PDA

View Full Version : 3 Moves to playoffs

GvilleBills
04-27-2009, 01:32 AM
1. Pay Leroy Hill. Hill, Poz, and Mitchell; crazy fast backups Digi, Ellison, Bowen, and Harris.(Harris looks like he can put 15-20lbs on easy)
2. Trade next years 3rd for John Henderson. Ouch. We have the DL horses in our rotation to keep Schobel, Stroud, Henderson, and Denney/Maybin (Kelsay will prolly be cut) fresh. Front seven to rival any in the league, and you know we're deep at DB ;)
3. Trade next years fifth for Levi Jones. The OL becomes Jones-Levitre-Hangartner-Wood-Walker. Nasty demeanor on that line. We would control the line of scrimmage.
If we needed to sweeten any of the trades, we have player flexibility somewhat.
We would have a top 5 Defense, top 10-15 Offense, and our stellar STs.
Crazier **** has happened...

BillsWin
04-27-2009, 01:52 AM
Don't tease me. That is a championship lineup... :(

Buffalogic
04-27-2009, 01:56 AM
What about Butler?

SeatownBillsFan21
04-27-2009, 01:58 AM
Jones over Butler all day long

Buffalogic
04-27-2009, 01:59 AM
Yeah because the Bengals surely were confident in his diminishing skills...And nobody thinks Butler should play LT lol.

SeatownBillsFan21
04-27-2009, 02:04 AM
Short term I would feel better about Jones not saying it will happen tho. Butler can play the RT spot but i wouldn't mind some competition Right???

Buffalogic
04-27-2009, 02:17 AM
Maybe if he gets cut and signs for Vet minimum. I'd hate for the bills to trade for him. Butler at RT and Langston at LT makes sense to me with the 2 rookies inside. But it all hinges on the development of Demetrius Bell. Wild card is Kirk Chambers because he's a veteran and did fairly well in the opportunities he got to play.

RandolphDuke
04-27-2009, 03:55 AM
Brad Butler should have been drown as an infant. It was a dark day when the Bills drafted such a scumbag.

Historian
04-27-2009, 04:44 AM
1. New Coach
2. New Owner
3. New Lines.

jmb1099
04-27-2009, 05:16 AM
Brad Butler should have been drown as an infant. It was a dark day when the Bills drafted such a scumbag.
What a stupid thing to say

Don't Panic
04-27-2009, 05:49 AM
Butler starts, Hangartner becomes depth and Wood (Kent Hull Jr.) goes right to center.

YardRat
04-27-2009, 05:52 AM
No way this team makes the playoffs with four new faces on the offensive line, two of them rookies.

cpearl
04-27-2009, 08:22 AM
I do not like the Jones speculation. I would rather have Walker move to LT and put Chambers at RT. Let the rest of the guys fight it out for G-C-G.

Since when is Digi "crazy fast."

ddaryl
04-27-2009, 08:25 AM
Levi Jones has had some chronic injury problems and simply cannot play at the same level he used to...

there is a reason why Cincy drafted his replacement. Jones might never return to LT form

Ed
04-27-2009, 11:05 AM
Did I miss something? Is John Henderson of the Jags on the trading block???

superbills
04-27-2009, 12:18 PM
Did I miss something? Is John Henderson of the Jags on the trading block???

There was a thread I think last week about this. I couldn't find it today, but there were rumblings that he was on the block due to the depth that Jacksonville has on their D-Line.

Edit: found that thread:
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=173343&highlight=john+henderson

DrGraves
04-27-2009, 12:19 PM
1. Sign Hill
2. Replace Edwards with proven QB
3. Cut Whitner

clumping platelets
04-27-2009, 12:34 PM
Salary Cap

billogic99
04-27-2009, 12:35 PM
1. Pay Leroy Hill. Hill, Poz, and Mitchell; crazy fast backups Digi, Ellison, Bowen, and Harris.(Harris looks like he can put 15-20lbs on easy)
2. Trade next years 3rd for John Henderson. Ouch. We have the DL horses in our rotation to keep Schobel, Stroud, Henderson, and Denney/Maybin (Kelsay will prolly be cut) fresh. Front seven to rival any in the league, and you know we're deep at DB ;)
3. Trade next years fifth for Levi Jones. The OL becomes Jones-Levitre-Hangartner-Wood-Walker. Nasty demeanor on that line. We would control the line of scrimmage.
If we needed to sweeten any of the trades, we have player flexibility somewhat.
We would have a top 5 Defense, top 10-15 Offense, and our stellar STs.
Crazier **** has happened...

Just wondering, if these 3 moves include the Pats, Jets and Dolphins all having bad seasons this year? I really don't know how we can have a playoff run if those three teams have another season like they did last year. I think the Pats and Dolphins are better coached and I think the Jets may have the best Defense in the division. I think it would take all three division rivals having piss poor seasons for the Bills to make the playoffs, jmo.

The Spaz
04-27-2009, 12:43 PM

Wow what a douche!

HHURRICANE
04-27-2009, 12:53 PM
I really might be starting to hate this place because of the complete stupidity around here.

Brad Butler sucks? The guy played great and I think they just exteneded him. What team are you watching? Dockery and Preston sucked. But Brad Butler played well.

If anything he's getting promoted to RT if we move Walker to LT. By the way I wouldn't touch the right side at all. Let there be a battle between Hangartner, Levitre and Wood for 2 spots. Bring in a vet at LT and let Bell back up.

GvilleBills
04-27-2009, 05:34 PM
What about Butler?
Killer depth

GvilleBills
04-27-2009, 05:36 PM
I do not like the Jones speculation. I would rather have Walker move to LT and put Chambers at RT. Let the rest of the guys fight it out for G-C-G.

Since when is Digi "crazy fast."
He's no slowpoke, but I was really talking about the LB depth in general.

GvilleBills
04-27-2009, 05:40 PM
Salary Cap
You're just the dude I wanted to ask:
Which is the greater cap hit, Henderson/Hill/Jones or Sco/McCargo/Kelsay?

ServoBillieves
04-27-2009, 06:23 PM
I've had wet dreams before too.

No way Henderson goes for a 3rd. Levi Jones comes in, that just means we breed Levitre and let Butler play out his time at RG til Jones is done and he can shift outside.