PDA

View Full Version : Bills to 'explore' looking at Leroy Hill?

Dr. Lecter
04-27-2009, 07:18 AM
http://www.wgr550.com/How-would-Hill-look-in-Bills-blue-/4274769

Canadian'eh!
04-27-2009, 07:21 AM
DO IT!

I'd feel a LOT better about the D with him in there over Ellison. The upgrade is MONUMENTAL, and could really solidify the D.

HHURRICANE
04-27-2009, 07:26 AM
This is the exact move that I'm talking about. Something that says the Bills are ineterested in taking the next step and not just trying to sell tickets.

Sadly, Russ Brandon answered the question like someone who was asked if they'd like a free trip.

justasportsfan
04-27-2009, 07:28 AM
This is the exact move that I'm talking about. Something that says the Bills are ineterested in taking the next step and not just trying to sell tickets.

Sadly, Russ Brandon answered the question like someone who was asked if they'd like a free trip.
no.no.no. IT's not gonna happen. It's all hot air. Bills won't take him so you can leave now.

ddaryl
04-27-2009, 07:33 AM
this is the news I wanted to hear...

kid mickey
04-27-2009, 08:02 AM
Who knows what the Bills are going to do. I'm not sure if they will sign him. That sounds more like something Atlanta will do. They didn't get a linebacker and they hit defense pretty hard in the draft.

Yasgur's Farm
04-27-2009, 08:07 AM
Perfect fit for Bills... This is where we need to overpay now!

ddaryl
04-27-2009, 08:18 AM
no if we overpay for Hill then it will have a cause and effect on other players salaries and will end up with the Peters situation again.

Hill is good , but not 8 mil a year good. Brandon also empasizes the word "Explore" Which ensures us he will not consider him if his asking price is 7 - 8 mil a season.

I honestly don't expect any team ot offer Hill a 7- 8 mil a season deal, so it may be a slight waiting game for his price ot come down to the 5 - 6 mil a year range

acehole
04-27-2009, 08:19 AM

Explain please...

Mahdi
04-27-2009, 08:21 AM
I dont want him. I'd like to see how Nic Harris does in camp before looking for a vet. There will be vets getting cut once teams realize they like their rookies and second year guys.

No worries.

acehole
04-27-2009, 08:21 AM
Offer him a one year like TO...

I bet we do that...it won't piss the players off to much and it gets him here...

no if we overpay for Hill then it will have a cause and effect on other players salries and will end up with the Petrs situation again.

Hill is good , but not 8 mil a year good. Brandon also empasizes the word "Explore" Which ensures us he will not consider him if his asking price is 7 - 8 mil a season.

I honestly don't expect any team ot offer Hill a 7- 8 mil a season deal, so it may be a slight waiting game for his price ot come down to the 5 - 6 mil a year range

ddaryl
04-27-2009, 08:22 AM
I dont want him. I'd like to see how Nic Harris does in camp before looking for a vet. There will be vets getting cut once teams realize they like their rookies and second year guys.

No worries.

you want a late draft pick over a franchiseable player ????????

Harris can be depth

justasportsfan
04-27-2009, 08:22 AM
Explain please...
:tap:
Why acehole? Why?

ddaryl
04-27-2009, 08:23 AM
Offer him a one year like TO...

I bet we do that...it won't piss the players off to much and it gets him here...

maybe but I think if you are going after a player like Hill you go after him and sign him to 4 - 5 year deal.

TO has major baggage that the team wants ot feel out before offering him anything long term, and TO is getting up there i age.

Hill is prime

madness
04-27-2009, 08:23 AM
Explain please...

:fishing:

acehole
04-27-2009, 08:25 AM
:tap:
Why acehole? Why?

I dont get,....the "free trip" tone to what he said is all...

TigerJ
04-27-2009, 08:26 AM
Cool!

ddaryl
04-27-2009, 08:27 AM
I dont get,....the "free trip" tone to what he said is all...

but I think the fear is you've encouraged HH to post again

justasportsfan
04-27-2009, 08:37 AM
but I think the fear is you've encouraged HH to post again
exactly. we're trying to getting him to shut up and leave.

Tatonka
04-27-2009, 08:40 AM
exactly. we're trying to getting him to shut up and leave.

yeah right.. then he cant scream "look at me! look at me!" to crave his desire to get attention.. positive and negative.

Jan Reimers
04-27-2009, 09:29 AM
I like Hill, but not for $7-8 Million. We let Peters walk for just a couple of Mil more, which makes little sense.

I'd look at Nic Harris and Alvin Bowen before committing anywhere near that kind of money.

yordad
04-27-2009, 09:34 AM
We are WAY under the cap. Money shouldn't be the issue.

The Jokeman
04-27-2009, 11:35 AM
Perfect fit for Bills... This is where we need to overpay now!
Yeah he fits right in 1/25/2009: LB Leroy Hill arrested on drug charges (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawks/2008667833_hawk25.html)

venis2k1
04-27-2009, 12:20 PM
1. Yordad, money is ALWAYS an issue.

2. As far as signing Hill creating another "peters situation". Who exactly on our defense would have the balls to say that their play deserves a raise? POZ? Mitchell? Kelsay? Schobel? Whitner? please. Peters was an all pro, most of our D players should feel lucky to have a job. Im sure Poz would be really upset paying next to Hill rather than Ellison.

HHURRICANE
04-27-2009, 12:36 PM
yeah right.. then he cant scream "look at me! look at me!" to crave his desire to get attention.. positive and negative.

