PDA

View Full Version : Great Jim Kelly Interview on WGRZ.COM

Commissioner
05-01-2009, 10:44 PM
http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=66401&catid=4

Some quick thoughts:

- He doesn't sound real confident about the Bills staying in Buffalo
- He seems to have some doubts about the Bills being able to pull off the no huddle... or maybe he's just realistic. The no huddle sounds like a finely tuned machine that takes the right players at every position.
- I hope someday he's the owner of the Bills. Sounds like he really knows what the team needs to win

homeslice5484
05-01-2009, 10:57 PM
what makes you think hes not confident of the future?

Commissioner
05-01-2009, 11:03 PM
what makes you think hes not confident of the future?

I dunno... just got that vibe... didn't have anything positive to say about the Bills staying in Buffalo when Stu Boyer repeatedly questioned him on it. Last year or a couple years ago I remember him saying the Bills will leave Buffalo over his dead body. Then hearing rumors about how he already had a group of investors that wanted to keep the team in Buffalo....

Didn't see that same confidence.....

Just my impression...

HAMMER
05-01-2009, 11:30 PM
When Ralph Wilson dies the Buffalo Bills die within three years. I realize that is not a popular statement but no one is going to spend close to a billion dollars to buy this franchise and keep them in an economically challenged city. They would also need to build a new stadium sooner than later and will likely have to kick in another 500 million or so to get that done. I will be a very sad man when this day comes, but it is inevitable. All of Jim Kelly's boasting about keeping the team in town is nothing more than hot air. If I am wrong I will be extreeeeeemly happy and gladly eat heapings of crow.

Goobylal
05-01-2009, 11:55 PM
When Ralph Wilson dies the Buffalo Bills die within three years. I realize that is not a popular statement but no one is going to spend close to a billion dollars to buy this franchise and keep them in an economically challenged city. They would also need to build a new stadium sooner than later and will likely have to kick in another 500 million or so to get that done. I will be a very sad man when this day comes, but it is inevitable. All of Jim Kelly's boasting about keeping the team in town is nothing more than hot air. If I am wrong I will be extreeeeeemly happy and gladly eat heapings of crow.
The problem with a new owner moving the team is that no cities will build a new stadium for an NFL team anymore, especially after the "G-3" fund, which provided $150M from the NFL for new stadiums, ended. Second of all, there is a huge relocation fee, somewhere in the $300-400M range. The new owner would be best-served keeping the team in Buffalo and splitting game with Toronto.

Dying_-2-_Live
05-02-2009, 12:06 AM
He actually sounds pretty optimistic about the team

Forward_Lateral
05-02-2009, 06:19 AM
:rofl:

"I hope Trent stays healthy, because I don't even know who the 2nd string Quarterback is now"

Jan Reimers
05-02-2009, 07:15 AM
[url]http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=66401&catid=4[/ur
- I hope someday he's the owner of the Bills. Sounds like he really knows what the team needs to win
Kelly does not have anywhere near the resources to own the Bills. At best, he could be a minority partner in an ownership consortium, and function as President or GM for that group.

Mr. Miyagi
05-02-2009, 09:24 AM
So in other words, if you're right, you get to be right. If you're wrong, you'll still be a happy man. Nice.

HHURRICANE
05-02-2009, 09:45 AM
http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=66401&catid=4

Some quick thoughts:

- He doesn't sound real confident about the Bills staying in Buffalo
- He seems to have some doubts about the Bills being able to pull off the no huddle... or maybe he's just realistic. The no huddle sounds like a finely tuned machine that takes the right players at every position.

1) The Bills will not stay in Buffalo, sadly.

2) Jim Kelly was the greatest QB we ever had here but Trent Edwards is a pretty smart player and if anyone can run the no huddle it would be him. For the record Dan Marino, John Elway, or Peyton Manning could have run our offense with just as much success as Kelly. I think he is severely overstating his abilities on that one.

3) I have a better shot of owning the Bills. Jim Kelly isn't all that wealthy so I'm getting sick of the "Jim Kelly is buying the team" garbage. Walter Payton had **** loads more money when he discussed trying to "buy into" a franchise and he found out quickly how little a chance he had.

TheMan08
05-02-2009, 10:12 AM
You have more money than Jim KellyLOL

HHURRICANE
05-02-2009, 10:43 AM
You have more money than Jim KellyLOL

I sometimes wonder if people really understand the real world on this board.

