PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on our draft

Sportsuser101
04-28-2009, 02:48 PM
DE Aaron Maybin - Penn State

I absolutely love this pick and I have been a big Maybin fan from day 1. I have stated it on here and I was very happy to see them get him instead of Orakpo. I had him ranked as the best defensive end in the draft and to get the guy who i think exactly what we needed at #11 is a nice pick.

OC Eric Wood - Louisville

We definetly needed help on the offensive line. I thought they would go Britton here but im not against this pick at all. He is very strong and has the toughness you look for in an offensive lineman. He's also supposely very smart. He can play guard or center. Wood was the 2nd best center behind Mack

CB Jairus Byrd - Oregon

We needed depth in the secondary and ill be honest I dont know much about Byrd but the more I read the more I like. I really thought they would go with Levitre at this point and was disappointed they didn't. Alot of people said Loadholt but i'm not a big fan of his at all. Byrd adds much needed depth in the secondary. Most people had Byrd as the 4th or 5th best corner in the draft behind Davis, Jenkins, and Butler.

OG Andy Levitre - Oregon State

I absolutely loved this move. Moving up to grab the guy I wanted them to get earlier without giving up much at all. Yet another guy in that interior line that has a nasty streak. He could possibly play RT as well if need be.

TE Shawn Nelson - Southern Miss

Like most people I love this pick. And when they were on the clock was begging for them to take him. Why did he fall this far? He is exactly what this team needed to cap off a strong draft.

Nic Harris adds depth and possible flexibility with the safety and outside linebacker positions. Cary Harris is a project at corner and Lankster may be just a special teamer if he makes the team.

This is 1 of my favorite drafts over the last couple years because alot of analysts aren't going to say wow about this draft but this has made our team very strong and has added much needed depth. I think we have 5 starters from this draft right away with Cary Harris possibly becoming a starter if he emerges in a couple years.

Jan Reimers
04-28-2009, 02:51 PM
Byrd - a tad slow, but a great leaper and ball hawk - will play FS for us, which makes this draft even better.

psubills62
04-28-2009, 02:57 PM
Byrd - a tad slow, but a great leaper and ball hawk - will play FS for us, which makes this draft even better.

Agree. I could not care less if the guy is slow...we NEED playmakers on this defense. We've got a bunch of average guys who are just solid players, but none of them really make a difference. We needed a guy like Ed Reed, who can come up with a big INT. I love the Byrd pick.

kid mickey
04-28-2009, 03:18 PM
I think Nic Harris is the guy I like the most out of this draft. Not saying any of the other picks were good, they were I just think he will be awesome on the football field. He is gonna challenge Ellison for that sam spot.