PDA

View Full Version : Crown on Stadium Turf

Turf
05-16-2003, 06:34 AM
Does anyone know if the large crown on the stadium turf will remain as high with the new astroplay being put in? I think we've always had one of the highest crowns in the league. I wonder if that's going to be reduced cause it will cause adjustments for the players used to playing at the Ralph.

HenryRules
05-16-2003, 08:06 AM
I don't think we really have too many players that are used to playing at the Ralph, so it shouldn't be a problem.

That's partly tongue-in-cheek, but when you look at it, most of our starters on both sides of the ball will be playing with the Bills for the first or second time in their careers.

Turf
05-16-2003, 09:47 AM
I think the QB and WR's have the biggest adjustments on the sideline patterns. I remember OJ used to know where to stop and cut back on the crown to get the best leverage over the defensive players.
I guess my point is, do the need as big a crown with the new drainage properties of the astroplay.

Lone Stranger
05-16-2003, 05:28 PM
Point is moot since it would be quite a job to level off the concrete base.

Nighthawk
05-17-2003, 02:45 PM
The large crown that the Bills had was actually made a ton smaller when they did the renovations at the Ralph and put the "new" old turf in. The crown is not that large anymore...if there's one at all.

Turf
05-17-2003, 08:12 PM
I was not aware of that Nighthawk.
I can see Ralph and TD with their shirts off now operating the jackhammer. No, no, no maybe I can't...........

The_Philster
05-17-2003, 08:18 PM
:eek: That's not a pretty image

Nighthawk
05-17-2003, 08:50 PM
Hey, no problem...TH.

That's the great thing about this site...if somebody needs some info, there is sure to be somebody who has the answer!

BADTHINGSMAN
05-18-2003, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Nighthawk
Hey, no problem...TH.

That's the great thing about this site...if somebody needs some info, there is sure to be somebody who has the answer!

AMEN

Cntrygal
05-18-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Nighthawk
Hey, no problem...TH.

:up:

Fat Tony
05-18-2003, 10:52 AM
To be honest- I sat in the Endzone last season and don't remember the crown being that big if at all.

Turf
05-18-2003, 11:43 AM
Well I guess that big old crown is already gone, and I didn't know it.