PDA

View Full Version : Breaking down the O-Line

kid mickey
04-26-2009, 08:53 PM
Hangartner is the pivot man and it all starts here. He is extremely smart and technically sound player. He will make the calls at the line. You watch him on tape and you realize that the guy is really nasty. He paved the way for Willams and Stewart. The center is a very important position on the line because everything starts there. If a team is consistently running the ball up the gut then you know your center is doing their job. He pulls really well and is ideal for controlling gaps.

Wood is the RG. He is unbelievably strong. A very nasty player, who looks to punish on every play. He can spring guys into the open very well and reads his keys exceptionally well. He is a more polished run blocker than pass blocker so his ideal fit is right at RG. Not that he can't pass block, its just that he is just a dominant force and ultimate road grader. He will get to the second level and he will spring guys.

Levitre is the LG. The guy is a technician. He is incredibly good with his pass protection, even if his run blocking isn't as strong. He also reads his key exceptionally well and understands who he is supposed to be blocking. Because he is only 6'3 and doesn't have the longest arms, he can't really make a huge impact as a tackle, but he can definitely play left guard. He will definitely help in protecting Trent's blind side.

Butler is the RT. The guy is a mauler. We have all seen him play. He is a mean freaking dude. Extremely smart and was a big reason on why the right side was so dominant in running the football. He is way to big in my opinion to be playing guard. At 6'7 with his wing span and strength you have to be looking at him at RT. He should be ready now to step in and play there considering he has been playing RG for a while now. I think he will be at his best at RT.

Bell is the dark horse LT. This guy is extremely athletic. All reports are saying that he has been in the gym working his ass off. He is reportedly up to 325 lbs and he is a lot stronger than he was a year ago. He is still raw, but so was Peters when he took on the position. His extremly long arms should help him contain speed rushers off the edge and he really could step in and play LT. I thought the Bills would go with an OT early, but by passing on OT's in this draft that says a lot about what they think of Bell.

ScottLawrence
04-26-2009, 09:01 PM
I think Walker is going to play LT.

I like the two picks of Wood and Levitre but I'm not so sure about our situation at Tackle.

We will see how it shakes out.

GvilleBills
04-26-2009, 10:12 PM
Walker--Levitre--Wood--Butler--Bell...
or Walker--Levitre--Hangartner--Wood--Butler

losman2evans
04-27-2009, 01:07 AM
Agreed

Bell , (Levi Jones), Walker at LT, Levitre at LG, Hangartner at Center, Wood at RG and either Walker, Butler, or Bell at RT.
The key is who is capable of playing LT- hopefully Bell improves- but I would feel more comfortable with a capable veteran un that position. Having 2 rookies on the line is scary enough. That is why Levi Jones may be good until Bell is ready. This allows Walker to go back to the position that i=he has excelled at (RT).

So it appears there is a lot of combinations yet to be determined. It definately should be an interesting training camp and I would like an experienced veteran LT in the interim ( levi Jones or Jonas Jennings).

GvilleBills
04-27-2009, 01:17 AM
If we got a healthy Levi Jones I would have to change my shorts.
Jones-Levitre-Hangartner-Wood-Walker? Yeahhh, I endorse that OL.