X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kid mickey
    • Apr 2009

Is Donte Whitner's roster spot safe?

Dairus Byrd is coming in to compete for the FS spot. Where does that leave Whitner? Is he going to play SS or does Brian Scott take that job? Whitner was talking like the FS spot was his to have on his facebook, but now with his recent arrest the Bills went out and got a Safety, wonder what he is thinking?!?!?
    Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...
  • ParanoidAndroid
    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
    • Apr 2004

Re: Is Donte Whitner's roster spot safe?

Originally posted by kid mickey
    Dairus Byrd is coming in to compete for the FS spot. Where does that leave Whitner? Is he going to play SS or does Brian Scott take that job? Whitner was talking like the FS spot was his to have on his facebook, but now with his recent arrest the Bills went out and got a Safety, wonder what he is thinking?!?!?
    What about Walker?

Comment

• kid mickey
      • Apr 2009

You mean Langston Walker? I don't know yet. Its hard to judge with Walker. He could be on the outs, but it would be a surprise with him. That means that Demetrius Bell is going to be a starter. Not sure how its all gonna play out. Depends on what they see in Bell.
      Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...

Comment

• kid mickey
        • Apr 2009

Going back and watching Fewell's comments on Whitner at the combine has assured me that Whitner is not going to lose his spot on this team. It was pretty far fetched to think that a small thing like an arrest would hamper his spot on this team. He is going to be the SS obviously with Dairus Byrd playing the FS role.

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by andyxc71
          What about Walker?
          why would we out one of our best vet OL ????

I also think Whitner is pretty safe this year...

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
            • Feb 2005

Whitner stays at FS. I see Byrd at SS... 1 of his best attributes is delivering a blow.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
              • Feb 2005

What's up with the lesbian anime adds?

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

I think Whitner's roster spot is safe. I don't know how it will all shake out, but I think Whitner, Scott, and Byrd are going to compete at both safety spots, I don't think Whitner will get shut out in that competition.

I see no reason to suggess Walker could be on his way out either. That just makes no sense to me. Levitre is not going to play tackle for the Bills, period!
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Mahdi
                  • Mar 2004

The Bills have always been happy with Whitner at SS. They were not happy with the FS spot which is why they wanted to move Whitner there to improve it.

Now that they drafted Byrd he will take the FS spot and Whitner will stay in the box where he can act as the Bob Sanders, in the box type.

Comment

• kid mickey
                    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by draz54
                    Whitner stays at FS. I see Byrd at SS... 1 of his best attributes is delivering a blow.
                    No. Man The Bills staff see him(Byrd) as a FS, while Whitner is the hard hitting SS. Plus you can't just cut Whitner. He has his captain rights. Personally I bet Whitner takes Byrd under his wing like he did with McKelvin last year. I fully expect Poz to get a Captain patch though. Kelsay is gonna be stripped of his captain rights.

Comment

• zone
                      No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by draz54
                      What's up with the lesbian anime adds?
                      I have been wondering the same thing for 2 days....

Pretty funny.
                      www.blzbus.com

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                        • Aug 2004

Whitner will start at FS, Scott at SS. But I'd imagine Byrd gets in later in the year to FS while Whitner moves to SS, the best combo on the paper.

Comment

• Mahdi
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
                          Whitner will start at FS, Scott at SS. But I'd imagine Byrd gets in later in the year to FS while Whitner moves to SS, the best combo on the paper.
                          The fact that the Bills thought enough of Byrd to draft him in the second tells me they fully intend to start him. He will have to really drop the ball to end up on the bench for Scott to start.

Comment

• venis2k1
                            Youboty can hope
                            • Jul 2002

No. Man The Bills staff see him(Byrd) as a FS, while Whitner is the hard hitting SS. Plus you can't just cut Whitner. He has his captain rights. Personally I bet Whitner takes Byrd under his wing like he did with McKelvin last year. I fully expect Poz to get a Captain patch though. Kelsay is gonna be stripped of his captain rights.
                            "Captain rights" whatever that is means nothing. Lets remember that Losman and Kelsay were also captains. The best SS and the best FS on the roster will start opening day. One will prolly be Whitner.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                              Pinkerton's son
                              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by zone
                              I have been wondering the same thing for 2 days....

Pretty funny.
                              very odd, I just noticed it before I read this post and was like "wait...that is some girl on girl...umm...???"

Comment

Working...
                              X