04-26-2009, 11:14 PM
:bf1:

The Spaz
04-26-2009, 11:16 PM
OMFG they are all liars and we suck!!!!!(sarcasm) :clap:

THATHURMANATOR
04-26-2009, 11:17 PM
OMFG they are all liars and we suck!!!!!(sarcasm) :clap:
THE HATERS MUST BE SOOOO PISSED THEY CAN'T COMPLAIN AND WHINE!!!

Yes I know the draft may end up sucking and all be busts but I love what they did this weekend!

The Spaz
04-26-2009, 11:19 PM

Yes I know the draft may end up sucking and all be busts but I love what they did this weekend!

See this is why I know that the clowns complain just do this to play a game.

Mad Bomber
04-26-2009, 11:21 PM

Me too.

:bf1::bf1::bf1::bf1::bf1::bf1::bf1::bf1:

BillsWin
04-26-2009, 11:21 PM
Great job by OBD in rounds 1-5. fantastic job.

SeatownBillsFan21
04-26-2009, 11:24 PM
I love the first day picks and Nelson in the 4th dont know much about all the DB we picked but yeah i love most the picks.

Romes
04-26-2009, 11:27 PM
I'm thinking of changing my avatar. I really liked this draft. I loved that the Bills finally did two things they haven't done for years. Focused on getting tough and smart in the middle of the line and getting a TE that can contribute to the passing game.

BillsWin
04-26-2009, 11:28 PM
Maybin, Wood, Levitre, and Nelson make me giddy as a school girl. Nic Harris and Byrd make me smirk a little and C. Harris and Lankster make me go, "at least it was the late rounds."

All in all, I loved the draft. heres my analysis in case anyone wants to read! http://billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=174017

psubills62
04-26-2009, 11:35 PM
It's obvious that the Bills saw the safety position, especially depth-wise, as a weakness. I started to see it too shortly before the draft, although I didn't think they'd go that far (two guys) to address it.

Buffalogic
04-26-2009, 11:58 PM
Nic Harris = OLB

Mad Bomber
04-27-2009, 12:06 AM
Nic Harris = OLB This is a guy who can play OLB (he HAS to be better than Ellis) or SS. He's a beast.

I really like the versatility of the Bills' draft this year. Picked a bunch of guys who can play more than one position.

...I might have to change my avatar....

DrGraves
04-27-2009, 12:27 AM
Championship!!!!!!!

FlyingDutchman
04-27-2009, 12:27 AM
People seem to be so upset about the corners taken late. You gotta realize first 2-3 rounds youre looking for starters, 4th-5th rounds youre lookin for support players and any rounds after youre looking for the best athlete that has the best shot at making an NFL roster. Late rounds youre just hoping to get lucky.

Bert102176
04-27-2009, 12:48 AM
I just hope we sign the qb from buffalo make him a Undrafted Signing

Al the Bills Fan
04-27-2009, 12:55 AM
I just hope we sign the qb from buffalo make him a Undrafted Signing

He signed with the Ravens earlier tonight

Lexwhat
04-27-2009, 01:02 AM
Not trying to be negative, but who the hell likes KIPER on this board anyways??

Now that Kiper said we had the best draft, people applaud?

Philagape
04-27-2009, 01:07 AM
One thing, and only one thing, makes any draft a success:

Winning.

Until then, opinions are turds.

madness
04-27-2009, 01:41 AM
Not trying to be negative, but who the hell likes KIPER on this board anyways??

Now that Kiper said we had the best draft, people applaud?
Kiper isn't the only one. McShay, Mayock, and many more loved out draft. :up:

SeatownBillsFan21
04-27-2009, 02:00 AM
He gave us a B+ people Green Bay he said had the best draft but who cares really ask me in 3 years and ill tell you who had the best draft

Buffalo Bills: GRADE: B+
Aaron Maybin was the pass-rusher this team needed to anchor the defensive line. On the other side of the line, the selections of center Eric Wood and guard Andrew Levitre in the second round were excellent picks. Wood is a very good center and Levitre very well may be the best guard in this draft. Also, Jairus Byrd's ball skills could help him become a very good nickelback in this league. They got the tight end they needed in Shawn Nelson to give this offense another weapon. The reason this team didn't receive an A is because it didn't get a right or a left tackle, which I thought was a need with the trade of offensive tackle Jason Peters.

Lexwhat
04-27-2009, 02:10 AM
Kiper isn't the only one. McShay, Mayock, and many more loved out draft. :up:

I respect them, but ultimately I don't care what any analyst thinks.

When we start winning games and actually make the playoffs, then I will become more optimistic that we are headed in the right direction.

YardRat
04-27-2009, 06:01 AM
Kiper's a dick, and the fact that he liked our draft actually concerns me.

Liked Day 1 a lot, because they adressed the lines...too many d-backs on Sunday, and too many tweeners.

The only thing versatility says for a player is he's not good enough to excel at any one position.

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2009, 07:59 AM
Kiper's a dick, and the fact that he liked our draft actually concerns me.

Liked Day 1 a lot, because they adressed the lines...too many d-backs on Sunday, and too many tweeners.

The only thing versatility says for a player is he's not good enough to excel at any one position.
:rofl:

ddaryl
04-27-2009, 08:04 AM
Kipers opinion means dick to me..

Mayock and McShay carry more weight

madness
04-27-2009, 08:05 AM
add another one to the list...

Dilfer tabs Bills as big draft winners
By Chris Brown - Posted April 26th, 2009
ESPN NFL analyst Trent Dilfer tipped his hat to the Bills saying they had the best draft of any team in the league. Here’s what he had to say at the draft’s conclusion.

