Is there any confirmatin that Maybin is being moved to LB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Is there any confirmatin that Maybin is being moved to LB?

Or are most of you just "assuming"? I have yet to see a link, can someone provide one that says the Bills will move Maybin to LB?
  • Al the Bills Fan
    • Aug 2007

Re: Is there any confirmatin that Maybin is being moved to LB?

He and the team have both said that he is playing DE. watch the interview with Jauron, Bradon, Modrak on bb.com

Comment

• psubills62
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2008

He's not moving to LB. He's a DE who is still growing into his body.
      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
        Making Spirits Bright
        • Mar 2006

He's playing end for us. The only thing that had people convinced he was gonna move to LB is the text they received that said Maybin is an LB.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
          He's not moving to LB. He's a DE who is still growing into his body.
          Translation: he's not in the same shape that Orakpo is in and he won't help us immediately. That wouldn't necessarily be a problem because that's true of most guys coming out of college. The issue is that the Bills needed immediate help at several positions, relied on the draft to get it, then took a player who won't help immediately. It's moronic.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Al the Bills Fan
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37
            Translation: he's not in the same shape that Orakpo is in and he won't help us immediately. That wouldn't necessarily be a problem because that's true of most guys coming out of college. The issue is that the Bills needed immediate help at several positions, relied on the draft to get it, then took a player who won't help immediately. It's moronic.
            I appreciate most of your posts BUT you are crazy if you are knocking Maybin's conditioning. Did you see the picture that someone posted on the zone? He has been working his tail off. He wants to play, Orakpo's knock is that he is not very determined. Maybin wants to play and will work. I am not completely sold on Maybin either and like you I was praying that the Bills would take Orakpo @ 11 and was a little pissed we didn;t at first.

Why don't you see how the kid pans out before making your judgement on him.

Comment

• kid mickey
              • Apr 2009

I will say this. I did not want the Bills to get Orakpo. He thought he was lock at 11. Did anybody see how shocked he was after the Bills took Maybin? The Redskins weren't. They already had a jersey with Orakpo's name on it. I was more worried about Orakpo than Maybin.
              Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

tom modrak specifically said he is fine at 250 and will get bigger over the years.. but he is fine now.

he weights more than aaron schobel.

but your right.. there is NO WAY he can give us an immediate impact..
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Al the Bills Fan
                  I appreciate most of your posts BUT you are crazy if you are knocking Maybin's conditioning. Did you see the picture that someone posted on the zone? He has been working his tail off. He wants to play, Orakpo's knock is that he is not very determined. Maybin wants to play and will work. I am not completely sold on Maybin either and like you I was praying that the Bills would take Orakpo @ 11 and was a little pissed we didn;t at first.

Why don't you see how the kid pans out before making your judgement on him.
                  See, this is exactly the problem with the Bills. They pick guys who have good work ethic over superior physical talent. Ideally you'd want both, but I don't care how much time Maybin spends in the gym. Some things are just physical gifts and no amount of work or training can make up for it. That's the criteria for being a member of the Buffalo Bills? Working hard? ****, sign me to a minimum salary contract and I'll spend 8 hours a day in the gym and 4 hours a day watching tape every day from now until the season starts. I'll never be as big, strong, fast or athletic as the guys on the team now, but I'll work really hard!

What you call "judgment" I call "commentary." I don't know that he's going to struggle just like you don't know that he's going to contribute. But this is what we do know: he has limited college experience, at the moment he's undersized, and the season starts in 4 1/2 months. Given all of that, it's illogical to expect him to come in and contribute immediately. Maybe he's one of the rare guys who can pull it off, but chances are he's not. If the Bills want to win, they don't have the luxury of waiting for guys to develop. They need the help now. So, ANY reason for concern that the guy isn't ready is very significant.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• psubills62
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2008

It's not moronic. He's a guy who can contribute; he's just not ready to be a starter. Maybin's a hard worker and if he can maintain the weight he put on over the offseason, then he could be even farther developed than expected.

