• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

FTP Had Nelson on Top

The National Football Post, for me personally, is my favorite football website on the net. There are a lot of writers with big-time qualifications on there, including former football players and administrators. Basically, I put a lot of stock into their opinions as compared to other places.

Anyway, they had pre-draft positional rankings based on a number of factors. At tight end, they had Nelson as the top ranked, even ahead of Pettigrew. .Interesting.
    Football betting news and picks with focus on NFL, college football and sports betting legalization updates across the United States.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • madness
    • Apr 2003

Re: FTP Had Nelson on Top

I love NFP and check it almost daily! I agree, I put more stock in their opinions over most.

Comment

• BillsFanInMass
      The Stoner Zoner
      • Feb 2003

Andy Levitre was 3rd on the OG list and Wood was 3rd on the center list .

Comment

• Oaf
        Do you read what you write?
        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by madness
        I love NFP and check it almost daily! I agree, I put more stock in their opinions over most.
        Originally posted by BillsFanInMass
        Andy Levitre was 3rd on the OG list and Wood was 3rd on the center list .
        Now what?

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

Eh...I don't mind hyping Bills players. But there are plenty of reasons why Nelson went in the 4th round and Pettigrew went in the first round.

If there were a lot of places who had the two very close or Nelson above Pettigrew, then I'd say sure, that's legitimate. But considering every team passed over Nelson how many times, even when he was supposedly good value, and Pettigrew was drafted in the first round by a team who had a million needs...it all adds up to saying that NFP was probably the only place that valued Nelson over Pettigrew.

I'm not saying Pettigrew will have a better career. But right now, Pettigrew is a better prospect than Nelson.
          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
            The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
            • Feb 2005

we all want our guy to have been a steal. I'll wait till 3rd and 12, 4 points down, 1 min on the clock and Nelson splits the seam to determin if we got a steal :)
            In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Feb 2005

i know that as far as wood being the number 3 center on there site, weather it is true of not he wouldnt have made it past pitt at 32. he would have been there choice gauranteed and NE probably would have jumped up to 31 just over pitt if he would have been there so i think we got a good value pick with him. nelson would have been ahead of pettigrew if he was 15lbs heavier and had better blocking skills. nelson far exceeds pettigrews pass catching and game breaking skills.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by psubills62
                Eh...I don't mind hyping Bills players. But there are plenty of reasons why Nelson went in the 4th round and Pettigrew went in the first round.

If there were a lot of places who had the two very close or Nelson above Pettigrew, then I'd say sure, that's legitimate. But considering every team passed over Nelson how many times, even when he was supposedly good value, and Pettigrew was drafted in the first round by a team who had a million needs...it all adds up to saying that NFP was probably the only place that valued Nelson over Pettigrew.

I'm not saying Pettigrew will have a better career. But right now, Pettigrew is a better prospect than Nelson.
                I agree.
                I think the difference in draft position is because Pettigrew is much more of a complete tight end than Nelson. He's a fantastic blocker.

Nelson is pretty much at this stage entirely a pass catcher. I'm not only fine with that, I actually prefer that.

I think he and Beckum (NY Giants) are going to be two of the steals of this draft.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Luisito23
                  Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                  • Apr 2003

Man I'm just glad we didn't reach for Pettigrew with our 1st. pick...
                  "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                  ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                  ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                  ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Goobylal
                    • Jan 2004

Pettigrew is a great blocker, but he's been described as a basically just an outlet-quality WR, lacking the speed to split the seam or stretch the field. Nelson has great size, speed, athleticism, hands, with his only real knock being that he is a fair but willing blocker. Blocking can be taught. Being 6'5" and 243# and running a 4.52 cannot.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                      The Voice of Reason
                      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Oaf
                      Now what?
                      WE. ARE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!?!?!?!?!!
                      Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                        The Voice of Reason
                        • Jul 2007

Also, Maybin was the #1 DE/OLB...

But did anyone NOT think that Duke Robinson was the #1 Guard in the draft? Levitre was a G/T, Wood is rightfully behind Mack and Unger because both had better college careers and intangibles. Let's just see how it transfers to the NFL>
                        Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                          • Jul 2002

Personally, I think that Nelson was a STEAL in the fourth. I was a little worried when the run on TEs started (and we had no third round pick), but I was VERY pleased when I saw us pick him.
                          Last edited by Mad Bomber; 04-30-2009, 09:29 PM.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HargroveforMVP
                            Also, Maybin was the #1 DE/OLB...

But did anyone NOT think that Duke Robinson was the #1 Guard in the draft? Levitre was a G/T, Wood is rightfully behind Mack and Unger because both had better college careers and intangibles. Let's just see how it transfers to the NFL>
                            I like the versatility of the picks the Bills made. I would have LOVED to have Mack, but he was gone. Wood has the versatility to play G or C. Levitre can play G or T (although I don't think he would translate very well as a T in the NFL).

I like the way the Bills stuck to their board. Looks like they made some fairly solid picks this year. I don't care what the "experts" say.

BTW, I'm not disagreeing about Robinson, I'm just saying that I like the Wood pick, because he is a proven center. We need that depth in the interior line. Hell, I'm MUCH happier about Hangartner/Wood vs. last year.

Comment

• kid mickey
                              • Apr 2009

I am hardly ever on that site, but its cool that they think highly of the newly acquired Bills players.
                              Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...

Comment

Working...
                              X