• Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Interesting comments from Rus Brandon on Jason Peters

Read this.

In part:

“Here’s a player that we brought in as a undrafted free agent, we developed, we signed to an over-market contract,” Brandon said. “And the one misnomer in that contract was, he had an escalator clause if he would ever move to left tackle. He was not making bottom money at all. He was paid very handsomely. And we told Jason – I personally told Jason – that we would not renegotiate his contract with three years left on it, because he was not our priority. Lee Evans was our priority. I said, ‘You come back to camp, and once we get Lee done, you become a priority.’ The day that we signed Lee, I had him come to my office, and I said, ‘You are now the priority.’ We worked on that for five or six months, and we offered Jason an enormous contract – the largest contract in Bills history – and he had no interest in it. None. That was right at the conclusion of the season.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Interesting comments from Rus Brandon on Jason Peters

Good riddance. I hope he sucks it up on Philly.

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

pretty much the same way fans have translated the whole occurence...

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

He was not making bottom money at all.
        That part is COMPLETE BS. Even with the escalator, Peters was underpaid for a LT of his caliber.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

Russ
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
            Zero for Zero!
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
            That part is COMPLETE BS. Even with the escalator, Peters was underpaid for a LT of his caliber.
            OK.

There is a big, huge, gigantic difference between "bottom money" and being underpaid. Obviously the Bills agreed he was underpaid as the offerred him more money.

So it is not COMPLETE BS. Unless you change the meanings of words in order to create reasons to ***** about the FO when there are plenty of real reasons to bash them.

What Brandon said was accurate.
            Originally posted by mysticsoto
            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
              • Aug 2005

What a piece of **** Peters is. He goes from a nobody to a Pro Bowler and shows no loyalty or respect to the people that took him there. I hope he blows his knees out in camp.
              SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• psubills62
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2008

It seems to me that that statement means something slightly different than you think it means.

Brandon wasn't saying that Peters was being paid exactly what he deserved. To me, it just means that Peters wasn't being so grossly underpaid (especially considering when and under what circumstances he had signed the previous extension), that the Bills were going to go out of their way to give him a larger contract.

So he was being underpaid. But not SO MUCH that the Bills were saying "hey, it's absolutely DIRE that we give Peters a raise." The comparison I'm making in my mind is Marcus McNeill, who had a $750,000 salary his rookie year when he made the Pro Bowl.
                "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

SOunds like a good press conference. Enough talk however, time to prove it to the fans. You're already a year behind from an average turn around.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Captain gameboy
                    • Jul 2002

I think Peters had a plan in the works from the beginning of last season, and the plan was to get out of Buffalo.

I think he is the consummate ass, not because he wanted out, but by the course he took.

After all, this is a team game, and he screwed his team by being out of shape and a fraction of the player he could have been last year.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      OK.

There is a big, huge, gigantic difference between "bottom money" and being underpaid. Obviously the Bills agreed he was underpaid as the offerred him more money.

So it is not COMPLETE BS. Unless you change the meanings of words in order to create reasons to ***** about the FO when there are plenty of real reasons to bash them.

What Brandon said was accurate.
                      To me, being underpaid and "bottom money" are the same thing. That's what "underpaid" means. Under as in "low", "low" as in "near the bottom." You can believe his BS if you want to be gullible and defend the FO for every single move if you want, but that's not the reality.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• psubills62
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        Read this.

In part:
                        I was just reading that article. It's a very interesting one, and not just because of the Peters comments. I loved the story about Rosenhaus wearing the tie.
                        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
                          It seems to me that that statement means something slightly different than you think it means.

Brandon wasn't saying that Peters was being paid exactly what he deserved. To me, it just means that Peters wasn't being so grossly underpaid (especially considering when and under what circumstances he had signed the previous extension), that the Bills were going to go out of their way to give him a larger contract.

So he was being underpaid. But not SO MUCH that the Bills were saying "hey, it's absolutely DIRE that we give Peters a raise." The comparison I'm making in my mind is Marcus McNeill, who had a $750,000 salary his rookie year when he made the Pro Bowl.
                          you can't compare a rookie in his first year to a guy who's already established himself. Clearly, when McNeill was a rookie and signed that contract, no one knew he would make the Pro Bowl or become that caliber of player so soon. It's apples and oranges.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• psubills62
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2008

To me, being underpaid and "bottom money" are the same thing. That's what "underpaid" means. Under as in "low", "low" as in "near the bottom." You can believe his BS if you want to be gullible and defend the FO for every single move if you want, but that's not the reality.
                            You must be an extremist then. Sometimes, it's amazing the lengths you go to to bash the front office. Seriously?

I'm just absolutely dying laughing at this "logical" sequence of yours.

Under = Low
                            Low = Near the Bottom
                            Near the Bottom = Bottom

So in your mind, whatever Peters was making (around 3.5-4 million) is the same as $500,000? Maybe you should tell Fred Jackson that. I'm sure he'd sign an extended contract for half a million per year right away, because it's essentially the same as 3.5 million per year.

Come on man...there's an enormous difference between being "underpaid" and "bottom money." If Peyton Manning were earning 9 million per year, that would be underpaid. If he were earning Trent Edwards money (~400,000 per year), THAT would be bottom money.
                            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• ddaryl
                              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                              • Jan 2005

underpaid and bottom money are 2 very different things.

The interpretation you make are quite extreme and serve to fit your desire to stretch this thread into a 3 page debate about it

bottom money would be Peters making about 1 mil a season to play LT

underpaid is what Peters was at about 4- 5 mil a season

and the fact always was Evans had a priority in 2007 and Peters had 3 year left on a recent extension in which he willingly signed and agreed to.

Comment

Working...
                              X