I don't make it a habit of counting other people's money but Jim Kelly isn't playing football last I looked and to my knowledge he is not invested in anything that I would say is generating lots of cash. So in terms or real money he's not all that spectacular.

If people want the team to stay in Buffalo I'd be praying that Jeremy Jacobs is staying fit and makes a run at this team. He's the only businessman I know that can keep the team in Buffalo, service the debt, and make a healthy enough profit with the team to make it worth his while.

THATHURMANATOR
05-02-2009, 10:55 AM
Unfortunately you are probably correct....... We can always hope for a miracle I suppose.

Night Train
05-02-2009, 10:55 AM

The way the NFL keeps raising their costs (oblivious to the present economics outside their little fraternity), I can see the bottom 6-8 markets leaving the NFL.

Outside of maybe L.A., there is no community looking for an NFL team. The league loves to dump all the costs on the Counties/States that have a team & the taxpayers everywhere cannot afford this these days. Plus corporate $$ is running thin. The NFL is driving out the middle class.

Thus my past postings of the Bills and several other NFL teams joinging the UFL or some other upstart league.

The Juice Is Loose
05-02-2009, 11:01 AM
I don't think the NFL will drop franchises.

All this doom and gloom makes me depressed.

I was thinking about it last night in bed. If the economy is screwed, how is it going to get better? People keep living longer, and reproducing. How are jobs going to multiply at the speed people are?

If the Bills leave Buffalo, I don't know what I'd do. Honestly. The Bills have been my life since 1988. When I was 6 years old. I check this stupid board, PFT, BBills.com 100's of times a day. (granted its usually when I'm bored to tears at work or whatever)...Honestly if the Bills leave I'm just going to be a shell of my former self.

It's depressing but its true. So for now I'm just going to choose to have faith that our country/state/region/city/team are going to turn things around, and survive.

It's the only choice I've got.

Nighthawk
05-02-2009, 11:10 AM
I loved the part when he talked about Jauron. He says he's a friend, but you can tell by his answer that he just doesn't believe Dickey has "it" to be successful.

FlyingDutchman
05-02-2009, 11:18 AM
1) The Bills will not stay in Buffalo, sadly.

2) Jim Kelly was the greatest QB we ever had here but Trent Edwards is a pretty smart player and if anyone can run the no huddle it would be him. For the record Dan Marino, John Elway, or Peyton Manning could have run our offense with just as much success as Kelly. I think he is severely overstating his abilities on that one.

3) I have a better shot of owning the Bills. Jim Kelly isn't all that wealthy so I'm getting sick of the "Jim Kelly is buying the team" garbage. Walter Payton had **** loads more money when he discussed trying to "buy into" a franchise and he found out quickly how little a chance he had.

Jim Kelly played for the Patriots? Seriously either get that piece of trash patriots logo off your avatar and give up this crap, or stop commenting on the bills like you care.

second, yeah im sure you have a better shot at owning the bills. You probably have a mile long list of multi-millionaire friends also. Walter Payton was the first player to get a million dollar contract. A million. Thats it. I dont know what franchise youre talking about, but youre surprised he couldnt buy into a franchise? **** loads more money? How the hell would you know?

FlyingDutchman
05-02-2009, 11:24 AM
I sometimes wonder if people really understand the real world on this board.

I don't make it a habit of counting other people's money but Jim Kelly isn't playing football last I looked and to my knowledge he is not invested in anything that I would say is generating lots of cash. So in terms or real money he's not all that spectacular.

If people want the team to stay in Buffalo I'd be praying that Jeremy Jacobs is staying fit and makes a run at this team. He's the only businessman I know that can keep the team in Buffalo, service the debt, and make a healthy enough profit with the team to make it worth his while.

He has mulitple investments. One is he has a partnership with my old company in Rochester, CGI Communications. Ive heard of many others but dont know specifically to comment. Along with biz partnerships, he also has multiple charities that raise millions....Does this sound like a guy who is just taking retirement and playing golf every day? Youre seriously banking your thoughts on whether he still plays football? And Walter Payton was an awesome running back so he must have more money than Jim right? Youre talking about stuff you have no clue about.

