In all honesty, I will judge the draft...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billsfanone
    Majored in Home Economics
    • Sep 2008

In all honesty, I will judge the draft...

...when I see what these guys can do on the field. No use agonizing over it now. No way to tell if someone is solid or a bust.
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: In all honesty, I will judge the draft...

who's agonizing besides our resident agonizers..

but you are correct the only way to know for sure is to watch them play for the team

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Absolutely correct, but the naysayers seem to know - even before the first rookie camp, let alone the three years or so it takes to evaluate any draft - that it sucks already.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

you can only go with what looks good on paper right now. 3-4 years is reasonable time to grade it.
        Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

Honestly, shortly after the draft it always looks like EVERY team got at least a little bit better. Even the Jets, with their 3 draft picks, seemed to have upgraded slightly.

However, it's true that we won't know for sure until they hit the field. Some teams could have a rash of injuries to one position (e.g. Washington Redskins at DE last year), thus showing their lack of depth at the position.

We'll have to see which draftees live up to the hype and which ones don't.
          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

Working...
          X