It seems that you are obseesed with me. Put me on ignore.

ddaryl
04-27-2009, 12:38 PM
2. As far as signing Hill creating another "peters situation". Who exactly on our defense would have the balls to say that their play deserves a raise? POZ? Mitchell? Kelsay? Schobel? Whitner? please. Peters was an all pro, most of our D players should feel lucky to have a job. Im sure Poz would be really upset paying next to Hill rather than Ellison.

Well he still is not worth 8 million.. and if Poz has a break out year and if Hill were to have a better then Ellis year then yes you can be creating a monetary riff again.

but the bottom line is Hill will not get a contract offer anywhere's near the franchise tag Seattle had on him

yordad
04-27-2009, 12:52 PM
1. Yordad, money is ALWAYS an issue.

2. As far as signing Hill creating another "peters situation". Who exactly on our defense would have the balls to say that their play deserves a raise? POZ? Mitchell? Kelsay? Schobel? Whitner? please. Peters was an all pro, most of our D players should feel lucky to have a job. Im sure Poz would be really upset paying next to Hill rather than Ellison.I agree Money is an issue, I am just saying it shouldn't be.

bigbub2352
04-27-2009, 01:03 PM
Hill would be a huge upgrade and a playmaker
This signing would say we are serious about winning now and not waiting for draft picks to develop

Dr. Lecter
04-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Yeah he fits right in 1/25/2009: LB Leroy Hill arrested on drug charges (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawks/2008667833_hawk25.html)

This has been glossed over too much, imo.

I am not saying they should not sign the guy, but they need to be very careful. They can't overpay a guy who could get into trouble from the commissioner this season. How would it look to lock up Hill, only to see him have to hang with Marshawn for the first 2-3 weeks?

On the other hand, it might lower his asking price.

BillsWin
04-27-2009, 01:36 PM
I would love it to happen.

plundar
04-27-2009, 02:12 PM
DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They won't though...

BILLSROCK1212
04-27-2009, 02:13 PM
Who knows what the Bills are going to do. I'm not sure if they will sign him. That sounds more like something Atlanta will do. They didn't get a linebacker and they hit defense pretty hard in the draft.
they got Peterson bro...

Oaf
04-27-2009, 04:06 PM
This is a Detroit-esque signing. Just my gut..

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2009, 04:18 PM
Is Hill any good. I honestly know NOTHING about him.

X-Era
04-27-2009, 04:21 PM
I dont want him he has bad taste in cars:

"Hill was the only one in the car, a 1975 Buick Electra"

Oaf
04-27-2009, 08:27 PM
Is Hill any good. I honestly know NOTHING about him.
Neither do I.

mercyrule
04-27-2009, 08:33 PM
This has been glossed over too much, imo.

I am not saying they should not sign the guy, but they need to be very careful. They can't overpay a guy who could get into trouble from the commissioner this season. How would it look to lock up Hill, only to see him have to hang with Marshawn for the first 2-3 weeks?

On the other hand, it might lower his asking price.Eh. That's so over-blown.

SeatownBillsFan21
04-27-2009, 08:43 PM
12G 84Tak 63solo 21ast No sacks 26yo 5years in the NFL

Hill is a very athletic linebacker has the kind of speed that allows him to be effective as a blitzer or take-on defender. He has played both the strong side as well as the weak side in his career and gives Seattle a lot of flexibility in its linebacking corps. He has excellent instincts, does a great job of locating the level of the ball and flowing to the play. He is active and consistently ends up near the play at the whistle. He has an explosive pop to him when he makes the tackle and can consistently put the ball carrier on his back. He generally does not stay blocked for long, which is more due to his athleticism than his ability to step up and take on blockers. He is a little undersized and can struggle when matched up on some of the bigger tight ends. He is improving, but still needs to work on his ability to control blockers with his hands and show a quick burst off the block to make the play, as he escapes. He can run himself out of plays when he tries to run around or avoid the block. He gets good depth in his pass drops and can mirror most tight ends on vertical routes or combination routes underneath.

Dying_-2-_Live
04-27-2009, 08:45 PM
This would be a very solid pick up... Go for it

SeatownBillsFan21
04-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Hes going back to Seattle that what im hearing out here anyways

Dying_-2-_Live
04-27-2009, 08:49 PM
Hes going back to Seattle that what im hearing out here anyways
Well, that sucks

Dr. Lecter
04-28-2009, 08:59 AM
It does look like he is staying with the Seahawks and the Bills won't even get a chance.

http://blogs.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2009/04/27/ruskell_says_hawks_still_negotiating_wit

Canadian'eh!
04-28-2009, 09:05 AM
It does look like he is staying with the Seahawks and the Bills won't even get a chance.

http://blogs.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2009/04/27/ruskell_says_hawks_still_negotiating_wit

Angelo Crowell said he's like to stay a Buffalo Bill too.

Money talks. If we offer him enough, he'll sign here. There is always a lot of lip service attached to these situations.

Not that it might NOT be true, maybe he'd even take a discount.... but I bet if you ant him bad enough he can be gotten.

We SHOULD want him pretty bad.

jimbohastle51
04-28-2009, 09:18 AM
the bills are not bringing another LB in. well to start anyway. they drafted nick harris and honestly probably had a high value on him than the 5th round they just knew he couldnt play safety in the NFL and since we were the only cover 2 team looking for a LB we knew he would be there for us late and he was. we flew him to buffalo and worked him out, and were heavily at the oklahoma proday and everyone assumed it was for offensive linemen. obviously they want this kid to challenge ellison or win the the job from ellison. keiaho i could see them picking up if they put a 1 or 2 year offer out at a lowball price and because of zero interest he signed with us but i dont even know if they will do that now because they really want harris to be our OLB.