PDA

View Full Version : Flip the script... Bills FO had a good draft!

jamze132
04-27-2009, 11:06 AM
For all the naysayers. We had a pretty damn good draft. It will definitely be intersting when camp opens to see where everyone is playing. I think this might turnout to be one of our best drafts this decade. And it's about time, the decade is almost over, along with our suck streak. GO BILLS!!!

Pinkerton Security
04-27-2009, 11:10 AM
i hope we can all agree that while we may not have gotten the guy that (insert naysayer's name here) wanted at spot (insert pick), but we addressed needs FOR THE MOST PART. Our biggest needs:

-DE (Maybin is considered to be either the best or 2nd best pass rusher in the draft)
- OL (We got 2 highly touted lineman - i am disappointed that we didnt get a tackle, but for now I can see the versatility our picks provide and HOPE the FO places our players at right spots, or picks up a real tackle)
- TE ( I really like Nelson, hes more of the pass-catching variety and has lots of upside)

I said before if we addressed these 3 areas, I'd be happy. And so I am.

nateodoms'bff
04-27-2009, 11:13 AM
I couldnt agree more! Finally someone says it.

This is the best draft that this team has had in years. Marv Levy did a tremendous amount of damage to this team with bad contracts and bad picks.

The O-Line is set for years now. Finally! Adding Maybin, to me, is like the McGahee pick. You take a guy who has potential, who doesn't have to step in right away on every down. If he earns the spot, then that is all gravy, but they have the rights to a dynamic, hard working pass rusher. I love the pick.

Byrd, to me, was a great pick also. Who cares where he was drafted? Who cares about losing a 4th rd pick for Levitre? Mel Kiper, and all of the naysayers on this board. The Bills got the the best Center in the draft and the best Guard in the draft. Two needs that were filled. They drafted depth at CB, in the late rounds. They are speed guys, who will play into the ST's role nicely.

Nic Harris to me is the key to this draft though. IF he turns out to be a quality SLB, then they addressed every need this team had, in one draft. Not bad. now with some better play calling, maybe this team is more competitive than last year. At least talent isnt the question mark on this team anymore.

BillsWin
04-27-2009, 11:21 AM
If we only had a quarterback.......... jk, but seriously NO excuses for Trent this season. He has more weapons than a small army.