PDA

View Full Version : Look for the Bills to go with no FB, or one with a reduced role.

yordad
05-02-2009, 02:07 PM
OK, the Bill smade no attempt to grab a FB in this draft. And, with only 2 drafted, the Bills had a lot to choose from in the 7th.

The Bills look to have targeted lineman who excell at run blocking.

Who would you guys rather have as the 7th player on the field? First, I will list the first 10
1. Edwards
2. Lynch
3. TO
4. Evans
5. Nelson
6. Butler
7. Woods
8. Levitre
9. Hangartner
10. Walker

Now, there are a number of differnet packages the Bills could use at any givem moment depending on a number of different things. There are times when Jackson would be the 11th, Fine, Hardy, Johnson, Schouman, Rhodes, Parrish, and of course Reed.

But, how often do you think McIntyre will be the best 11th option?

yordad
05-02-2009, 02:07 PM
OK, the Bill smade no attempt to grab/upgrade a FB in this draft. And, with only 2 drafted, the Bills had a lot to choose from in the 7th.

The Bills look to have targeted lineman who excell at run blocking.

Who would you guys rather have as the 11th player on the field? First, I will list the first 10
1. Edwards
2. Lynch
3. TO
4. Evans
5. Nelson
6. Butler
7. Woods
8. Levitre
9. Hangartner
10. Walker

Now, there are a number of differnet packages the Bills could use at any givem moment depending on a number of different things. There are times when Jackson would be the 11th, Fine, Hardy, Johnson, Schouman, Rhodes, Parrish, and of course Reed.

Mitchell55
05-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Id rather have McCall. But without a FB just go with Reed as a slot

yordad
05-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Id rather have McCall. But without a FB just go with Reed as a slotI think Reed will see the field a lot. So much so, that he is basically a starter. He will likely be subed out when the Bills are around the opposing 20 yard line though. He isn't exactly the most awesomest red zone threat.

yordad
05-02-2009, 02:16 PM
How the heck was this thread created twice? Sorry Mods.

Pinkerton Security
05-02-2009, 02:16 PM
we have a FB. McIntyre. hes a blocker, which is all we care about. I bet we'll see a FB just as much as we did last year.

yordad
05-02-2009, 02:20 PM
we have a FB. McIntyre. hes a blocker, which is all we care about. I bet we'll see a FB just as much as we did last year.Well ok, except he sucked at blocking too.

mayotm
05-02-2009, 02:24 PM
I could easily see a FB not making the 53 man roster. For short yardage, they could use another position player at FB.

Mitchell55
05-02-2009, 02:29 PM
I could easily see a FB not making the 53 man roster. For short yardage, they could use another position player at FB.

Aside from Barber, Lynch is the best short yardage RB ive ever seen. Why use someone else?

yordad
05-02-2009, 02:31 PM
I wouldn't be surprised. He better excell on special teams.
Aside from Barber, Lynch is the best short yardage RB ive ever seen. Why use someone else?I think he means that Fine, or someone, could be used in a lead blocker capacity like once a weekish.

ServoBillieves
05-02-2009, 02:36 PM
Schouman and Fine are ok at blocking out of the backfield.

Turk wants a lead man to mow down people for Marshawn, so I see McIntyre taking the field a lot, even if I would rather see Action in the backfield with Marshawn.

yordad
05-02-2009, 02:40 PM
Schouman and Fine are ok at blocking out of the backfield.

Turk wants a lead man to mow down people for Marshawn, so I see McIntyre taking the field a lot, even if I would rather see Action in the backfield with Marshawn.How much mowing did you see McIntyre do last year? I seen him get in the way more then he paved one.

casdhf
05-02-2009, 02:46 PM
I think Fine will see a lot of action this year.

McBFLO
05-02-2009, 03:56 PM
I can't see the FB being used in any situation other than short yardage or goaline packages. We just have too much talent on the offensive side of the ball to have McIntyre on the field in any other situation.

DrGraves
05-02-2009, 04:49 PM
I want johnson on the field.

TigerJ
05-02-2009, 07:52 PM
I think the Bills will convert McCall to FB, though he was playing TE in the rookie minicamp. He'll compete with McIntyre for that roster spot. I can see the Bills using Schouman in the backfield quite a bit too. He would be more of a receiving threat than either McCall or McIntyre.

mayotm
05-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Aside from Barber, Lynch is the best short yardage RB ive ever seen. Why use someone else?Dude, the topic of the thread is fullback. I was obviously referring to who would be blocking for Lynch in a short yardage situation. Not who would be carrying the ball. Perhaps you should understand the thread before questioning my post.

Spiderweb
05-03-2009, 09:48 AM
How much mowing did you see McIntyre do last year? I seen him get in the way more then he paved one.

.....or knocked on his rear. McIntyre sure failed to impress when he had his chances. Heck we even tried Whittle back there when he was available, and that didn't work that well either. Sam Gash may have been a one trick pony, but he sure could lead block.

Night Train
05-03-2009, 10:52 AM
If the Bills are going to run a spread/no huddle as reported, the only thing the FB will be doing is weighing down the bench.

If you need someone to block on short yardage, bring in a an extra OL or DL . Many teams do that.

yordad
05-03-2009, 11:50 AM
Well, I wanted the Bills to take a look at Brannan Southerland (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/profiles/brannan-southerland?id=79647) in round 7, but that didn't happen. IMO, not a world beater, but he would be as good as McIntyre at blocking, and have more versatility. He is an able receiver and runner. The more flex you can get out of a FB the better, IMO. Unless of course you get one who is an all world blocker.

Oaf
05-03-2009, 11:55 AM

We did the same exact thing last year in addressing the position and also said the exact same thing that we wouldn't use the FB much. And then to answer your question, our street scrub FB was apparently the 11th best option a LOT more than anyone thought during the season. :bs:

yordad
05-03-2009, 10:16 PM
We did the same exact thing last year in addressing the position and also said the exact same thing that we wouldn't use the FB much. And then to answer your question, our street scrub FB was apparently the 11th best option a LOT more than anyone thought during the season. :bs:Your right, but now the Bills have one of the better slot receivers in the league.... and he's hopefully playing in the slot, not the outside. But, I agree, these coaches are hard to predict. It is like they lack a certain amount of logic sometimes.

diggemsmack
05-04-2009, 03:49 PM
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k142/geebeediggem/drama.jpg

Oaf
05-04-2009, 04:47 PM
Did Jauron ever wear that outfit? It looks a hell lot better than the drab stuff he usually wears.

Oaf
05-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Your right, but now the Bills have one of the better slot receivers in the league.... and he's hopefully playing in the slot, not the outside. But, I agree, these coaches are hard to predict.

I also am very excited for Reed to get back in the slot. In terms of blocking, this guy nearly offers as much as McIntyre anyways and I'm expecting a 2002-like performance from him (Has it been that long since we've have a legit 1, 2 at WR?)

It is like they lack a certain amount of logic sometimes.

I know, right?

yordad
05-21-2009, 09:16 PM
Maybe even more so now, lol.