X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Turf
    • Jul 2002

Crown on Stadium Turf

Does anyone know if the large crown on the stadium turf will remain as high with the new astroplay being put in? I think we've always had one of the highest crowns in the league. I wonder if that's going to be reduced cause it will cause adjustments for the players used to playing at the Ralph.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.
  • HenryRules
    • Jul 2002

I don't think we really have too many players that are used to playing at the Ralph, so it shouldn't be a problem.

That's partly tongue-in-cheek, but when you look at it, most of our starters on both sides of the ball will be playing with the Bills for the first or second time in their careers.

Comment

• Travis Hunter
      • Jul 2002

I think the QB and WR's have the biggest adjustments on the sideline patterns. I remember OJ used to know where to stop and cut back on the crown to get the best leverage over the defensive players.
      I guess my point is, do the need as big a crown with the new drainage properties of the astroplay.
      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Lone Stranger
        • Sep 2002

Point is moot since it would be quite a job to level off the concrete base.

Comment

• Nighthawk
          Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
          • Jul 2002

The large crown that the Bills had was actually made a ton smaller when they did the renovations at the Ralph and put the "new" old turf in. The crown is not that large anymore...if there's one at all.

Comment

• Travis Hunter
            • Jul 2002

I was not aware of that Nighthawk.
            I can see Ralph and TD with their shirts off now operating the jackhammer. No, no, no maybe I can't...........

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

That's not a pretty image
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Nighthawk
                Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                • Jul 2002

Hey, no problem...TH.

That's the great thing about this site...if somebody needs some info, there is sure to be somebody who has the answer!

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                  • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                  Hey, no problem...TH.

That's the great thing about this site...if somebody needs some info, there is sure to be somebody who has the answer!
                  AMEN

Comment

• Cntrygal
                    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                    Hey, no problem...TH.

Originally posted by notacon
                    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Fat Tony
                      • Sep 2002

To be honest- I sat in the Endzone last season and don't remember the crown being that big if at all.

Comment

• Travis Hunter
                        • Jul 2002

Well I guess that big old crown is already gone, and I didn't know it.

Comment

Working...
                        X