PDA

View Full Version : Let me just say this.

BillsWin
04-30-2009, 01:18 PM
Terrell Owens
Lee Evans
Marshawn Lynch
Fred Jackson
Dominique Rhodes
Steve Johnson
James Hardy
Roscoe Parrish
Derek Fine
Josh Reed
Shawn NelsonIf you cant win games and score a boat load of points with that list of offensive fire power, you dont deserve to be on the field. That includes Dick Jauron, Trent Edwards and maybe, most of all, Turk Schonert.

This looks like one of the best offenses we could possibly put on the field and even with some o-line issues, we need to be productive.

Is this an exciting offseason or what?

justasportsfan
04-30-2009, 01:20 PM
Terrell Owens
Lee Evans
Marshawn Lynch
Fred Jackson
Dominique Rhodes
Steve Johnson
James Hardy
Roscoe Parrish
Derek Fine
Shawn Nelson

add the rb line-up with Lynch ,Rhodes and Jackson.

thats one impressive line-up that could easily be screwed over with one word...Turk. There really should be no reason why we couldn't be top 10 on the O if the OL holds up.

yordad
04-30-2009, 01:22 PM
Well, I asked if it was a top offense "on paper" and the board voted for "top 20" the most.

So, appearantly you and I are part of the few that find that list impressive. :idunno:

Jan Reimers
04-30-2009, 01:39 PM
Well, I asked if it was a top offense "on paper" and the board voted for "top 20" the most.

So, appearantly you and I are part of the few that find that list impressive. :idunno:
Me too, but we've all been told by the realists that our O line - without Peters and the corresponding uncertainty at OT, the scrub Hangartner at C, and the prospect of 2 rookies starting at G - rookies for God's sake, who can never contribute - will never be able to protect Edwards or open holes for the running game. We've all gotta' get real.

ddaryl
04-30-2009, 01:41 PM
I love the potential BUT from a reality point of view and knowing what I do know about htis franchise in its current state...

lots of young players that are still learning the ropes

OL that will be ok but need time to gel and get better.

Questionable coaching HC and OC

Hard schedule and division foes

that is why I think the Bills O this year will improve but we will not be a top 10 O.

I thiink we will see enough to very optomisitc for a serious 2010 playoff run. Hopefully we sniff the playoffs this year

Tatonka
04-30-2009, 01:50 PM
rank them in order of most valuable.

who are the top 5 most important?

TO
Evans
Lynch
Jackson
Nelson

?

madness
04-30-2009, 01:50 PM
Me too, but we've all been told by the realists that our O line - without Peters and the corresponding uncertainty at OT, the scrub Hangartner at C, and the prospect of 2 rookies starting at G - rookies for God's sake, who can never contribute - will never be able to protect Edwards or open holes for the running game. We've all gotta' get real.

I think the running game is going to take some people by surprise. We finally have a line that can push the middle which we be critical if we can take the lead on teams. 3rd/goal and short situations were pathetic last year.

yordad
04-30-2009, 01:56 PM
Me too, but we've all been told by the realists that our O line - without Peters and the corresponding uncertainty at OT, the scrub Hangartner at C, and the prospect of 2 rookies starting at G - rookies for God's sake, who can never contribute - will never be able to protect Edwards or open holes for the running game. We've all gotta' get real.I know, gez Jan. I should have told you sooner, but the sky is falling, ya know.

yordad
04-30-2009, 01:57 PM
rank them in order of most valuable.

who are the top 5 most important?

TO
Evans
Lynch
Jackson
Nelson

?Lynch
Evans
TO
Jackson
Reed
Nelson

It is close though, I had to do 6.

EDS
04-30-2009, 02:00 PM
Terrell Owens
Lee Evans
Marshawn Lynch
Fred Jackson
Dominique Rhodes
Steve Johnson
James Hardy
Roscoe Parrish
Derek Fine
Shawn Nelson
If you cant win games and score a boat load of points with that list of offensive fire power, you dont deserve to be on the field. That includes Dick Jauron, Trent Edwards and maybe, most of all, Turk Schonert.

This looks like one of the best offenses we could possibly put on the field and even with some o-line issues, we need to be productive.

The potential is there (albeit, Johnson, Hardy, Fine and Nelson are all unproven) but I still want to see Edwards perform well in the cold in Buffalo before I let my hopes get the best of me.

OpIv37
04-30-2009, 02:01 PM

because that's the truth.

Last year our OL was going to get better because of cohesion. This year it's supposed to get better because we added a backup C, a bunch of rookies, and moved everyone else to a new position. The lack of logic is mind-boggling.

Seriously, EVERY member of the OL in a new position, a former back up as a starting C against the monster 3-4 NT's of the AFCE, and at least one (possibly 2) rookies starting.

And you think this line is going to get BETTER? That really doesn't make any sense, unless you count on a learning curve of ZERO for the rookies and the guys in new positions.

Lee and TO are going to be standing downfield with their hands on their hips in frustration as Trent lays in the turf, and Marshawn's gonna be running into an 8 or 9 man front once they realize we can't protect the QB and they dare us to pass.

sdbillsfan2
04-30-2009, 02:12 PM
Terrell Owens
Lee Evans
Marshawn Lynch
Fred Jackson
Dominique Rhodes
Steve Johnson
James Hardy
Roscoe Parrish
Derek Fine
Shawn Nelson
???????????? Quick question ?????????????

Was the absence of Trent Edwards on this list an oversight or deliberate ?
I know many here are higher on his abilities and durability then I am. I mean someone has to be getting the ball to these guys.

zone
04-30-2009, 02:20 PM
List of importance.

1.TO
2. Josh Reed

We have seen what this offense can do without a second receiver or a go to slot receiver.

It all rest on the O-line, if they can be better than last years line, the addition of TO will make this offense dangerous. No stacking the box, no double teaming Lee.

Mahdi
04-30-2009, 02:22 PM
Terrell Owens
Lee Evans
Marshawn Lynch
Fred Jackson
Dominique Rhodes
Steve Johnson
James Hardy
Roscoe Parrish
Derek Fine
Shawn Nelson
If you cant win games and score a boat load of points with that list of offensive fire power, you dont deserve to be on the field. That includes Dick Jauron, Trent Edwards and maybe, most of all, Turk Schonert.

I can do some serious damage in Madden with that list.

kid mickey
04-30-2009, 02:22 PM
It all starts with the line. If it can keep Trent on his feet than this team can be dangerous. We got some pretty smart guys on the line now so maybe we get something going. I'm not saying top 10, but I do see a legitimate top 20. There are so many mismatches that could be employed by this team. Evans could be the most dangerous slot receiver to ever play the game, Parrish could do it as well. Reed could also do it as well. I think if you put Johnson outside and Evans in the slot the this team would be unstoppable. There is so many things that could be done. Marshawn and Freddy in a split back formation. So many different combination packages that could really make this team crazy good. Again it all depends on the line. Trent should be awesome if he's got protection.

Oaf
04-30-2009, 02:25 PM
Oline will make or break it. Edwards will be fine. No wonder DJ and co. invested so much in it (1st, 2nd, 3rd round picks). If it fails, they will be done.

yordad
04-30-2009, 02:26 PM
Terrell Owens
Lee Evans
Marshawn Lynch
Fred Jackson
Dominique Rhodes
Steve Johnson
James Hardy
Roscoe Parrish
Derek Fine
Shawn Nelson???????????? Quick question ?????????????

I know many here are higher on his abilities and durability then I am. I mean someone has to be getting the ball to these guys.I left him off my list because I'm leaning toward "He's the weak link", unfortunately.

psubills62
04-30-2009, 02:29 PM
because that's the truth.

Last year our OL was going to get better because of cohesion. This year it's supposed to get better because we added a backup C, a bunch of rookies, and moved everyone else to a new position. The lack of logic is mind-boggling.

Seriously, EVERY member of the OL in a new position, a former back up as a starting C against the monster 3-4 NT's of the AFCE, and at least one (possibly 2) rookies starting.

And you think this line is going to get BETTER? That really doesn't make any sense, unless you count on a learning curve of ZERO for the rookies and the guys in new positions.

Lee and TO are going to be standing downfield with their hands on their hips in frustration as Trent lays in the turf, and Marshawn's gonna be running into an 8 or 9 man front once they realize we can't protect the QB and they dare us to pass.

I seriously doubt there's as much of a learning curve as you think, especially since they have all offseason to work together. They're going to be guards, who generally have more help than tackles. Both Levitre and Wood are known for being very intelligent, and they were both very experienced starters in college.

I could be wrong, but it seems that OL is generally one of the easiest transitions from college to the NFL. And you act like changing positions on the OL is like going from a QB to a WR. Didn't Walker switch from RT to LT a LOT last season, especially when Peters was getting up to speed?

Just out of curiosity, what would you do if our RB's averaged more yards per carry this season than last, and our OL allowed fewer sacks?

TedMock
04-30-2009, 02:30 PM
Great group of weapons, but it all rides on the o-line. I absolutely love the guys we drafted, but realistically we can't expect miracles from day one. I think they are both going to be legit starters in this league, but they are going to go through growing pains too. It is what it is. We have to hope they improve fast. we also have to hope Walker can sustain a full season on the left and whoever plays on the right is adequate. We will get a full trial by fire in week one with Wilfork, Seymour, Colvin and Warren.

ServoBillieves
04-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Terrell Owens
Lee Evans
Marshawn Lynch
Fred Jackson
Dominique Rhodes
Steve Johnson
James Hardy
Roscoe Parrish
Derek Fine
Shawn Nelson 11. Derek Schouman? Josh Reed?

mikemac2001
04-30-2009, 02:32 PM
Terrell Owens
Lee Evans
Marshawn Lynch
Fred Jackson
Dominique Rhodes
Steve Johnson
James Hardy
Roscoe Parrish
Derek Fine
Shawn Nelson

Dude once Josh Reed went down they were not the same he is top 4 player

BillsWin
04-30-2009, 02:40 PM
Terrell Owens
Lee Evans
Marshawn Lynch
Fred Jackson
Dominique Rhodes
Steve Johnson
James Hardy
Roscoe Parrish
Derek Fine
Shawn Nelson???????????? Quick question ?????????????

I know many here are higher on his abilities and durability then I am. I mean someone has to be getting the ball to these guys.

I left them off the list because I dont really believe Trent Edwards is really a "weapon" but more of a guy that needs to use the guys on this list. He hasnt proven himself yet, and as i said, he has the guys on the list now to help him become a weapon himself. The real question is why did I leave off Josh Reed. Someone I will add right this second.

kid mickey
04-30-2009, 10:43 PM
I think that the potential this team has needs to be realized.