4. Fred Jackson
    5. Dominique Rhodes
    6. Steve Johnson
    7. James Hardy
    8. Roscoe Parrish
    9. Derek Fine
    10. Josh Reed
    11. Shawn Nelson
    If you cant win games and score a boat load of points with that list of offensive fire power, you dont deserve to be on the field. That includes Dick Jauron, Trent Edwards and maybe, most of all, Turk Schonert.

This looks like one of the best offenses we could possibly put on the field and even with some o-line issues, we need to be productive.

Is this an exciting offseason or what?
    Last edited by BillsWin; 04-30-2009, 02:40 PM.
    I am The Batman.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Let me just say this.

Originally posted by BillsWin
    1. Terrell Owens
    2. Lee Evans
    3. Marshawn Lynch
    4. Fred Jackson
    5. Dominique Rhodes
    6. Steve Johnson
    7. James Hardy
    8. Roscoe Parrish
    9. Derek Fine
    10. Shawn Nelson
    add the rb line-up with Lynch ,Rhodes and Jackson.

thats one impressive line-up that could easily be screwed over with one word...Turk. There really should be no reason why we couldn't be top 10 on the O if the OL holds up.
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 04-30-2009, 01:21 PM.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• yordad
      • Dec 2007

Well, I asked if it was a top offense "on paper" and the board voted for "top 20" the most.

So, appearantly you and I are part of the few that find that list impressive.
      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Originally posted by yordad
        Well, I asked if it was a top offense "on paper" and the board voted for "top 20" the most.

So, appearantly you and I are part of the few that find that list impressive.
        Me too, but we've all been told by the realists that our O line - without Peters and the corresponding uncertainty at OT, the scrub Hangartner at C, and the prospect of 2 rookies starting at G - rookies for God's sake, who can never contribute - will never be able to protect Edwards or open holes for the running game. We've all gotta' get real.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

I love the potential BUT from a reality point of view and knowing what I do know about htis franchise in its current state...

lots of young players that are still learning the ropes

OL that will be ok but need time to gel and get better.

Questionable coaching HC and OC

Hard schedule and division foes

that is why I think the Bills O this year will improve but we will not be a top 10 O.

I thiink we will see enough to very optomisitc for a serious 2010 playoff run. Hopefully we sniff the playoffs this year
          Last edited by ddaryl; 04-30-2009, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

rank them in order of most valuable.

who are the top 5 most important?

TO
            Evans
            Lynch
            Jackson
            Nelson

?
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• madness
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              Me too, but we've all been told by the realists that our O line - without Peters and the corresponding uncertainty at OT, the scrub Hangartner at C, and the prospect of 2 rookies starting at G - rookies for God's sake, who can never contribute - will never be able to protect Edwards or open holes for the running game. We've all gotta' get real.
              I think the running game is going to take some people by surprise. We finally have a line that can push the middle which we be critical if we can take the lead on teams. 3rd/goal and short situations were pathetic last year.

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

I know, gez Jan. I should have told you sooner, but the sky is falling, ya know.
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• yordad
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Tatonka
                  rank them in order of most valuable.

who are the top 5 most important?

TO
                  Evans
                  Lynch
                  Jackson
                  Nelson

?
                  Lynch
                  Evans
                  TO
                  Jackson
                  Reed
                  Nelson

It is close though, I had to do 6.

Comment

• EDS
                    • Jan 2003

1. Terrell Owens
                    2. Lee Evans
                    3. Marshawn Lynch
                    4. Fred Jackson
                    5. Dominique Rhodes
                    6. Steve Johnson
                    7. James Hardy
                    8. Roscoe Parrish
                    9. Derek Fine
                    10. Shawn Nelson

If you cant win games and score a boat load of points with that list of offensive fire power, you dont deserve to be on the field. That includes Dick Jauron, Trent Edwards and maybe, most of all, Turk Schonert.

This looks like one of the best offenses we could possibly put on the field and even with some o-line issues, we need to be productive.

The potential is there (albeit, Johnson, Hardy, Fine and Nelson are all unproven) but I still want to see Edwards perform well in the cold in Buffalo before I let my hopes get the best of me.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

because that's the truth.

Last year our OL was going to get better because of cohesion. This year it's supposed to get better because we added a backup C, a bunch of rookies, and moved everyone else to a new position. The lack of logic is mind-boggling.

Seriously, EVERY member of the OL in a new position, a former back up as a starting C against the monster 3-4 NT's of the AFCE, and at least one (possibly 2) rookies starting.

And you think this line is going to get BETTER? That really doesn't make any sense, unless you count on a learning curve of ZERO for the rookies and the guys in new positions.

Lee and TO are going to be standing downfield with their hands on their hips in frustration as Trent lays in the turf, and Marshawn's gonna be running into an 8 or 9 man front once they realize we can't protect the QB and they dare us to pass.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
                        • Apr 2005

1. Terrell Owens
                        2. Lee Evans
                        3. Marshawn Lynch
                        4. Fred Jackson
                        5. Dominique Rhodes
                        6. Steve Johnson
                        7. James Hardy
                        8. Roscoe Parrish
                        9. Derek Fine
                        10. Shawn Nelson

???????????? Quick question ?????????????

Was the absence of Trent Edwards on this list an oversight or deliberate ?
                        I know many here are higher on his abilities and durability then I am. I mean someone has to be getting the ball to these guys.

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• zone
                          No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                          • Oct 2003

List of importance.

1.TO
                          2. Josh Reed

We have seen what this offense can do without a second receiver or a go to slot receiver.

It all rest on the O-line, if they can be better than last years line, the addition of TO will make this offense dangerous. No stacking the box, no double teaming Lee.
                          www.blzbus.com

Comment

• Mahdi
                            • Mar 2004

1. Terrell Owens
                            2. Lee Evans
                            3. Marshawn Lynch
                            4. Fred Jackson
                            5. Dominique Rhodes
                            6. Steve Johnson
                            7. James Hardy
                            8. Roscoe Parrish
                            9. Derek Fine
                            10. Shawn Nelson

I can do some serious damage in Madden with that list.

Comment

• kid mickey
                              • Apr 2009

It all starts with the line. If it can keep Trent on his feet than this team can be dangerous. We got some pretty smart guys on the line now so maybe we get something going. I'm not saying top 10, but I do see a legitimate top 20. There are so many mismatches that could be employed by this team. Evans could be the most dangerous slot receiver to ever play the game, Parrish could do it as well. Reed could also do it as well. I think if you put Johnson outside and Evans in the slot the this team would be unstoppable. There is so many things that could be done. Marshawn and Freddy in a split back formation. So many different combination packages that could really make this team crazy good. Again it all depends on the line. Trent should be awesome if he's got protection.
                              Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...

Comment

Working...
                              X