X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

One Player Makes the Entire Draft

Looking back, the Bills had one star player, too from that draft. Unfortunately he's a wide receiver. And because their pick of Losman, it set the franchise back 3 years.
  • mikemac2001
    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
    • Mar 2003

Re: One Player Makes the Entire Draft

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09120/966601-150.stm

Looking back, the Bills had one star player, too from that draft. Unfortunately he's a wide receiver. And because their pick of Losman, it set the franchise back 3 years.

They also had a dominating D

And a good Oline until last year

MUCK
    FIAMI

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

I wanted BIg Ben . Hiring TD set this franchise back an entire decade. It snowballed from there.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• EDS
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
        I wanted BIg Ben . Hiring TD set this franchise back an entire decade. It snowballed from there.
        I still think TD's first draft in Buffalo is the best Bills draft of the past 15 years. I am hopeful that this draft surpasses it.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
          http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09120/966601-150.stm

I was soooooo pissed when The Stillers took Big Ben. I wanted him sooo bad.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
            I was soooooo pissed when The Stillers took Big Ben. I wanted him sooo bad.
            In all honesty, I thought the steelers drafted a bust at the time. Let's face it, very very few non-senior QBs are successful in NFL and Ben is a junior.

I still don't like his style of play (basically buying time with his big physical body) but I gave him his due: his ability to make right decisions under all kinds of duress conditions is unmatched (not for Brady not for Manning).

Comment

• zone
              No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
              • Oct 2003

Just goes to show you that the draft is a crap shoot and even teams that are good and win Super Bowls don't get it right every time.

You can get a guy in the early rounds that is a bum.

You can get a guy in the 3rd round that is the foundation of your line that won 2 Super Bowls.
              www.blzbus.com

Comment

• kid mickey
                • Apr 2009

I have liked a few of the Bills drafts recently this 2009 draft and the 2007 draft. I think those two drafts were awesome. 2006 yielded Three starters. 2007 yielded three starters. Most importantly Trent. 2008 yielded one starter. 2009 could produce 6 starters. It could be the best one.
                Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...

Comment

Working...
                X