HHURRICANE
05-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Jim Kelly played for the Patriots? Seriously either get that piece of trash patriots logo off your avatar and give up this crap, or stop commenting on the bills like you care.

second, yeah im sure you have a better shot at owning the bills. You probably have a mile long list of multi-millionaire friends also. Walter Payton was the first player to get a million dollar contract. A million. Thats it. I dont know what franchise youre talking about, but youre surprised he couldnt buy into a franchise? **** loads more money? How the hell would you know?

How many former NFL players have ownership interests in teams currently?

Walter Payton was a very succesful businessman and made alot more money after football than he ever did playing so your post is completely inaccurate.

FlyingDutchman
05-02-2009, 11:33 AM
Walter Payton was a very succesful businessman and made alot more money after football than he ever did playing so your post is completely inaccurate.

wow great arguement...really got me there....all the verbal throw up you post is inaccurate and often posted to hear yourself. Very seldomly do you know what youre talking about, and i mean VERY seldom

HHURRICANE
05-02-2009, 11:37 AM
He has mulitple investments. One is he has a partnership with my old company in Rochester, CGI Communications. Ive heard of many others but dont know specifically to comment. Along with biz partnerships, he also has multiple charities that raise millions....Does this sound like a guy who is just taking retirement and playing golf every day? Youre seriously banking your thoughts on whether he still plays football? And Walter Payton was an awesome running back so he must have more money than Jim right? Youre talking about stuff you have no clue about.

Jim Kelly is super rich and will buy the team.

Feel better?

You don't know what you are talking about and I'm not in the mood to argue with you. Players will get business deal, ie. paid board positions, etc. because of who they are. Is it a good deal? Yes. Jim Kelly is good guy that has a nice comfortable life. Having the cash to even talk about buying a team is a whole different level.

FlyingDutchman
05-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Jim Kelly is super rich and will buy the team.

Feel better?

You don't know what you are talking about and I'm not in the mood to argue with you. Players will get business deal, ie. paid board positions, etc. because of who they are. Is it a good deal? Yes. Jim Kelly is good guy that has a nice comfortable life. Having the cash to even talk about buying a team is a whole different level.

I never said he had the money to buy the team. Very few people in this world do. Its about investors and his ability to network. Ive worked the Jim Kelly celeb golf tourney, and if you dont think this guy can pull strings and get people to help him, youre obviously clueless. Plus what do you care? Youre a piece of crap Patriots fan

FlyingDutchman
05-02-2009, 11:41 AM
You negged me and said post facts? are you serious? LOL all youre arguements have been are random guessing by yourself. The post is a complete dueshebag moron

HHURRICANE
05-02-2009, 11:52 AM
You negged me and said post facts? are you serious? LOL all youre arguements have been are random guessing by yourself. The post is a complete dueshebag moron

You're day will be 10X better if you put me on ignore. The board will be better for it as well.

PS. You really shouldn't assume anything on these boards because you aren't really sure who you are talking to.

FlyingDutchman
05-02-2009, 11:56 AM
You're day will be 10X better if you put me on ignore. The board will be better for it as well.

PS. You really shouldn't assume anything on these boards because you aren't really sure who you are talking to.

everybodys day would be 10x better if you just went to a patriots board. And what exactly am I assuming? I didnt assume anything. I dont even know what im supposed to make of that weirdo comment. I dont know who the hell you are nor do I care. Obviously im talking to nobody special

FlyingDutchman
05-02-2009, 11:58 AM
P.S- The bills didnt make any trades...so why are you still investing time?....all talk....

Ed
05-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Long live Ralph!

DMBcrew36
05-02-2009, 06:09 PM

Jim Kelly should stay the hell away from businesses. He drove his restaurant into the ground - not once, but twice - and ****ed all his investors and blue-collar suppliers.

SabreEleven
05-02-2009, 08:00 PM
1) 2) Jim Kelly was the greatest QB we ever had here but Trent Edwards is a pretty smart player and if anyone can run the no huddle it would be him. For the record Dan Marino, John Elway, or Peyton Manning could have run our offense with just as much success as Kelly. I think he is severely overstating his abilities on that one.

I think you missed the point here. It sounds like Kelly was saying that the offense has a to be very comfortable together and play together awhile...with TO new, half the O-line new, the Tight End will be new and Marshawn suspended will make the No-huddle very hard play no matter who the QB is.

PromoTheRobot
05-03-2009, 08:43 PM
As much as some people hate the idea, splittng the franchise with Toronto is Buffalo's only hope of clinging to the NFL, even if its only part time.

PTR