PDA

View Full Version : You know what I hate

Mitchell55
04-26-2009, 09:07 PM
The patriots didnt do ****. Reached on every one of there picks. Traded down even when they had some of the best where they were at. Did nothing in FA, and durring the draft, while the bills were picking I might add, they were going on and on and on about how great the Pats are doing. I cant name a single one of there picks.

kid mickey
04-26-2009, 09:13 PM
Patrick Chung is the only guy I remember and the funny thing is Dairus Byrd who played on the same team is probably gonna see the field before him and was picked after him. I just think that they seem to be getting a bunch of guys that they won't have to pay a lot of cash to. Some of them might make the roster some might not. I know that Buffalo's top 6 picks are gonna be on the roster opening day.

sdbillsfan2
04-26-2009, 09:21 PM
Once AGAIN you don't have your facts straight.

You say they did nothing in FA ?

how about :
<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="oddrow" valign="top"><td>March 19, 2009</td><td>Signed wide receiver Joey Galloway.</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" valign="top"><td>March 11, 2009</td><td>Signed cornerbacks Leigh Bodden and Shawn Springs.</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" valign="top"><td>March 10, 2009</td><td>Signed long snapper Nathan Hodel.</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" valign="top"><td>March 5, 2009</td><td>Acquired wide receiver Greg Lewis and an undisclosed 2010 draft selection from the Philadelphia Eagles in exchange for an undisclosed 2009 draft choice; re-signed linebacker Eric Alexander, punter Chris Hanson and safety James Sanders.</td></tr><tr class="oddrow" valign="top"><td>March 2, 2009</td><td>Signed tight end Chris Baker and offensive lineman Russ Hochstein.</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" valign="top"><td>February 27, 2009</td><td>Signed running back Fred Taylor.</td></tr></tbody></table>

I'd say they did a little something ..

And I'd rather trust their football instincts then yours as far as reaching goes,
But what the hell....your young and enthusiastic .

at least that's the excuse some use .

Prov401
04-26-2009, 09:25 PM
Mark it down.... Fred Taylor (barring injury) will run for 1,000 yards this season.

Mitchell55
04-26-2009, 09:26 PM
Once AGAIN you don't have your facts straight.

You say they did nothing in FA ?

how about :
<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top><TD>March 19, 2009</TD><TD>Signed wide receiver Joey Galloway.</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top><TD>March 11, 2009</TD><TD>Signed cornerbacks Leigh Bodden and Shawn Springs.</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top><TD>March 10, 2009</TD><TD>Signed long snapper Nathan Hodel.</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top><TD>March 5, 2009</TD><TD>Acquired wide receiver Greg Lewis and an undisclosed 2010 draft selection from the Philadelphia Eagles in exchange for an undisclosed 2009 draft choice; re-signed linebacker Eric Alexander, punter Chris Hanson and safety James Sanders.</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow vAlign=top><TD>March 2, 2009</TD><TD>Signed tight end Chris Baker and offensive lineman Russ Hochstein.</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow vAlign=top><TD>February 27, 2009</TD><TD>Signed running back Fred Taylor.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I'd say they did a little something ..

And I'd rather trust their football instincts then yours as far as reaching goes,
But what the hell....your young and enthusiastic .

at least that's the excuse some use .

Galloway sucks. 9 games, only 100 yds. Bodden is good. Springs is 34 and has almost nothing left. Taylor is good but is also 33 and wont be able to handle much with his injury problems. Baker is alright. Equivilent to a little better version of Royal.

BillsWin
04-26-2009, 09:33 PM
eh, they did some things but the hoody has never been much of a drafter to be quite honest and Pioli and his henchmen were ok at best, they just succeed with what they get because of their coaching and schemes.

HHURRICANE
04-26-2009, 09:35 PM
ESPN said the Pats are so deep, and Bellichek didn't like this year's draft, they decided to stock pile some projects and picks for next year.

