Clear All
  • seanbillsfan
    • May 2007

Bills decision to load up on DBs

I really liked our draft but I wish I knew what our plan is at LT
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Re: Bills decision to load up on DBs

Exactly, someone gets it. 4 DBs and no tackle was ******ed. For me, this is plan and simple.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

usuomojinga (4/27/2009 at 9:39 AM) Come on, Tim, those numbers are a little disingenuous. If you're going to count Nic Harris as a DB, despite their stated intention to play him at LB, then you have to count Levitre as a tackle, despite plans to move him inside.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

we needed a Safety and we needed a OLB.. they drafted them.

then with the last two picks of the draft, they grabbed 2 cornerbacks, as if we spend that pick on LT (like Bell last year) we would have solved the issue at tackle?

peoples attitudes would be totally different if they just listed Harris as a OLB and Byrd as a FS. i dont get why it is so hard to grasp. every pick filled a position of need.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

I think it says we like Walker, Butler, Chambers and Bell just fine at tackle. I think it says we don't like our FS position much, thus the acquisition of Byrd to play there in place of Simpson, Whitner or Wilson.

With Byrd selected to play FS and Nic Harris to play OLB, we really drafted "only" 3 DBs, including a safety, and the 2 CBs were taken as good value picks in the 6th and 7th rounds.

And we have a number of DBs coming up on Free Agency.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
            I think it says we like Walker, Butler, Chambers and Bell just fine at tackle. I think it says we don't like our FS position much, thus the acquisition of Byrd to play there in place of Simpson, Whitner or Wilson.

With Byrd selected to play FS and Nic Harris to play OLB, we really drafted "only" 3 DBs, including a safety, and the 2 CBs were taken as good value picks in the 6th and 7th rounds.

And we have a number of DBs coming up on Free Agency.
            thats what i just said.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

DB have the speed to play on special teams. April must be very happy.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mysticsoto
                Too sober for this...
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
                we needed a Safety and we needed a OLB.. they drafted them.

then with the last two picks of the draft, they grabbed 2 cornerbacks, as if we spend that pick on LT (like Bell last year) we would have solved the issue at tackle?

peoples attitudes would be totally different if they just listed Harris as a OLB and Byrd as a FS. i dont get why it is so hard to grasp. every pick filled a position of need.
                Every position of need except DT. I would have liked a late round DT prospect rather than 2 at a position that we are already loaded with. It doesn't kill the rest of the draft that was decent, but it would have been the cherry on the cake.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                  thats what i just said.

I'm a very slow typist, or keyboardist, or whatever.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

I was hoping the article would answer the question, not just pose it again. I think we are all well aware of the question.

I don't think drafting a couple more DBs at the tail end of the draft has a whole lot to do with the issue. Buffalo would not likely get any more help this year out of a sixth or seventh round left tackle than they will out of Joel Bell, whom they signed after the draft as a priority undrafted free agent.

Since Buffalo did not draft an offensive tackle in the top three rounds of the draft, (Levitre, an offensive tackle in college, doesn't count) the players currently on the roster are Buffalo's defacto "Plan A." One would hope that they will acquire Jones or find some other "Plan B" just in case Plan A just doesn't cut it.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Every position of need except DT. I would have liked a late round DT prospect rather than 2 at a position that we are already loaded with. It doesn't kill the rest of the draft that was decent, but it would have been the cherry on the cake.
                      what would be a cherry on top would be if our new dline coach that is supposed to be so sweet got mccargo to show the promise we saw 2 years ago. this was also a VERY weak draft for DTs too.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                        I'm a very slow typist, or keyboardist, or whatever.
                        grader.

Comment

• jamze132
                          • Jun 2003

Well rumor has it Levi Jones could soon be on the market. And not drafting anyone to play the LT position tells us that the FO thinks highly of Demetrius Bell.

Comment

Working...
                          X