PDA

View Full Version : Go Sign That Foote guy

TheMan08
04-30-2009, 01:44 PM
Lets gooooo. Overpay him a million or 2. We are under cap and need help at LB No excuses.

THATHURMANATOR
04-30-2009, 01:48 PM
I am with you on this.

Foote is a player.

yordad
04-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Yep. Let's roll.

bigbub2352
04-30-2009, 02:02 PM
Agree upgrade over Ellison or move Poz outside
anything to get ellison to the bench

OpIv37
04-30-2009, 02:05 PM
According to Chris Brown, it's not gonna happen.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/04/29/lb-foote-not-a-fit-for-bills/

He's good, so he "doesn't fit the system," which is actually code for "Ralph doesn't want to pay him."

kid mickey
04-30-2009, 02:38 PM
You don't go out and sign a 2 down linebacker. No thanks. He is a ILB in a 3-4. Sorry hate it for ya, but we play a 4-3 and last I checked we got Poz.

The Juice Is Loose
04-30-2009, 02:41 PM
Man, this **** drives me crazy. He fits our system. If it's 3rd and long, you take an LB off the field anyway.

Inside LB in a 34 and outside LB in a 43 are practically the same.

You need guys that know how to win. Period.

Chris Brown doesn't know jack anyway. So don't listen to him.

I'm not saying we'll sign him. But I think we should and anybody that thinks he doesn't "fit our system" then I guess our sytem is "losing". Cuz all he's done in his career is win.

Pinkerton Security
04-30-2009, 03:05 PM
idk, i dont think Shredder would be happy, plus the Ninja Turtles would be after us....

sorry, i couldnt help myself and no its not that funny but whatever

Kenny
04-30-2009, 03:06 PM
I thought he wanted to play for Detroit?

Night Train
04-30-2009, 03:11 PM
I thought he wanted to play for Detroit?
Oh great..so you're saying he's insane..

OpIv37
04-30-2009, 03:12 PM
You don't go out and sign a 2 down linebacker. No thanks. He is a ILB in a 3-4. Sorry hate it for ya, but we play a 4-3 and last I checked we got Poz.

Poz would be better on the outside anyway. He doesn't turn his hips well on the deep drop, which is required by the MLB in a Tampa 2. And he gets swallowed up by blockers when he comes up to play the run. His best season at PSU was at OLB.

kid mickey
04-30-2009, 03:20 PM
Poz isn't fast enough to be an OLB in this scheme. We got a guy in Nic Harris. I wanna see what he can do.

Pinkerton Security
04-30-2009, 03:33 PM
Poz isn't fast enough to be an OLB in this scheme. We got a guy in Nic Harris. I wanna see what he can do.

Know whats funny - Nic Harris ran a 4.85 40, and guess what Poz ran a 4.68

sooo how is Poz not fast enough??

I'm not against this kid getting a shot, you just have this hankering for him to start no matter what. Theres a reason he lased until the 5th round

kid mickey
04-30-2009, 04:04 PM
Nic Harris runs in the 4.6-4.7 range. Watch Poz during a game. He doesn't have the speed. He's got a nice burst but he can't run with TE's. Harris can. Now that's funny.

kid mickey
04-30-2009, 04:07 PM
Know whats funny - Nic Harris ran a 4.85 40, and guess what Poz ran a 4.68

sooo how is Poz not fast enough??

I'm not against this kid getting a shot, you just have this hankering for him to start no matter what. Theres a reason he lased until the 5th round

To your last comment. He is a tweener. He didn't play linebacker in college even though he had the size to do so. He was projected by many to be a third round pick. It really all depends on what teams see you fit where. Its always a crapshoot on who goes where after the first two rounds.

yordad
04-30-2009, 04:10 PM
Man, this **** drives me crazy. He fits our system. If it's 3rd and long, you take an LB off the field anyway.

Inside LB in a 34 and outside LB in a 43 are practically the same.

You need guys that know how to win. Period.

Chris Brown doesn't know jack anyway. So don't listen to him.

I'm not saying we'll sign him. But I think we should and anybody that thinks he doesn't "fit our system" then I guess our sytem is "losing". Cuz all he's done in his career is win.Yeah, I know, I guess Ellison is perfect for our system, lol.

