View Full Version : My entire AFC Draft "Likes" and "Dislikes"

Coach Sal
04-28-2009, 09:02 PM
Thought I'd do something a little different from the same old grades:

http://www.salsports.com/2009AFCDraftAnalysis.htm

My NFC analysis will be up tomorrow.

dplus47
04-28-2009, 09:25 PM
thanks, coach, that was concise and easy to read.

i was wondering why the bills didn't at least get a tackle for depth. that was interesting to me. that one question aside, the bills' draft made more sense to me than many of their recent drafts, and i think they did well overall.

as for parcells' "veering off course" by selecting white, he apparently told charlie casserley that he was going to take white sometime last fall. i'm not worried about davis, because if he doesn't respond well to coaching, he's not likely to last long under sparano, and if he does respond well to coaching, he'll be a real player.

Night Train
04-29-2009, 04:56 AM
People are crapping on the Jets for giving up 3 role players (who?) plus the picks for Sanchez.

It's a gamble but not much of one at all for a future starting QB.

elltrain22
04-29-2009, 05:06 AM
Very good read Coach!!:goodpost:

Jan Reimers
04-29-2009, 07:11 AM
Great job as usual, Coach.

mybills
04-29-2009, 07:52 AM
Who got Brett Ratliff? IMO, that was a mistake on the Jets part. He already had some experience, and he wasn't horrible.

EDS
04-29-2009, 08:03 AM
Who got Brett Ratliff? IMO, that was a mistake on the Jets part. He already had some experience, and he wasn't horrible.

Ratliff was one of the three players shipped to Cleveland in the draft to get the 5th pick.

I actually think the safety, Elam, will be a really good addition to the Browns defense.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-29-2009, 08:06 AM
Count me as one of the minority who believes White will be a productive pro quarterback, even though he may be asked change positions in Miami.

So does that make him a productive quarterback or nfl player?

EDS
04-29-2009, 08:10 AM
Didn't the Pats sign Fred Taylor to help their running game?

Mr. Pink
04-29-2009, 08:26 AM

I'd honestly be shocked if Ratliff makes the roster to be honest.

The Browns brought Graham Harrell into camp as a UDFA.

Unless they plan on moving either DA or Quinn prior to the start of the season, I wouldn't expect Ratliff to stick.

I do like the pickup of Abram Elam, a guy the Browns tried to get as an RFA, that the Jets matched.

kernowboy
04-29-2009, 12:46 PM
CoachSal, didn't the Steelers grab Kraig Urbik in the 3rd - he's an interior OL

dplus47
04-29-2009, 03:40 PM
People are crapping on the Jets for giving up 3 role players (who?) plus the picks for Sanchez.

It's a gamble but not much of one at all for a future starting QB.

i didn't think they gave up a lot in that trade. i think the browns could/should have squeezed them a little more.

dplus47
04-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Count me as one of the minority who believes White will be a productive pro quarterback, even though he may be asked change positions in Miami.

if i had to guess this early on: white will get snaps in the wildcat formation and maybe a few other formations this year. that can build his confidence, being on the field in a limited role where the plays are designed around his strengths.

he'll eventually become the backup when henne takes the job in a year or so, while still seeing the field in special personnel packages. it sounds crazy or like a college team, but i think that's where they're going.

Coach Sal
04-29-2009, 04:00 PM
CoachSal, didn't the Steelers grab Kraig Urbik in the 3rd - he's an interior OL

He's an OT.

Interior OL are Centers and Guards.

Coach Sal
04-29-2009, 04:03 PM

I believe he would be a productive pro QB if he stays at that position.

I don't think he's going to be a productive WR, or whatever other position they may put him in.

hammerbillsfan
04-29-2009, 05:54 PM
good read Coach! :up:

Night Train
04-29-2009, 06:30 PM
He's an OT.

Interior OL are Centers and Guards.

Urbik is a Guard. He started some at RT but mostly at Guard, where everyone projects him in the NFL.