PDA

View Full Version : 2009 College Players to Watch

psubills62
04-28-2009, 02:54 PM
This is mainly a thread where people can list 2009 college football who may become hot prospects come April 2010.

You can name the guys who are already well known (e.g. Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy, Jermaine Gresham, Russell Okung, etc.), but I'd kind of like to know about guys who may be on your favorite team, or who play on a team that you watch all the time, etc.

The guys I'm going to put out there are two PSU defensive players who have had some off-the-field trouble this offseason, but are incredible players on the field.

Jared Odrick, DT. 6'5", 300 pounds. In 2008, had 9.5 TFL with 4.5 sacks, 3 PBU, 1 QB hurries and a forced fumble.

Navarro Bowman, LB. 6'1", 230 pounds. In 2008, he had 16.5 TFL with 4 sacks, 5 PBU, 2 forced fumbles and 1 INT.

Odrick is a force up the middle, and he seems to be mostly a penetrator with good strength. Bowman is an absolute beast at OLB and would be a HUGE upgrade for the Bills, imo. He has great tackling form, and plays bigger than 230 lbs. He's pretty decent in coverage, but not a bad blitzer either. Bowman is a red-shirt junior, so he could stay another year but will probably declare for the draft after 2009.

scartown
04-28-2009, 05:14 PM
Here are a few of my players to watch out for. I'll keep adding more through out the spring and summer. Next years draft will be stacked.

DT Ndamukong Suh Nebraska
DT Gerald McCoy Oklahoma
LT Anthony Davis Rutgers
SS Eric Berry Tennessee
WR Arrelious Benn Illinois
ILB Brandon Spikes Florida
LB Mark Herzlich BC
RB Jonathan Dwyer Georgia Tech
LT Bryan Bulaga Iowa

X-Era
04-28-2009, 06:19 PM
I plan to add my list of top prospects in the next few weeks.

psubills62
04-28-2009, 07:10 PM
Awesome, thanks guys.

Anyone know what position is supposed to be deep in the 2010 draft? It looks to me like safety is at least two deep (Berry, Mays), and there are some excellent DT's who should be entering the draft (Suh, McCoy).

TigerJ
04-28-2009, 10:08 PM
WalterFootball.com maintains a nice database of players who will be, or may be draft eligible in 2010. You can buy into his rankings or not as you wish.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010QB.php

psubills62
04-29-2009, 09:29 PM
WalterFootball.com maintains a nice database of players who will be, or may be draft eligible in 2010. You can buy into his rankings or not as you wish.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010QB.php

Thanks!

I actually did see that around the time I was starting the thread. But honestly, I've found that many times I do not agree with that website. I'm just looking for some discussion about prospects next year.

TigerJ
04-30-2009, 08:24 AM
I did not intend to report that website as an authoritative voice on the way players should be ranked. It has quite a few names, a few brief comments on most of them and at least a guestimate on some measurables. If the third best player or the fifth best player in Walter's ranking at a particular position is the player you think is the guy you really covet, I have no problem with that. Walter's ranking will itself change dozens of times before next year's draft. I'm all in favor of discussion and multiple opinions.

tampabay25690
04-30-2009, 06:30 PM
Florida Gators:

Tim tebow 1st choice here. I want to see if he changes some mechanics to be an NFL QB.

Brandon Spikes--Best ILB in the nation will be a top 10 NFL draft choice.

Carlos Dunlap DE--He will be a 1st round draft pick the guy is built like Julius Peppers, last year had 9.5 sacks.

Really the rest of the team, this may be the best tea, that ever stepped foot in Gainesville.
This team is loaded at every position and probably has the best secondary in the country. They have ever single player back on there defense.......

TigerJ
05-01-2009, 08:05 AM
Dunlap could be first overall and this next season would have to be almost adisaster for him to fall out of the top 5. All of that means we can't even think about getting him at the moment.