DGreg
04-30-2009, 04:30 PM
Is this guy on his last leg?

kid mickey
04-30-2009, 04:34 PM
Foote was an inside guy in a 3-4 not an outside guy. Hate to break the news, but he is not a fit with what the Bills want to do. We already have a guy who plays inside we don't need the guy to be a back-up for us. That's all he would be.

TheMan08
04-30-2009, 04:43 PM
Foote was an inside guy in a 3-4 not an outside guy. Hate to break the news, but he is not a fit with what the Bills want to do. We already have a guy who plays inside we don't need the guy to be a back-up for us. That's all he would be.

Poz would be moved to the outside where he is better suited as been said a FEW times in this thread.

kid mickey
04-30-2009, 05:14 PM
Poz shouldn't be moved from where he is. He is best at MLB. If he wasn't why is he playing that position? Why is playing OLB considered a second choice by Fewell. I think I will go with what the coaches say.

yordad
04-30-2009, 05:17 PM
Poz shouldn't be moved from where he is. He is best at MLB. If he wasn't why is he playing that position? Why is playing OLB considered a second choice by Fewell. I think I will go with what the coaches say.Maybe he isn't his best at MLB, but he happened to be the Bills best MLB. :idunno:

The Juice Is Loose
04-30-2009, 05:48 PM
I don't see that you would need to move anybody around, if we did sign Foote.

I don't feel that we will. I don't even think he's definately leaving Pitt.

My take on Poz is this: Last year was his rookie season. Sorry but he played 1 game vs Denver, 1 game at Pitt and then he got injured. Last season, he was basically in his first real season, and I'd say he played pretty damn good.

If we add Foote, he'd be fine. Do you really think that a veteran, at age 28 would have a tough time learning and becoming acclamated to our "system".

It's been all but proven that it's better to move guys around and be unorthodox. When we played that "creep" defense vs. Dallas a couple years ago, we looked awesome.

The only reason that I want to add Foote is for leadership, and experience. Someone that's "been there". He's a smart football player, he's good at diagnosing plays, and that is what this team needs. What's the average age on our defense? I'd bet 24. And only cuz Stroud brings it up. This is an incredibly young defense and a guy who's taken the ride to the championship 2 out of the last 4 years would be an upgrade, whether he's a 3, 2 or even 1 play guy.

Besides, like I said before. If it's 3rd and more than 7 we'd be in nickel anyway. Which would mean 3 corners, 2 backers. He'd come off. Poz and Mitch, pretty much regardless of who may add, will be our nickel guys.

kid mickey
04-30-2009, 06:13 PM
We already got a been there guy in Mitchell and he fits the system. You just don't take a guy who has played in the 3-4 his entire career and plug him in as a 4-3 backer. That would be unfair to him as player because his weaknesses would be exploited.

The Juice Is Loose
04-30-2009, 07:57 PM
We already got a been there guy in Mitchell and he fits the system. You just don't take a guy who has played in the 3-4 his entire career and plug him in as a 4-3 backer. That would be unfair to him as player because his weaknesses would be exploited.

Football is football brother. When the Bills beat the Chiefs in the playoffs they switched defensive schemes in a week. From 3-4 to 4-3 I believe.

What's the difference? Nothing really. A linebacker is a linebacker. he could play OLB and be just fine. He obviously can play, he was on a top notch defense. A hard nose guy. Measurables are over rated. Flat out. I bet this guy is better than Ellison, or any other option we have.

For you people that think you need this specific speed and body type at every position, you don't know what your talking about. Football is 80% mental. Flat out. And if you take a veteran, who can diagnose plays and has seen it all, it makes no f'n difference.

kid mickey
04-30-2009, 09:41 PM
No way could he switch to the outside and be fine. He doesn't have the speed for the position. You don't take players and put them in positions where they can't succeed. You just don't do that. He was a two down ILB for the Steelers and you want him to come here and play OLB in a 3-4. I don't like the logic. You gotta be able to run with the TE and to my knowledge he didn't do that for Pittsburgh. Nobody is even sure the Steelers are letting him go.