PDA

View Full Version : Patriots wanted Wood?

The Spaz
04-27-2009, 01:56 PM
According to SI.com’s Peter King the New England Patriots were hot on the trail of Eric Wood in the bottom half of round one. Here’s what King relays in his MMQB column.

I was told last night the Patriots loved Eric Wood, the Louisville center who projected to center or guard in the NFL, but if that’s the case, they could have had him at 26 instead of trading out of the round for yet more picks. So I remain mystified about the continued trading rather than picking.

New England was busy for most of the weekend trading back.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/04/27/patriots-wanted-wood/

RandolphDuke
04-27-2009, 01:58 PM
Peter King is an enigma wrapped in a fajita wrapped in a chocolate pie.

The Spaz
04-27-2009, 01:59 PM
Can this guy be towed away? Thanks.

Pinkerton Security
04-27-2009, 02:00 PM
Yes, the Patriots do love wood...

just had to be said.

baalworship
04-27-2009, 02:01 PM
Maybe they like Wood but wanted to use one of their 100 2nd rounders on him. Plus they like looking smart.

BillsWin
04-27-2009, 02:03 PM
The Bills got Wood!

Pinkerton Security
04-27-2009, 02:08 PM
The Bills got Wood!

and the Patriots wanted our Wood.

...it never gets old!

ddaryl
04-27-2009, 02:18 PM
couldn't Bellicheck just bend over and receive Bradys wood, if he wanted wood that bad

Heck the NFL commisioner did, and they created rule especially for Brady.

you're right Billswin and pinkdogg32 it just does not get old

We need to produce a Bills T-Shirt in the mold of the old milk commericals ......... Got Wood ?

BillsWin
04-27-2009, 02:19 PM
and the Patriots wanted our Wood.

...it never gets old!

Wilfork will try to beat our wood...

ddaryl
04-27-2009, 02:22 PM
Wilfork will try to beat our wood...

:limpclap:

he can try to beat our wood, but then will just rise back up with Levitre

oh this is fun :duel:

Mr. Pink
04-27-2009, 02:33 PM
Apparently they didn't want him that much cuz they kept moving down.

Bmax
04-27-2009, 02:50 PM
Ok Guys ...The steelers loved wood also....

Looks like the Bills are getting flack about a pick that others liked almost as much as us.

ddaryl
04-27-2009, 02:58 PM
Ok Guys ...The steelers loved wood also....

Pittsburgh is the steel city, they're not allowed to have wood

mysticsoto
04-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Well if the Patriots wanted Wood then I think it's great that we stuck it to them. There are many saying that the Patriots traded back their 1st rounder to allow Baltimore to take OT Oher from us who we would have likely taken had he been there.

Oaf
04-27-2009, 04:09 PM
Well that is obviously untrue because they had him in their laps at 26 and traded out. I would have been fine with just getting Levitre in the 2nd because then we would have had Matthews at 28. Actually, I think I prefer that scenario.

kid mickey
04-27-2009, 04:38 PM
Honestly I don't buy into any of the crap. If the Pats wanted Wood the could of got Wood. Also it didn't matter if Minnesota didn't trade up for Oher. We weren't moving for him. Minnesota got spooked because we had Oher on the news the night before the draft. The only guy the Bills jumped for was Levitre. Guess they really wanted to get in on the action.

mysticsoto
04-27-2009, 05:01 PM
Well that is obviously untrue because they had him in their laps at 26 and traded out. I would have been fine with just getting Levitre in the 2nd because then we would have had Matthews at 28. Actually, I think I prefer that scenario.

That really doesn't mean anything. The Patriots like to draft based on getting good value for a draft pick. As such, they likely felt Wood was an early 2nd rd pick. After all how often do 2 Centers go in rd 1? Not very often...and they likely never believed we would have taken him since they felt we had gotten a C already thru FA.

PromoTheRobot
04-27-2009, 06:37 PM
It doesn't matter becuase Mike Schoop on WGR said Bill Belichick is a genius and every move he makes in the draft is a genius move, like drafting a long snapper in the 6th round, and whatever they do they do for a good reason because they are geniuses.

PTR

yordad
04-27-2009, 10:53 PM
[/URL]
[URL="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2009/draft/teams/bills.html"]Buffalo (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2009/draft/teams/bills.html). Strange, I thought. Needing a tackle with the loss of Jason Peters (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/7122) in trade to Philly, the Bills really liked Eben Britton (who, from the sound of things, really likes himself, as you'll see in Quote of the Week a few notes south of here), yet put a guard/tackle from Louisville, Eric Wood, over him in an upset ... I like Aaron Maybin, but he didn't have a long apprenticeship at Penn State, starting only a year ... Mystified they didn't take a tackle in eight picks over the weekend.

ALL D
04-27-2009, 11:45 PM
After Eric throws down his first great block and Trent is ready to take the next snap with his hands between Woods legs, will he say "nice wood"???? :puke:

bledslow
04-28-2009, 11:06 AM
urban legend--Peter king is a monster re-tard. Of all the insiders that was on weei(boston radio) the last week,this is the first iv'e heard of this. The pats have no need for this stiff of a player.

The Spaz
04-28-2009, 11:37 AM
urban legend--Peter king is a monster re-tard. Of all the insiders that was on weei(boston radio) the last week,this is the first iv'e heard of this. The pats have no need for this stiff of a player.

A stiff wood huh?:hump: