Brilliant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

Brilliant

I finally figured out this draft. Mainly the OL. Now that we will be running the No huddle (sounds so great to say that) we needed a team that can play multiple positions and depth. We have 3 RBs who are very usefull in the no huddle offense, Hardy and Reed can sub in and out if they need to, Wood and Levitre can play multiple positions if the team needs a rest. Also Nelson can also split out which is incredibly usefull with the NH. Also with our rotational D we will need the D-Line to sub in and out alot. We also need a defense who are quick and that wont get tired that easy. I think thats why we so many DBs. When DBs are on the field alot they need to be subed out a hell of a lot more than any other position.
  • elltrain22
    • Sep 2003

Re: Brilliant

Go Bills!!
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• lmcshadow
      • Nov 2007

...Come to the dark side..
      The enemy deserves no mercy....mercy is for the weak.

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

I agree in principle with you, Mitchell, but not in all of the specifics. If Wood and Levitre are starting on day one, they won't shift around to different positions unless an injury somehow forces the Bills to make adjustments. Where versatility helps in in the skill position players. As you mentioned, Nelson's ability to line up tight or split out can create huge matchup problems for a defense. Likewise, Fred Jackson's ability to line up like a receiver is good for the no huddle. There are others. Derek Schouman can line up as an H-back/fullback or on the line as a tight end. If James Hardy is ready to contribute, he may not switch where he lines up that much, but he can sure present matchup problems for the defense in a no huddle or any other offensive look.

I don't see much of an issue on defense. The no huddle can be run as a hurry up offense the way it was done during the Jim Kelly era with the K-Gun. However, it doesn't have to be. You can still take the full play clock allotment to run your play. You can run a ball contro offense with the no huddle. It does not have to be a quick strike offense. As such, it may not have the defense panting quite as much, but it still prevents the defense from making substitutions and changing personnel packages for different situations. If you run a ball control offense at least some of the time with your no huddle you are not necessarily going to stress out your own defense any more than you would running an offense with a huddle. I don't see the Bills carrying any more DBs because of their intent to run a no huddle than they would carry should they use a different offensive concept.
        Last edited by TigerJ; 05-02-2009, 08:00 PM.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• acehole
          • Jan 2006

what is really brilliant is it is perfect for wearing down 325 ld nt...which is the heart of a 3-4....

Originally posted by Mitchell55
          I finally figured out this draft. Mainly the OL. Now that we will be running the No huddle (sounds so great to say that) we needed a team that can play multiple positions and depth. We have 3 RBs who are very usefull in the no huddle offense, Hardy and Reed can sub in and out if they need to, Wood and Levitre can play multiple positions if the team needs a rest. Also Nelson can also split out which is incredibly usefull with the NH. Also with our rotational D we will need the D-Line to sub in and out alot. We also need a defense who are quick and that wont get tired that easy. I think thats why we so many DBs. When DBs are on the field alot they need to be subed out a hell of a lot more than any other position.
          Hated by the stupid..
          Loved by their moms.

Comment

Working...
          X