“Winners to me are the teams that help themselves next year,” said Dilfer. “They get guys that will help them next year. I look at Philly, New England, Green Bay, San Francisco, Cleveland, but to me the big winner was the Buffalo Bills. You got guys that will contribute right away…I really think that the Buffalo Bills did a great job with helping them win football games next year.”

TigerJ
04-27-2009, 08:16 AM
It's always stupid to rate a draft the day after it takes place. I must admit I'm a bit puzzled by what Buffalo didn't take and why they chose to finish out their day two by drafting cornerbacks. Obviously, the Bills have their reasons for that whether or not we agree with them or not. The biggest puzzle is no doubt the failure of the Bills to draft an offensive tackle. I can only assume that they are confident enough in the tackles they have on the roster that they did not feel the need for a plan B. In particular, they must be confident that Demetrius Bell is going to be ready sooner rather than later, if not at the very start of the season. They did sign a big kid with both strength and athleticism as a priority undrafted free agent in Joel Bell. He is not going to provide help this year considering his level of competition in college. He seems a lot like Demetrius Bell was last year though, except he wasn't drafted

codabills
04-27-2009, 08:35 AM
I thought they did pretty good this year. According to Buffalo Rumbling, one of the reasons for all the CBs in this years draft was the ones on the roster now are going to be FA next year. I would consider this years draft a foundation draft.

mysticsoto
04-27-2009, 08:50 AM
I think the Bills did okay, but in no way did they have the best draft of the weekend. I'd probably give it to Cincinnati. Unfortunately Miami and New England had great drafts too. And the Jets, Sanchez's performance will dictate whether their trade up was worth it or whether they bombed.

Mike13
04-27-2009, 09:02 AM
Kipers opinion means dick to me..

Mayock and McShay carry more weight
This, Kiper throws a hissy fit whenever a team deviates from his draftboard. He thinks he is god.

AndreReed83
04-27-2009, 11:22 AM
McShay raised my eyebrow when he said before the draft that Matthew Stafford was the best player in the draft and that "he can fit balls into places that no quarterback in the NFL can." That's not taken out of context at all, let it sink in.

He then lost all credibility with me two weeks later when he was praising Sanchez as being better and was giving all reasons Stafford could bust... but then tacked on that, "He can fit balls into places that most starting quarterbacks can't."

Mayock is the only one I like.

Mr. Pink
04-27-2009, 01:26 PM
:rofl: Now Kiper is a genius and all knowledgable.

Prior to this he was a douchebag.

Good stuff.

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2009, 01:40 PM

Good stuff.
Don't be like this tom

HHURRICANE
04-27-2009, 01:47 PM
I recall a draft not to long ago that started out as C- and a year later was upgraded to an A by the media.

No offesne, but it really means nothing.

Realistically Maybin might get 3 or 4 sacks as a rookie, our o-line might be a little better in the middle, and maybe we get a little production out of Nelson because he won't be under too much pressure with the talent around him.

Still a long way away from making the playoffs unless we get some help.

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2009, 01:49 PM
The above post is full of ****

Dr. Lecter
04-27-2009, 01:49 PM
I think the Bills did okay, but in no way did they have the best draft of the weekend. I'd probably give it to Cincinnati. Unfortunately Miami and New England had great drafts too. And the Jets, Sanchez's performance will dictate whether their trade up was worth it or whether they bombed.

I am not sold on Miami or NE's draft. Miami's grade would be higher, but Pat White in the 2nd?

The Spaz
04-27-2009, 01:52 PM
I am not sold on Miami or NE's draft. Miami's grade would be higher, but Pat White in the 2nd?

Yeah I don't get Pat White for Miami. Apparently they told him they drafted him as a QB. So right now Pennington is the QB, Henne is the apparent future and now they drafted White.:idunno:

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2009, 02:03 PM
White will be dynamic in wildcat formations

ddaryl
04-27-2009, 02:09 PM

Good stuff.

not true.. I posted on page 1 that Kiper's opinion means dick to me.

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2009, 02:10 PM
Yay needs to read first daryl

HHURRICANE
04-27-2009, 02:25 PM
The above post is full of ****

Which part? I wonder what first round rookie DEs average in sacks their first year?

Shane Nelson I think has the best chance to contribute because he should be wide open at times with Reed, Evans and Owens running around the field.

As far as the O-line they are rookies. Hard to believe that both Wood and Levitre make the starting lineup.

Mr. Pink
04-27-2009, 02:27 PM
Yay needs to read first daryl

I am illiterate.

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2009, 02:34 PM
Which part? I wonder what first round rookie DEs average in sacks their first year?

Shane Nelson I think has the best chance to contribute because he should be wide open at times with Reed, Evans and Owens running around the field.

As far as the O-line they are rookies. Hard to believe that both Wood and Levitre make the starting lineup.
You tell me.

The Spaz
04-27-2009, 03:06 PM
You tell me.

Ha HH says Shane Nelson...lol

Mike13
04-27-2009, 04:26 PM
White will be dynamic in wildcat formations

Its still a puzzling pick to me, yeah he has a lot of potential for the wildcat, but we had other needs, I would have taken Stintim.

Oaf
04-27-2009, 04:27 PM
Whoever said Kiper's favor concerns them is an idiot. The last few years while we were trying to rationalize our picks, Kiper was ripping them. Look how we've ended up the last few seasons.

I give this draft an B+/A-. Two things that bother me is that, IMO, when you're looking for depth in later rounds, you're better off getting the best of the big bodies, not zone-CBs. Second, I felt we would have been sufficient with either Wood or Levitre and could have used the other pick on a LB.

thenry20
04-27-2009, 04:33 PM
McShay said we had the best draft yesterday then he flip flops and declare NYG the winners! WTF?