X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

Shawn Nelson

This could be the guy we've been waiting for, for years. Tall, athletic, and runs the 40 in 4.5. Hes used to running the spread offense so he'll be able to lineup off the line well and create mis-matches. 2nd in school history for receptions as a tight end is saying something, im pumped for this kid.

Nice video on him here:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by FlyingDutchman; 04-27-2009, 04:51 PM.
  • seanbillsfan
    • May 2007

Re: Shawn Nelson

Im glad we got him instead of pettigrew

Comment

• nateodoms'bff
      • Dec 2008

He's impressive.

I hope that he helps this team. From the sounds of his interview, he didn't sound to happy. I hope that's a chip on his shoulder, and not because he was drafted by the Bills.

Comment

• nateodoms'bff
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by seanbillsfan
        Im glad we got him instead of pettigrew

That's not true.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
          • Apr 2005

Was nice to hear on the video that he makes the hard plays look easy, which is better than the usual easy plays look hard. His best game was against a very tough Auburn defense

Comment

• seanbillsfan
            • May 2007

Originally posted by nateodoms'bff
            That's not true.
            True story

Comment

• ct bills fan
              • Jul 2002

I was at the draft and a bunch of us wanted him from the time Day 2 started, we had to wait around 3 hours, of course, for the pick. When we drafted him, we went nuts - nobody thought he'd last to our pick and when he did, we figured they'd screw it up and take a CB. It took the Bills about 15 seconds to hand in the card after the previous pick was made - that was a good sign.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                • Apr 2005

Pettigrew is a solid player with butter soft hands but I dont think Nelson is that far off him. This is going to be refreshing to have a receiving TE for once. With T.O now, and an fixed interior line, this offense might actually stand a chance

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by ct bills fan
                  I was at the draft and a bunch of us wanted him from the time Day 2 started, we had to wait around 3 hours, of course, for the pick. When we drafted him, we went nuts - nobody thought he'd last to our pick and when he did, we figured they'd screw it up and take a CB. It took the Bills about 15 seconds to hand in the card after the previous pick was made - that was a good sign.
                  yeah this was the only pick that i actually screamed out of excitement for

Comment

• kid mickey
                    • Apr 2009

He sounded depressed on his phone conference. Like he was upset that he landed in the fourth round. I don't know maybe he is just naturally that way.
                    Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
                      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by kid mickey
                      He sounded depressed on his phone conference. Like he was upset that he landed in the fourth round. I don't know maybe he is just naturally that way.
                      yeah hopefully he was just upset that he slipped to the 4th round. i'd assume thats quite a bit of $$ he loses out on. if i were a player in the draft the only teams i wouldnt want to get drafted by would be the raiders and the lions, for obvious reasons.

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

Nelson in the fourth destroys Pettigrew in the first. Slam dunk.
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• BillsWin
                          man amongst boys
                          • Oct 2008

Offensive rookie of the year. Any takers?
                          I am The Batman.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
                            Pettigrew is a solid player with butter soft hands but I dont think Nelson is that far off him.
                            Well said, my friend. My opinion (which probably means jack s**t) is that he is only marginally less valuable than Pettigrew overall, at a MAJOR discount. This guy can be a receiving TE, and if he bulks up can be a blocker as well.

I may be crazy (and many of you Zoners would agree that I am) but I think that Fine will be Fine, and that Nelson is going to be a difference maker.

Another big, quick receiver. I only pray that TO can teach James Hardy how to run a route. If that happens, we will have 3 big receivers to deal with....

Comment

• cocamide
                              • Oct 2006

TO, Evans, Nelson, Reed, Johnson, and hopefully Hardy. Wow! Just imagine what TO, Nelson, and Hardy could do in the redzone.

Comment

Working...
                              X