X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kid mickey
    • Apr 2009

Looking into the future

Who thinks this year Chris Kelsay will be cut? I do. Depending on what Aaron Schobel does this year will determine what we do next year as far as DE's. In all honesty if he doesn't do some serious performing I see his ass getting cut and the Bills drafting another DE in the first round next year. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by kid mickey; 04-28-2009, 09:31 PM.
    Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...
  • ArcticWildMan

Re: Looking into the future

If McCargo doesn't start playing better, DT will be our next 1st round pick.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

it depends on Ellis as well. But I wouldn't be surprised if Kelsay gets cut. They already tried to trade him, and his salary does not match his performance. Honestly, I don't think the drop off between Kelsay and Denney is that great.

If Ellis shows something in camp, it wouldn't surprise me to see them go with Schobel, Denney, Ellis and Maybin with Spencer Johnson rotating in on occasion (he did that last year a little as well).
      Last edited by OpIv37; 04-29-2009, 07:20 AM.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• kid mickey
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37
        it depends on Ellis as well. But I wouldn't be surprised if Kelsay gets cut. They already tried to trade him, and his salary does not match his performance. Honestly, I don't think the drop off between Kelsay and Denney is that great.

If Ellis shows something in camp, it wouldn't surprise me to see them go with Schobel, Denney, Ellis and Kelsay with Spencer Johnson rotating in on occasion (he did that last year a little as well).
        What about Maybin? I honestly think the Bills view him as a LE. Your thoughts on that?
        Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...

Comment

• kid mickey
          • Apr 2009

I like this kid out of Pitt next year to take Schobel's job.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
            • Feb 2005

As of now...

DE rotation...
            1st tier... Schobel, Ellis
            2nd tier... Denney, Maybin

DT rotation...
            1st tier... Stroud, McCargo
            2nd tier... Williams, Johnson

'10 needs...
            2 DE's
            2 DT's
            1 OLB
            1 WR
            1 QB
            Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 04-29-2009, 06:15 AM.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
              If McCargo doesn't start playing better, DT will be our next 1st round pick.

Eh, if Trent Edwards completely sucks and we find ourself in the top 5 picks next year...Sam Bradford or Colt McCoy will be our next 1st round pick.

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

If Ellis shows something in camp, it wouldn't surprise me to see them go with Schobel, Denney, Ellis and Kelsay with Spencer Johnson rotating in on occasion (he did that last year a little as well).
                Something tells me Maybin will factor in somehow.

Comment

• Mahdi
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by kid mickey
                  What about Maybin? I honestly think the Bills view him as a LE. Your thoughts on that?
                  Maybin will be the opening day starter at LE. At worst he plays every passing down.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi
                    Something tells me Maybin will factor in somehow.
                    Oops- edited.

I meant to say Maybin at the end instead of Kelsay.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• kid mickey
                      • Apr 2009

Next year I don't care how well Schobel did honestly, I think the Bills should go ahead and draft Greg Romeus outta Pitt. There are a lot of DE's in next years class and this monster of a man will be available especially if we are drafting at 11 again. I hope we aren't but you gotta believe with our track record its possible honestly I want us to make the play-offs and all that, but if we do I think we won't get far and end up drafting in the 20's. I really think if the Bills are commited to getting this defense to dominating next year if this kid declares you gotta have your eyes on him. Watch Greg Romeus in the upcoming season.

Comment

• psubills62
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2008

If Ellis shows something in camp, it wouldn't surprise me to see them go with Schobel, Denney, Ellis and Maybin with Spencer Johnson rotating in on occasion (he did that last year a little as well).
                        At this point, I think Denney may be an improvement over Kelsay.
                        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Who thinks this year Chris Kelsay will be cut? I do. Depending on what Aaron Schobel does this year will determine what we do next year as far as DE's. In all honesty if he doesn't do some serious performing I see his ass getting cut and the Bills drafting another DE in the first round next year. What do you guys think?
                          Kelsay getting cut in 2010 is a forgone conclusion. I do think he plays in 2009 because they don't have any proven depth behind him yet.

Comment

• kid mickey
                            • Apr 2009

Greg Romeus is on my 2009 watch list every time a Pitt game is on I am going to be watching it. I want to see how this kid does. If he dominates like I think he can he will be one hell of a player in the NFL. Kid already size and speed. He's at 6'5 260 right now. Not much more work for him is needed as far as development. He is just going to develop a more rounded game. If he dominates his junior year the Bills should be looking at him.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

I think Kelsay's job is in jeopardy.

Denney is less expensive and is actually effective as a #3 DE. He gets some pressure and is pretty solid at knocking down passes. Schobel, if healthy, is still the Bills best DE. Ellis is unlikely to go anywhere, as a 2nd year 3 round pick. Maybin is here now. Johnson can play DE. And Copeland Bryan, while not an All-star, looked OK in limited PT to take the role of #5 DE. It is much more efficient to have a young cheap guy in that role.

Kelsay might get axed this August or traded for a 6th/7th round pick once a team has a DE injury in training camp.
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X