PDA

View Full Version : Armchair Scout 2009

The Spaz
04-27-2009, 01:10 PM
It looks like the so called draft experts are pretty mixed on what the Bills were able to accomplish on draft weekend in terms of their eight draft selections. Below is our annual rundown of draft reviews from some of the more prominent national media outlets on how they feel Buffalo fared in the 2009 draft.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/armchair-scout-2009/c5eacf8d-f574-4c4f-a987-9811da0b7bca

Pinkerton Security
04-27-2009, 01:14 PM
the only reason anyone criticizes is the fact that we didnt get a tackle. Im sure the Bills have some plan in place (one would hope) in which players will move around. Does the media think we didnt draft a tackle so we're just not going to put someone there at all?? I myself will be interested to see who is playing tackle for us this season, but Levitre and Wood give us lots of options.

The Spaz
04-27-2009, 01:15 PM
Jason Cole has to be a moron.

justasportsfan
04-27-2009, 01:17 PM
I guess you could average it out to B.

On *****so's question on LT. I doubt you could've grabbed an LT that would've made a difference unless you grabbed the top one in this draft. If we did that, we'd look stupid anyways since a top LT salary would be close to Peters'.

I feel better with the bills looking for someone already on the roster to do so (instead of a rookie protecting Trents blind side) and hopefully it's Walker and hope it pans out as well. Just make sure we're ready when Walker wants a raise as an LT.

Saratoga Slim
04-27-2009, 01:54 PM
the only reason anyone criticizes is the fact that we didnt get a tackle. Im sure the Bills have some plan in place (one would hope) in which players will move around. Does the media think we didnt draft a tackle so we're just not going to put someone there at all?? I myself will be interested to see who is playing tackle for us this season, but Levitre and Wood give us lots of options.

Exactly. This is the same as the commentary on Sirius' draft day coverage. Everyone (Kirwin, Brandt etc) loves the guys we got, but they question the fact that we didn't take a LT to replace Peters.

I actually feel better that we didn't because it suggests that the Bills DID have a plan for replacing Peters with someone other than a 1st round rookie. As numerous posters suggested prior to the draft, had we taken a LT at #11, it would have meant that we not only lost Peters, but by using the #11 pick to replace him as opposed to using it to otherwise improve the team, it would be the same as if we just moved down from #11 to #28. The loss of Peters would have essentially meant that we downgraded from Peters to an unproven rookie as well as sacrificed the opportunity to improve the pass rush etc. by adding a top-tier 1st rounder.

Here, at least there's the possibility that Walker is ready to play LT or that Bell is really an up-and-comer, and that we therefore have an acceptable substitute for Peters while a) not wasting the 11th pick on a replacement LT, and b) having rec'd the extra picks that allowed us to take Wood and trade up for Levitre.

If Bell plays LT and plays it reasonably well, there's a chance that trading Peters will work out very well for this team in the long run. If that happens, losing Peters will have given us the chance to draft Wood & Levitre without having to blow anything on a new LT.

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2009, 02:57 PM
It looks like the so called draft experts are pretty mixed on what the Bills were able to accomplish on draft weekend in terms of their eight draft selections. Below is our annual rundown of draft reviews from some of the more prominent national media outlets on how they feel Buffalo fared in the 2009 draft.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/armchair-scout-2009/c5eacf8d-f574-4c4f-a987-9811da0b7bca
Are they really that Mixed? Seems as if mostly As and Bs....