PDA

View Full Version : Looking into the future

kid mickey
04-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Who thinks this year Chris Kelsay will be cut? I do. Depending on what Aaron Schobel does this year will determine what we do next year as far as DE's. In all honesty if he doesn't do some serious performing I see his ass getting cut and the Bills drafting another DE in the first round next year. What do you guys think?

ArcticWildMan
04-28-2009, 09:59 PM
If McCargo doesn't start playing better, DT will be our next 1st round pick.

OpIv37
04-28-2009, 10:18 PM
it depends on Ellis as well. But I wouldn't be surprised if Kelsay gets cut. They already tried to trade him, and his salary does not match his performance. Honestly, I don't think the drop off between Kelsay and Denney is that great.

If Ellis shows something in camp, it wouldn't surprise me to see them go with Schobel, Denney, Ellis and Maybin with Spencer Johnson rotating in on occasion (he did that last year a little as well).

kid mickey
04-28-2009, 10:21 PM
it depends on Ellis as well. But I wouldn't be surprised if Kelsay gets cut. They already tried to trade him, and his salary does not match his performance. Honestly, I don't think the drop off between Kelsay and Denney is that great.

If Ellis shows something in camp, it wouldn't surprise me to see them go with Schobel, Denney, Ellis and Kelsay with Spencer Johnson rotating in on occasion (he did that last year a little as well).

What about Maybin? I honestly think the Bills view him as a LE. Your thoughts on that?

kid mickey
04-28-2009, 10:24 PM
I like this kid out of Pitt next year to take Schobel's job.

Yasgur's Farm
04-29-2009, 06:12 AM
As of now...

DE rotation...
1st tier... Schobel, Ellis
2nd tier... Denney, Maybin

DT rotation...
1st tier... Stroud, McCargo
2nd tier... Williams, Johnson

'10 needs...
2 DE's
2 DT's
1 OLB
1 WR
1 QB

Mr. Pink
04-29-2009, 06:58 AM
If McCargo doesn't start playing better, DT will be our next 1st round pick.

Eh, if Trent Edwards completely sucks and we find ourself in the top 5 picks next year...Sam Bradford or Colt McCoy will be our next 1st round pick.

Mahdi
04-29-2009, 07:06 AM

If Ellis shows something in camp, it wouldn't surprise me to see them go with Schobel, Denney, Ellis and Kelsay with Spencer Johnson rotating in on occasion (he did that last year a little as well).
Something tells me Maybin will factor in somehow.

Mahdi
04-29-2009, 07:07 AM
What about Maybin? I honestly think the Bills view him as a LE. Your thoughts on that?
Maybin will be the opening day starter at LE. At worst he plays every passing down.

OpIv37
04-29-2009, 07:20 AM

Something tells me Maybin will factor in somehow.

Oops- edited.

I meant to say Maybin at the end instead of Kelsay.

kid mickey
04-29-2009, 01:08 PM
Next year I don't care how well Schobel did honestly, I think the Bills should go ahead and draft Greg Romeus outta Pitt. There are a lot of DE's in next years class and this monster of a man will be available especially if we are drafting at 11 again. I hope we aren't but you gotta believe with our track record its possible honestly I want us to make the play-offs and all that, but if we do I think we won't get far and end up drafting in the 20's. I really think if the Bills are commited to getting this defense to dominating next year if this kid declares you gotta have your eyes on him. Watch Greg Romeus in the upcoming season.

psubills62
04-29-2009, 01:13 PM

If Ellis shows something in camp, it wouldn't surprise me to see them go with Schobel, Denney, Ellis and Maybin with Spencer Johnson rotating in on occasion (he did that last year a little as well).

At this point, I think Denney may be an improvement over Kelsay.

HHURRICANE
04-29-2009, 01:38 PM
Who thinks this year Chris Kelsay will be cut? I do. Depending on what Aaron Schobel does this year will determine what we do next year as far as DE's. In all honesty if he doesn't do some serious performing I see his ass getting cut and the Bills drafting another DE in the first round next year. What do you guys think?

Kelsay getting cut in 2010 is a forgone conclusion. I do think he plays in 2009 because they don't have any proven depth behind him yet.

kid mickey
04-29-2009, 01:44 PM
Greg Romeus is on my 2009 watch list every time a Pitt game is on I am going to be watching it. I want to see how this kid does. If he dominates like I think he can he will be one hell of a player in the NFL. Kid already size and speed. He's at 6'5 260 right now. Not much more work for him is needed as far as development. He is just going to develop a more rounded game. If he dominates his junior year the Bills should be looking at him.

Dr. Lecter
04-29-2009, 01:52 PM
I think Kelsay's job is in jeopardy.

Denney is less expensive and is actually effective as a #3 DE. He gets some pressure and is pretty solid at knocking down passes. Schobel, if healthy, is still the Bills best DE. Ellis is unlikely to go anywhere, as a 2nd year 3 round pick. Maybin is here now. Johnson can play DE. And Copeland Bryan, while not an All-star, looked OK in limited PT to take the role of #5 DE. It is much more efficient to have a young cheap guy in that role.

Kelsay might get axed this August or traded for a 6th/7th round pick once a team has a DE injury in training camp.

kid mickey
04-29-2009, 01:58 PM
I think Kelsay is gonna get the axe. Just don't see him on the team much longer. Maybe Ellis shows something this year, but I think he won't ever be anything but a quality rotational guy to come in when a starter needs a breather. He is our Ryan Denney of the future. I also think Schobel is on his last legs as well. Not sure if he will be a Buffalo Bill beyond 2010. He is like 32 and it just doesn't seem like he's got a whole lot left in the tank. Hopefully he does something in 2009 cause if he doesn't he will get cut. That's why I have already have looked into the future and see that we will probably need a DE in the first round next year as well. Watch out for Greg Romeus.

venis2k1
04-29-2009, 06:58 PM
Hey Mickey, how do you feel about Greg Romeus??

kid mickey
04-29-2009, 08:31 PM
Greg Romeus is gonna be better than Maybin. I think the kid is that type of guy. Works hard, high motor, excellent size at 6'5 260. High character. Stayed in school to polish his game. He could've declared. Had like 19 stops for a loss and 7.5 sacks. He is an awesome 4-3 RE. Young he's like 21. If he gets better this upcoming year I think the Bills have to trade into the top 10 to get him. I'll be watching. The Bills are going to need a RE soon. I see Maybin at LE.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-30-2009, 07:18 AM
The 2009 draft just ended. We don't have any idea how the coming season is going to shake out or what the Bills' highest priority needs are going to be after the season yet.

A lot of things can happen between now and the 2010 draft: players get injured, regress, take big leaps forward in their development, etc.; underclassmen suddenly blossom or decide to enter or not enter the draft, etc.

Let's wait and see just what the Bills' biggest needs are after the season is over, who their coach is, where they are drafting, etc. before we start planning on who they should draft. In the meantime, let's pay close attention to as many college games as we can watch and see what players emerge as dominant players in those games, letting their play speak to their pro potential without prejudice or bias.

If Romeus is a big time talent, his talent and potential will show up, especially on a Pitt team that should get plenty of time on television this coming season. But, to say today that the Bills should use their first round draft pick on him (or anyone else) next April simply doesn't make sense.

kid mickey
04-30-2009, 12:26 PM
It does if Schobel sucks. Which he probably will at 32 years of age. Dude is done in the NFL. He won't get a double digit sack season this year. He is past his prime, time to let him go. This should be his last year in Buffalo.