PDA

View Full Version : Whos getting The Axe???

SeatownBillsFan21
04-29-2009, 01:38 AM
My question to all you Zoners is which DE is going to get cut we have Schobel, Denney, Kelsay, Ellis, Copeland Bryan, Corey Mace, Ryan Neil, Marcus Smith and we just drafted Maybin so someones has to go i think Kelsay will be a goner we tried to trade him and his contact bears more weight... i think. so IMO its gotta be Kelsay who do you guys and gals think. if any???

Romes
04-29-2009, 02:32 AM
Neil can longsnap so he stays. But you have to think Mace, Bryan or Smith would get cut before Kelsay.

That said, I would not be that surprised if Denney or Kelsay were cut.

Night Train
04-29-2009, 03:51 AM
I still like Denney for situational purposes and his obvious talent on ST's.

He doesn't make anywhere near what Kelsay makes, which is why I think Kelsay is on the bubble.

Buddo
04-29-2009, 04:54 AM
Corey Mace was never re-signed, so we can't cut him. ;)

Don't Panic
04-29-2009, 06:09 AM
It will be a tough decision. I'd guess Ellis isn't going anywhere since he is young and makes peanuts. Its safe to say Schobel isn't going anywhere. Kelsay is a great compliment to Maybin in terms of what both bring to the table, but that's an expensive compliment. I think Denney could fill that role, so I would guess Kelsay would be the one to go. Neil is staying I would guess, as a long snapper as was mentioned... Bryan would probably be my guess to stay as the 5th DE.

We should do this with every position set, as I'm sure we will, in the coming weeks.

Raptor
04-29-2009, 06:43 AM
Bryan

casdhf
04-29-2009, 07:16 AM
Kelsay is a team captain though, I think it'd be risky to cut him.

psubills62
04-29-2009, 08:35 AM
Obviously Schobel and Maybin will stay. They certainly haven't given up on Chris Ellis, so he stays. I believe Denney will also remain with the Bills, since he's a good rotational player...and I think he was our DE sack leader last year.

I think Kelsay, Mace, Marcus Smith, and maybe Copeland Bryan are gone. I think they like Copeland Bryan better than most people on here do. We'll see though.

justasportsfan
04-29-2009, 08:38 AM
If the Capt. causes the ship to sink, get rid of him.

Pinkerton Security
04-29-2009, 08:39 AM

right, and honestly I think I'd rather have Kelsay start for the most part this year while Maybin prepares for and learns what the NFL is like.

jamze132
04-29-2009, 10:07 AM
It will be a tough decision. I'd guess Ellis isn't going anywhere since he is young and makes peanuts. Its safe to say Schobel isn't going anywhere. Kelsay is a great compliment to Maybin in terms of what both bring to the table, but that's an expensive compliment. I think Denney could fill that role, so I would guess Kelsay would be the one to go. Neil is staying I would guess, as a long snapper as was mentioned... Bryan would probably be my guess to stay as the 5th DE.

We should do this with every position set, as I'm sure we will, in the coming weeks.
Tough decision? :chuckle:

Pick one, they all suck.

bigbub2352
04-29-2009, 10:15 AM
I think we go into next yr with 6 DEs but one will play both DT and DE

Schobel
Denney
Maybin
Bryan
Ellis
Smith 6ft 5 295lbs he is gonna be like Spencer Johnson for us

DT will look like this