I don't think they should have picked only Maybin, and I'm not even sure he can fit our scheme. But I know how great of a speed rusher he is, and I'm willing to give him a chance. It's not even 48 hours after he was picked and you're ready to call his season a wash?
                    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• casdhf
                      • Jul 2002

He'll have 8 sacks this year.
                      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• psubills62
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2008

See, this is exactly the problem with the Bills. They pick guys who have good work ethic over superior physical talent. Ideally you'd want both, but I don't care how much time Maybin spends in the gym. Some things are just physical gifts and no amount of work or training can make up for it. That's the criteria for being a member of the Buffalo Bills? Working hard? ****, sign me to a minimum salary contract and I'll spend 8 hours a day in the gym and 4 hours a day watching tape every day from now until the season starts. I'll never be as big, strong, fast or athletic as the guys on the team now, but I'll work really hard!

What you call "judgment" I call "commentary." I don't know that he's going to struggle just like you don't know that he's going to contribute. But this is what we do know: he has limited college experience, at the moment he's undersized, and the season starts in 4 1/2 months. Given all of that, it's illogical to expect him to come in and contribute immediately. Maybe he's one of the rare guys who can pull it off, but chances are he's not. If the Bills want to win, they don't have the luxury of waiting for guys to develop. They need the help now. So, ANY reason for concern that the guy isn't ready is very significant.
                        Haha you're talking about physical gifts while bashing Maybin? You've got to be kidding me...he's one of the most physically talented kids in the draft. He just needs some polishing.

Strengths:
                        Excellent athleticism...Extremely quick and has a phenomenal first step...Explosive with a great burst...Smooth and fluid...Has a non-stop motor...Relentless in pursuit...Closes in a hurry...Agile with good balance and changes directions well...Can be a terror off the edge...Is comfortable in space...Has displayed some ability and promise in coverage...Real long arms...There is very little fat on his body and he has room to add more weight...Offers some positional versatility...A hard worker...Team leader...Nice production...Still has tons of upside.

-from draftcountdown.com
                        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                          tom modrak specifically said he is fine at 250 and will get bigger over the years.. but he is fine now.

he weights more than aaron schobel.

but your right.. there is NO WAY he can give us an immediate impact..

250 is not fine for a DE, because if he's listed at 250, he's probably closer to 240. When Schobel's weight went from 260 down to 243, his sacks went from 14 to 6.5.

This D has been trying to get away with undersized players for years and they consistently get burned by it.

I agree, he'll probably get bigger over the years. But what good does that do us NOW? Once again, the FO insists on building for a future that never actually arrives. It's ****ing Groundhog Day.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• psubills62
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2008

250 is not fine for a DE, because if he's listed at 250, he's probably closer to 240. When Schobel's weight went from 260 down to 243, his sacks went from 14 to 6.5.

This D has been trying to get away with undersized players for years and they consistently get burned by it.

I agree, he'll probably get bigger over the years. But what good does that do us NOW? Once again, the FO insists on building for a future that never actually arrives. It's ****ing Groundhog Day.
                            No...you're thinking about if a prospect's college or university says he's 250. He's officially listed at 249 at the NFL combine, and similar weight at his pro day.
                            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
                              Haha you're talking about physical gifts while bashing Maybin? You've got to be kidding me...he's one of the most physically talented kids in the draft. He just needs some polishing.

Strengths:
                              Excellent athleticism...Extremely quick and has a phenomenal first step...Explosive with a great burst...Smooth and fluid...Has a non-stop motor...Relentless in pursuit...Closes in a hurry...Agile with good balance and changes directions well...Can be a terror off the edge...Is comfortable in space...Has displayed some ability and promise in coverage...Real long arms...There is very little fat on his body and he has room to add more weight...Offers some positional versatility...A hard worker...Team leader...Nice production...Still has tons of upside.

-from draftcountdown.com
                              My assertion is that Orakpo is more physically gifted than Maybin and thus more ready to contribute immediately.

You respond to that by posting a draft site's OPINION on Maybin without even mentioning Orakpo? Come on, you can do better than that.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X