PDA

View Full Version : Through pain and support, Maybin emerges

The Spaz
05-01-2009, 12:59 PM
The scene was typical for a teenage boy and his father.

Together in a van on a long drive, the father began to preach a little. In this particular case, he really was a preacher. With nowhere to escape, his son stared out the window and looked for anything amid the passing landscape to distract him from the lecture.

Only this wasn't some mundane interlude. The teen wasn't ignoring the speech or rolling his eyes. He was absorbing every word. The tears welled.

"It was a very pivotal time for me in my life," Buffalo Bills rookie defensive end Aaron Maybin said of the intimate talk he had four years ago with his father.

Maybin was 17 and on his way to Penn State for a Nike camp. College football recruiters from across the country had begun to notice his athletic ability. He had the size, the speed, the explosiveness that made them slobber. He was on the verge of landing a full scholarship to practically any college in the East.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-8-2/Through-pain-and-support--Maybin-emerges.html

ServoBillieves
05-01-2009, 01:09 PM
But, but... Those tears on draft day were of how much he didn't want to be a Buffalo Bill remember!?

Good read.

The Spaz
05-01-2009, 01:18 PM
But, but... Those tears on draft day were of how much he didn't want to be a Buffalo Bill remember!?

Good read.

Ha yeah I remember someone saying that...lol