Mitchell, the point being that they are so well run that they didn't have to fill holes in a crappy draft like other poorly run teams.

sdbillsfan2
04-26-2009, 09:42 PM
Like I said ...They did something so admit you were wrong!...They put together good teams like it or not .. ( which I don't like either)
But I still say they can evaluate talent a whole lot better then " minch55."
They said junior was to old to play lb and they got a couple more years out of him.

And if Fred Taylor isn't "something " why did the Bill want him?

Captain Obvious
04-26-2009, 09:45 PM
ESPN said the Pats are so deep, and Bellichek didn't like this year's draft, they decided to stock pile some project

Yes.. stockpile the picks on IR and in 2010 they'll be ready to play

Tatonka
04-26-2009, 09:55 PM
they also traded out and have 3 picks in the 2nd round for next year too.. so basically they are stocked for next draft too.. as normal..

kid mickey
04-26-2009, 09:58 PM
Look. They are gonna be really tough to beat regardless of how they drafted. I don't think they had an exceptional draft, but they are going to try and develop the players they got and it could go a long way for them. The Bills on the other hand were looking for starters everywhere in this draft. They got one I think at every pick before 6. Even the guys at 6 could make the squad. The thing about this draft was there were a lot of guys that could help your team depending on what you were looking for. The Bills obviously got guys that can come in and compete for starting positions right away. Nobody is gonna really be contending for the spots either. Check it out. Kelsay is gonna be cut. Maybin is obviously only gonna have to beat out Denney. Shouldn't be that hard. Dairus Byrd is looking for that FS spot. Simpson is gonna be cut so it won't be that hard. We have no guards because Butler is probably moving to tackle so Levitre and Wood are gonna easily walk in and take the RG and LG spots respectively. There will be a competition for LB. Nic Harris is the guy who will really have to earn his spot. Same with Shawn Nelson. Those two guys will be competing for a starting spot. They won't have to much competion though. I mean Fine is ok, but you know Nelson is gonna find the field early. Harris is gonna whoop some serious ass and make Ellison look really bad(I hope). Then because McGee is in his last year of his contract the Bills got some nickel corners this year because I think they believe Reggie Corner is gonna take McGee's spot. He certainly looks like a McGee clone.

Devin
04-26-2009, 10:07 PM
Haters. Seriously.

Youre brain dead if you think the Pats once again will not only likely win the division, but with Brady healthy probably take a crack at the SB again.

When we win 3 Superbowls maybe analysts will talk the same.

Personally for a lousy draft year the Pats did a fine job as much as I hate admitting it, and they once again will have plenty of picks next year.

To put things in perspective, the pats could have not made 1 pick and still be one of the strongest teams in te AFC.

ServoBillieves
04-26-2009, 10:30 PM
Sadly, all of their picks were very strong, very athletic, and very ready for the NFL. I hate the Patriots, I hate that they have such a strong team under such an undeserving, cheating coach, but they are the Patriots, and as long as they are such, they will continue to win games for the same very undeserving fans who 1/3 of them walked out when Brady got hurt.

Whatever, The Pat's are "unbeatable", and as McShay and Kiper mused, we will get our asses handed to us on opening Monday Night. They sure do know everything don't they?

Go Bills, **** the Patriots.

elltrain22
04-27-2009, 06:06 AM
I w/ Mitch, the Pats have had a lack-luster offseason. They've signed Fred Taylor & Joey Galloway, who are both clearly on the VERY downside of there careers. Springs and Bodden are serviceable cb's, but nothing to get really excited about about, and the rest of their moves, safe to say, some of those won't even make the final roster. As far as the draft, they did reach. Chung was a good choice, and maybe Brandon Tate has potential, but the rest of those guys are very raw, and need some real good coaching, which isn't a given anymore b/c alot of NE's coach's have gotten other jobs. They still employed the same trade down philosophy, but I think they missed Scott Peoli's insight. Time will tell though, and I'm very certain they'll still be quite good this year, but it is very sickening how much ESPN kisses there butt. I think in order to be an ESPN NFL analyst you have to kiss the Pats butt!!!

