the Bills improved leaps and bounds on their interior line.

If the Bills leave the line alone and bring in a vet at LT they may actually run the ball well and set up the pass that way. Wood and Levitre were two good picks.

I don't think they will. I agree with you though. However, I don't think all is lost. The Bills have Walker, who surprised at LT last season and they have Chambers, Butler and Bell. We have to see what they do before we judge.

I also like Nelson at TE. The Bills were obviously very high on him and didn't want to spend more than a 4th at the TE position. they got very good value here.

One of the best picks in the draft. The value on Nelson in the fourth was extremely high and if they had skipped on him it would have been an extremely poor decision.

The DB/CB run is moronic. Obviously the Bills have no faith that they will see a pass rush this year so they are going to pick off every pass to have a chance on D. The Bills emphasizing the secondary and special teams hasn't worked for nine years but let them keep working it.

Disappointing as it is, the Bills did get Maybin. There are some scouts that think he is an excellent value and will be a monster pass rusher. Their constant fetish with CBs upsets me, but their good picks out weigh the bad this draft I think.

If the Bills want any semblance of being competitive in 2009 they had better be on the phone Monday AM addressing LT and LB.

I think they will be competitive regardless. They have one of the best WR corps in the NFL and a trio of RBs that can all start in the NFL and are all threats in the run and pass game. They have Nelson now, which makes for yet another weapon on offense, and their defense was, what? 13th last year? They may have improved at two positions on "D" if Byrd becomes a ballhawk FS and Maybin sacks the QB a little.

HHURRICANE
04-26-2009, 09:46 PM
good one of the conditions was you were done putting money AND time into such a lousy team right? so youre not gonna just switch your avatar and keep up with this crap are you?

I think it's unproductive to post the team sucks, etc. if I'm not going to be engaged as a fan. I'm being critical because I'm still holding out hope that something positive is going to happen.

It's looking unlikely so I'll be a fan of the NFL where I can be less committed so you don't have to worry that I'll be ripping the Bills.

Like I said I'll just post like NE39. Nice move, blah, blah etc., etc.

Tatonka
04-26-2009, 09:46 PM

:roflmao:

he is so :limp:

FlyingDutchman
04-26-2009, 09:48 PM

re-read my thread again.

theres a difference of difference of opinions and what you and OP do. Its like youre pissed off we like moves the bills do at times and we support our team. you want us to come down to your miserable outlook at on the team and beat it over and over again. we get it, the bills have issues. can we also be fans? christ almighty, we should turn this board into a miserable place. sorry you dont like the respect you get on here anymore, but you cant say it wasnt earned.

Dr. Lecter
04-26-2009, 10:03 PM
Please stay on topic people.......

DRELOVESBills
04-26-2009, 10:14 PM

dude i don't want to be "that guy" but if you are going to root for another team, then you should just go to their boards!! I mean I know you are going to do what you want to do, but don't you think that would be for the best.

Bert102176
04-27-2009, 01:24 AM
can't we all just get along, lol

HHURRICANE
04-27-2009, 07:22 AM
theres a difference of difference of opinions and what you and OP do. Its like youre pissed off we like moves the bills do at times and we support our team. you want us to come down to your miserable outlook at on the team and beat it over and over again. we get it, the bills have issues. can we also be fans? christ almighty, we should turn this board into a miserable place. sorry you dont like the respect you get on here anymore, but you cant say it wasnt earned.

Read your post. You don't like the opinion of OP and I. How ridiculous is that? Nobody provides counter arguments so they'd rather just deem the posts as "negative" and move on.

As far as the respect thing do you really think I care what a bunch of posters on a message board think about me? I have a life outside this place.

For me this is pure recreation in between doing deals. It's fun and keeps the stress down.

You guys don't want to argue facts you want cheerleadres to agree with you. Life doesn't work that way.

justasportsfan
04-27-2009, 07:32 AM
Like I said I'll just post like NE39. :roflmao: IN YOUR DREAMS. Even Mitchell is a better poster than you. You were the bills version of FTP. Now you're an FTP with no team.

CoolBreeze
04-27-2009, 07:33 AM
Read your post. You don't like the opinion of OP and I. How ridiculous is that? Nobody provides counter arguments so they'd rather just deem the posts as "negative" and move on.

As far as the respect thing do you really think I care what a bunch of posters on a message board think about me? I have a life outside this place.

For me this is pure recreation in between doing deals. It's fun and keeps the stress down.

You guys don't want to argue facts you want cheerleadres to agree with you. Life doesn't work that way.

I for one, would like to know what credentials YOU and OP have, as it relates to NFL experience? What is your experience playing football in the NFL, NCAA, and High School? What is your experience with management of players at the NFL, NCAA or high school level? Do you both work with NFL teams? My guess is that both of you are like this in your everyday lives. Nothing anybody does, is good enough for you and YOU would have done "it" better. I'm quite sure your friends and family shake their heads while you shout at the tv during the nfl draft or a game, on how you would have done this or that. Get a life

HHURRICANE
04-27-2009, 07:45 AM
I for one, would like to know what credentials YOU and OP have, as it relates to NFL experience? What is your experience playing football in the NFL, NCAA, and High School? What is your experience with management of players at the NFL, NCAA or high school level? Do you both work with NFL teams? My guess is that both of you are like this in your everyday lives. Nothing anybody does, is good enough for you and YOU would have done "it" better. I'm quite sure your friends and family shake their heads while you shout at the tv during the nfl draft or a game, on how you would have done this or that. Get a life

I can't speak for OP.

I run a very successful business in Atlanta even in a challenging economy. Everyone is empowered to make decisions and we actually encourage people to challenge management. The only thing we ask is make your case on it's merits not emotion.

I am a very optimistic person but I am a very conservative business person. Ralph Wilson is a very good businessman and he has my respect. As a fan of the Bills I think he is a crappy owner. Unfortunately, those things conflict.

As far as football knowledge I have never come on this board saying I know more than anyone else. Matter-of-fact I like coming here because I learn a few things about the NFL along the way. I have a few friends that are invloved with the Bills and every once in a while I get something interesting.

My argumnet is that very few of you know how to psot a counter argumnet that isn't ugly and condescending. Our mods used to be alot better around here but obvioulsy they rather have it as UFC around here.

There's everything you need to know.