Typ0
04-27-2009, 07:03 AM
the real sad thing is that anyone could believe a team is going to be good or bad based on the draft they had that year. The pats could probably field three football team that would beat our one draft and all.

justasportsfan
04-27-2009, 07:46 AM
I can only hope that the loss of Josh McDaniels will make the Patriots weaker. IMO opinion their biggest loss this seaons is in the coaching department.

RandolphDuke
04-27-2009, 07:54 AM
Mark it down.... Fred Taylor (barring injury) will run for 1,000 yards this season.Barring injury, Fred Taylor is Superman multiplied by Walter Payton plus Emmit Smith.

kid mickey
04-27-2009, 08:31 AM
The Patriots do well drafting because they get a bunch of guys and none of them have to worry about stepping in day one and competing. Not all those early picks will make the team and that is just a testament to how good the team is already. The Bills might be in a similar position next year. Depends on how they do next year. If they make the play-offs they might be a complete team that just needs more play-off experience or they may just need one or two more pieces to the puzzle.

The Juice Is Loose
04-27-2009, 08:46 AM
I hate the Pats as much as anybody but Mitchell, your dead wrong.

They were trading 3rd round picks for 2nd round picks. They clearly didn't like the draft, and where are they weak?

They just went 11-5 without Tom Brady.

Taylor was bad last year, in Jacksonville. Same with Galloway. Neither of those players has ever been on a good team.

Your ignorant. You look at things black and white. People thought Randy Moss was done/too old. Look what happened with him. Junior Seau got cut by the Chargers and Dolphins, and had a great year with the Pats.

They run things the right way, and they are one of few teams that don't buy into rookie hype and throw money at nothing.

The King
04-27-2009, 08:50 AM
Mark it down.... Fred Taylor (barring injury) will run for 1,000 yards this season.With their passing attack that is hardly a bold statement.

I love that they think Springs and Bodden can contain, Evans and Owens.

Mr. Pink
04-27-2009, 10:27 AM
I love how every year someone, or a group of someones, makes this very same post basically.

Oh, the Pats did nothing this offseason. They're ripe to be knocked down from that pedestal. We can take them. They're nothing. Etc etc etc.

And every year they just go out and do their thing and are one of the best teams in football.

patmoran2006
04-27-2009, 01:42 PM
The patriots didnt do ****. Reached on every one of there picks. Traded down even when they had some of the best where they were at. Did nothing in FA, and durring the draft, while the bills were picking I might add, they were going on and on and on about how great the Pats are doing. I cant name a single one of there picks.
Yeah they only took the top rated safety in the draft; not to mention one of the highest rated corners in Darius Butler and now have another four picks in the first two rounds next year, in a class that will be regarded as a lot higher ranked than this one.

WHere you getting your info from?

Oaf
04-27-2009, 04:01 PM
The Patriots could have drafted Fran Tarkenton with all their picks and signed Bart Starr as a backup QB for their FA's and still be in better shape than us.

They can afford to do whatever they want with their picks and that definitely includes toying with their div rivals in predicting who would help us most and taking them away. (I.e. finding a partner to take Matthews from us at 26, AND getting more picks)

tonyc37
04-28-2009, 11:06 PM
I don't like the Pats at all,but as a former coach and Bills fan I have to give credit where credit is due.Bill knows the draft better than anyone we have.In one of the weakest drafts in recent history he got teams to trade value picks in next drafts for picks in this years draft.Also he saw how bad the draft was this and traded out of the first round all together.He knows he really doesn't need much from this years class,but pick some players who could be big contributors next year.

patmoran2006
04-29-2009, 06:37 AM
Patrick Chung is a big time starting safety in this league.. watch